Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how do LQ raws exists?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dosetsu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: how do LQ raws exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Stmated View Post
    Actually, it is called "cleaning," since "editing" is the full process of cleaning, redrawing and typesetting.
    I don't get all into these technical terms of "scanlations" because at the end of the day, I'm something else before I'm a "scanlator."

If I open up something that isn't being created from scratch (Or therefore, something that's "done."), all I'm doing is editing it, don't care how you look at it, but that's all it sums up to.

Quote Originally Posted by wade69 View Post
    Wtf no... Thats called cleaning what your talking about. I am talking about the raws getting scanned bad because they don't have the best settings or something.
    The fact that you can only co-signing to what someone else said says a lot. In simple terms... shut up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revilenigma's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

so basically the paper and ink sucks and the only way to get it a good scan is if you play with your scanner setting to make a mq scan, problem is that no one wants to screw around with their scanner to do it. (I do remember seeing a really awesome mq raw for a gantz chapter)
    http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/revilenigma/avatars%20and%20sigs/boxman.png

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wade69's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dosetsu View Post
    The fact that you can only co-signing to what someone else said says a lot. In simple terms... shut up.
    Stop posting if you don't know anything about scanlations and how raws come out and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Revilenigma View Post
    so basically the paper and ink sucks and the only way to get it a good scan is if you play with your scanner setting to make a mq scan, problem is that no one wants to screw around with their scanner to do it. (I do remember seeing a really awesome mq raw for a gantz chapter)
    Thats why its best to scan it at high resolutions because once it gets resized the quality will go up.
    Last edited by wade69; April 11, 2009 at 01:19 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dosetsu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: how do LQ raws exists?

Quote Originally Posted by wade69 View Post
    Stop posting if you don't know anything about scanlations and how raws come out and stuff.
    Ok Mr.Knowitall that actually knows nothing at all, a little comprehension might actually let you 'know' something for a change.
    Last edited by dosetsu; April 11, 2009 at 04:43 PM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

lol @ dosetsu

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Y-on's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's all cease the arguing and stop acting like the number of times you're right is penis size (luckily everyone who posted here was a guy). I'm pretty sure the question is answered by now, I was curious about it also, but just to throw it in, I've always wondered where spoiler images come from.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to know that too
    http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/revilenigma/avatars%20and%20sigs/boxman.png

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

shop owners in japan get jump a few days b4 they sell it.

so 4 ex. the owner gets jump on saturday. they'll keep it and officially put them out 4 sell on monday. thats wht they're supposed to do.

but some owners dun care and sell them on saturday anyway. thats how u get spoiler pics

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyberlime View Post

so 4 ex. the owner gets jump on saturday. they'll keep it and officially put them out 4 sell on monday. thats wht they're supposed to do.

but some owners dun care and sell them on saturday anyway. thats how u get spoiler pics
    Huh? Not really...

Spoiler pics and spoiler summaries are on tuesday, wednesday. What you mean is early raws which are scanned on friday (like naruto, bleach, so on...) when the magazine is on sale on mondays.
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

aren't spoilers out on Sundays and Mondays?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

... i guess time difference is the problem? different time zones..all that?
    n i think that scanners get they jump mailed so that would take bout 2-3 delivery days. then they scan it on thurs/fri (notice the word I THINK)

maybe a scanner should answer this question haha

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, actually it's more ironic than that. Ever since the famous arrest 2 years back or so, I don't think the Japanese bookstores actually got their stock that early. As far as I know, there are 2 sources:

Spoiler: Inside job. Mostly the workers of the printing company taking shots with their phones. That's where you get the spoilers and such (most of the time).

RAWs: Bookstores outside of Japan. These places will get their stocks early prior to the actual Monday sale day. Usually in HK, east China and Taiwan, iirc. US bookstores get these a day later compared to these places. Probably why you'll see Chinese scanaltions usualyl are out early, even before we get our raws.

So, you can see that the RAWs are actually not coming from Japan, most of the time.

15. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deJeer's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes Re: how do LQ raws exists?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberlime View Post

OMG,.....
    i really dun believe it

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member reinen's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bax View Post
    Nah, actually it's more ironic than that. Ever since the famous arrest 2 years back or so, I don't think the Japanese bookstores actually got their stock that early. As far as I know, there are 2 sources:

Spoiler: Inside job. Mostly the workers of the printing company taking shots with their phones. That's where you get the spoilers and such (most of the time).

RAWs: Bookstores outside of Japan. These places will get their stocks early prior to the actual Monday sale day. Usually in HK, east China and Taiwan, iirc. US bookstores get these a day later compared to these places. Probably why you'll see Chinese scanaltions usualyl are out early, even before we get our raws.

So, you can see that the RAWs are actually not coming from Japan, most of the time.
    I see...so how can i buy the original japanese raw volume then? (where to, the price and the payment process)

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... I'll just answer for both mediums, just in case (although I'm pretty sure this was answered somewhere else a few times).

If you're looking for the early magazine, then your best bet is your local bookstores, give and take a day late than the online RAWs (if it's available in your place of course). Some bookstores even get it a week late.

If you actually do mean the volumes, if it's not available in your bookstores, then online buying is your only way, unless you want to search for other places in Indonesia or fly to Malaysia, Thailand or Singapore to buy it ^^;; (judging from your flag).

Kirimi wrote a good guide on how to buy online here:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21277
    I personally recommend bk1.

19. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2