Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Claymore Chapter 90- A World Without Order

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Chapter 90- A World Without Order

Claymore Chapter 90: A World Without Order - Review.

The Cast-

Claire- Our heroine. After a several month absence she returns to the spotlight. And she’s still a troublemaker.

Miria- The Ghosts leader. She’s going to be getting some bad news soon.

Galatea- Former Claymore, and now nun. She may be blind but she senses Yoki on an incredible scale.

Dietrich- The current number 8. Just when I thought I had her figured out…

Dauf- Riful’s lover. He’s as dumb as an ox, but as strong as they come.

Cynthia-Our sweet girl next door type stuck traveling with Claire. Also the healer.

Yuma- I love her, but she’s the weakest of the ghosts, and it shows this time…

Dietrich, Bearer Of News.

We open with the twins, Alicia and Beth powering up and taking off to go find and kill Riful. In Rabona, Miria and Tabitha sense this, and so does Galatea. But that’s not all our favorite Nun has sensed. She tells them that she thinks that Isley has died in the south. Tabitha is skeptical that Galatea can have such range, but Galatea reminds her that being blind has enhanced her ability to sense Yoki. Oh and that someone trying to hide their Yoki is coming to the city. A cloaked Dietrich is indeed approaching the city, but gets intercepted by Miria before she can find a way in. Dietrich has a message from Helen and Deneve. She fills them in about the events of the last few chapters, then leaves to return to the Organization.
    Just when I think I understand Dietrich, it turns out I don’t. She repays her debt to Helen and Deneve here by taking a message to Miria, but is considerably more hostile to Miria than she was to them. It also turns out that Galatea and Dietrich know each other. Tracker Dietrich is her nickname, probably due to her tracking skills. She’s also very loyal to the organization. Odd then that she took the time to go off without Helen and Deneve. So was she just gathering Intel for the Organization? Or is she like Miria, putting up a loyal front? Perhaps her sense of honor and loyalty keep her working for the Organization. I have to wonder what her reaction would have been if Miria had just told her the Organizations secret. But now the gang in Rabona knows the situation, and I’m sure that Miria and Tabitha at least will be heading east. Oh and on a different note Tabitha changed her hair.

Tough Dauf.

Meanwhile, Claire, Cynthia and Yuma are hiding in a forest from Dauf. Unfortunately Yuma can’t keep her breathing quite and Dauf manages to catch her. Claire and Cynthia spring to the rescue, but the wind cutter can’t cut Dauf. Cynthia gets him to loosen his grip, but Dauf still manages to catch Yuma’s leg. With no way to hurt Dauf, Claire is forced to cut Yuma’s leg off and run for it.
    Well, the trio runs into Dauf, and it goes poorly for them. Without releasing Yoki, they can’t hurt him, and it’s Yuma who gets the worst of it. Being the pragmatist Claire cuts off Yuma’s leg so they can escape. There are two things I find interesting though. One- How the hell did Dauf sneak up on them? Claire and Cynthia at least should have sensed his Yoki from miles away. Two- Dauf didn’t recognize Claire. Course he is that dumb.

Claire Goes It Alone

Having escaped the trio focuses on Yuma’s leg. Seems that Yuma isn’t that great at regeneration, so Cynthia is going to have some work ahead of her. Claire apologizes to Yuma, but Yuma tells her not to. Dauf had already crushed her leg. Claire announces that she’s going to follow Dauf to Riful and asks them to wait for her to return. Cynthia and Yuma ask if Claire wants to rescue Renee or Raphael. Claire says that’s not it, but that she feels she has to meet Raphaela.
    Well the three escaped Dauf, and we find out that Yuma isn’t too good a regeneration. I find this odd as she did regenerate an arm during the northern campaign. Maybe it’s because her Yoki is suppressed? Claire never changes. She claims she isn’t the sort to risk her life for others, but as we’ve seen before she is. Just look back to the witches maw arc. It looks like Claire is going to leave Cynthia and Yuma at a safe place while she goes to Riful. It’ll be interesting to see what happens next.

Conclusion-
    We shift our focus on to Claire and her current traveling companions. And they get themselves in trouble. Meanwhile we get to see the gang in Rabona, and Dietrich. This has left me somewhat confused about Dietrich. I’m sure that we’ll see her again at some point. I would imagine that Miria and Tabitha will take off to aid their comrades. I don’t think that Galatea, Miata and Clarice will go with them though. One things for sure, and major brawl is about to begin, and at least one faction will end up either severely weakened, or wiped out.
    Winner of the Month-

Tabitha for her new hairdo. I considered giving it to Dauf for his showing in battle, but since he was mostly beating up on poor Yuma, I decided to disqualify him. Yuma needs a hug dammnit!

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Chapter 90- A World Without Order

Great review, the picture are good

I wonder though, will clare and her group, perhaps even Miria too, to ally themselves with Riful, in order to gain some wins against the Organisation, since both have a common enemy?

Btw, I like the idea of winner of the month, although it would be better if it was a bit separated from the whole review text, making it better to identify at first sight. But nonetheless, great review.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sci-Fi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What bothers me is that Clare already met Raphaela:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/50/11/
    Why does Clare think this time will be a social call or that Raphaela needs to be saved, esp with her abilities? There's no way Clare knows about the merge or why or how Raphaela is with Riful. And Clare crossed Riful, so there's a big problem there. In any case, the next chapter should be interesting...esp if Alicia and Beth show up at the same time and place.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Sari, I don't see an alliance between the Ghosts and Riful happening. Because no matter how sweet and nice she acts, Riful is still an evil man eating monster who's idea of making friends is to tourture them until they awaken, and then kill them if they're not strong enough. And the ghosts know this. And Riful is pissed at Claire. And unlike Isley, she seems to have no change of heart over the last seven years.

And Sci-Fi, I think that Claire is feeling that she needs to meet Raphelia this time. It's not like they talked or anything before. And as for why Claire thinks that Raphelea needs to be saved are you reffering to Claires abilities or Raphela's? Besides who'd think a number 47 could save everyones asses from Rigaldo?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that there might be an alliance in order to defeat both Isley and the Org, but now that Isley died so suddenly and another being stronger than AO is gonna be created the ghosts have no need for an alliance with Riful for now, but an alliance with Raciella is much more likely..

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That's kinda interesting, the fab 7 surrounds Rafaela/Luciella and attempts to bring them back to being human. They fail though and Clare has to fully awaken to defeat them.... but just a moment... isn't that a very bad thing? NO! The scary monster Clare turns into when truly awakened is... Teresa of the faint smile!
    Last edited by Wowzers; April 15, 2009 at 09:07 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw I can't really see the difference between the new and old Thabatha

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She put her braid up into a bun. All my pics are from this chapter, so that's not a comparision shot.

By the way, I'm I the only one doing reviews now?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I haven't seen other reviews. But you made a nice job with this one, keep it up.

New Reply