Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: TAL by Kang Im

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

TAL by Kang Im

TAL

Demographics: Sonyeon (Shounen)
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Mystery, Psychological, Supernatural
    Publishing Status: Ongoing
    Writer: Kang Im
    Artist: Kang Im
    On MH : Link
    Groups Scanlating: Easy Going Scans
    Published / Serialized in: Naver
    Mangaupdates

About the Story

They walk like ordinary people, they talk like ordinary people but in fact there is nothing ordinary about them since they can materialize an image they have on their mind... They call themselves Chachaoong which also means Shaman and they do not know how or when they came to this world. It is now a time for their current king to choose the future one and so he did by choosing Yu Jin an ordinary human...? Many of the Chachaoong can not tolerate a human ruling them and now the poor Yu Jin not knowing what suddenly hit him, is trying to avoid the Chachaoongs who are trying to kill him!

Personal Note

Yet another project by Egscans. Chapters are coming out with a better schedule. I wont say this series is awesome, at least not yet. However, the storyline isn't bad. I do find the art a bit odd, may be the characters faces. Otherwise, it is good. Not a bad read though, so do try it.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; June 23, 2011 at 01:43 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

TAL by Kang Im

In a seemingly ordinary world there roams beings who looks like human but are not so. They are called Chachaoong and are beings who can surpass human limits and can materialize objects out of their imaginations. These entities are ruled by an a certain being called Jack O'Lantern, who holds a God like authority over these superhuman race. Inexplicably though, he chooses a seemingly normal human boy Yu Jin as a replacement for his position ie next King. Yu is not only ignorant about the news but is also ignorant about the existence of a super human race in the first place.
    All of a sudden he must face the facts through the localized furores of some Chachaoongs against the decision of Jack and hence being targeted by the Chachaoongs.
    To live Yu must learn how to survive. Fortunately for him someone named En,who is not only incredibly powerful but feared amongst all the Chachaoongs, has taken an interest in him and plans on aiding, teaching nd lining him up with whats necessary about the new found world of beings that he is to be a king of .

my verdict: Its similar to noblesse in certain aspects but it lacks the non conventional elements that nobless posess and which makes it sooo good. Nevertheless its a good read.
    Its more like regular shonen where the main has some power hidden(probably) nd has some frigging insanely powerful guy like jiraya train him to be stronger and be what he must be.

i would rate it a solid 8 out of 10
    only 19 chaps so far i guess its not a far time to judge a webtoon. I think it has the potential to be better if the author tries to be innovative in the long run otherwise it ll go down like many cliche shonen titles that comes out once in a while.

Global Moderator message by: Charlie
    Merged.
    Last edited by Charlie; December 29, 2011 at 12:48 PM.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TAL by Kang Im

I just gave it a try. Pretty good.

The art is a little funky at times, but the lighthearted humor is good enough to offset that. I was put off by the lack of decent female characters at first, it just felt like the cast was a bit overbalanced in the "pretty boy" direction. But the recent introduction of few female characters that seem fun and interesting has raised my opinion significantly.

I don't think it's quite worked out a balance for the serious action vs the goofy humor yet but I think it's steadily getting better at it. If the creators can find that balance I think this could become a favorite of mine.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 27, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

started to read this too and well... it got its strong points as well as weak ones. the story isn't bad, but it takes time to unfold properly. that doesn't mean the action's not there from the beginning though. the biggest weak point - for spoiled eyes at least - is the art imo. the characters sometimes look as if their anatomy was damaged a little and so on. still overall it's quite fascinating so far and for me just now took quite an unexpected turn (~ chapter 49).

oh yh, btw. is this not organized into seasons like other works on naver?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

this 1 started to irk me. kang im writing shorter pages and keeps stalling longer than necessary. has a very intersting mystery and i liked the general direction but with things going the way they r i am getting angry.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

It's certainly readable... but it's hard for me to give any sort of review. I don't have enough to go off of, I can say neither "it's great, this one part is awesome because of such-and-such," nor "it really starts to drag on in such-and-such a part."

There's really no arcs to speak of (that I can tell, anyway). A lot of it is just characters interacting, and then new characters being added in and interacting, etc. Which isn't bad though. But I wish there were more chapters to sink my teeth into.

But I do read each release that comes out, and keep up on it.

New Reply