Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who would win in a match?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tachibana

4 17.39%
  • Tezuka

19 82.61%
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tachibana vs Tezuka

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tachibana vs Tezuka

VS

Who would win? This match-up was not played in season 1, which is a shame. My vote goes to Tachibana. I think he could take him. Tachibana is probably the most underrated character, even though he is a freaking beast.
    Last edited by Fayte; April 21, 2009 at 09:58 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

I'm going with Tachibana. He still hasn't ever gone all out (since he was holding back against Chitose).

I really hope we get a chance to see Tachibana go all out and not have to hold back, because he's got an insane amount of potential. I think a match between the two of them would probably be incredibly close, but I give Tachibana the slight edge.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to go with Tezuka with the current known abilities and power levels.

Tezuka simply has more abilities and is overall known to be one of the strongest players thus far. We've really only seen Tachibana in a single match and he didn't do very much in it. I think with some development Tachibana has a good chance at reaching Tezuka's levels, but with what we currently know my vote has to go to Tezuka

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hinata Fan View Post
    I'm going with Tachibana. He still hasn't ever gone all out (since he was holding back against Chitose).

I really hope we get a chance to see Tachibana go all out and not have to hold back, because he's got an insane amount of potential. I think a match between the two of them would probably be incredibly close, but I give Tachibana the slight edge.
    Life is hard sometimes. Holding back is his own fault, not giving people a chance to accurately judge his abilities. As Tachibana looks now, Tezuka pulls out a nice sized win. No blowout, but convincing.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw112 View Post
    Life is hard sometimes. Holding back is his own fault, not giving people a chance to accurately judge his abilities. As Tachibana looks now, Tezuka pulls out a nice sized win. No blowout, but convincing.
    Of course it's his own 'fault' that he held back, I'm just pointing out that he's pretty damn good. He and Tezuka are both above Chitose's level, the question is just by how much.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys watch Tachibana make Tezuka look silly in PoT2.

Sequel = All minor characters which have a large fanbase, get a superboost in ability.

Translation? Tachibana WILL be on Tezuka's level.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Neru's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Tachibana < Chitose < Tezuka.

This logic works by PoT standards.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neru View Post

Except Tachibana>Chitose. Remember, Tachibana was intentionally holding back in his match against Chitose.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is wrong, and will NEVER work for PoT standards.

That is like saying Tachibana < Kirihara < Fuji

Which is also wrong, because Tachibana destroyed Fuji before the nationals.

Tachibana > Chitose
    Tezuka > Chitose

Just because someone wins against someone, doesn't make them better. Echizen was certainly not better than Sanada in the Kantou finals lol

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Neru's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It works as long as the player doesn't improve. At that certain point, even Fuji would have destroyed Tachibana.

Btw, a players talent isn't what determines who is the better player. Just look at reality. There's no doubt that Federer is more talanted than Nadal overall. However, Nadal is much more consistent, has much more willpower and always plays his best. And thats makes him the better player, with the outcome as proof.

If players like Tachibana and Sanda loses becauses they refuses to play with the best of their ability, then they lost to a better player still. Because on the court all that matters in the end is who won and who lost.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, a players talent isn't what determines who is the better player. Just look at reality. There's no doubt that Federer is more talanted than Nadal overall. However, Nadal is much more consistent, has much more willpower and always plays his best. And thats makes him the better player, with the outcome as proof.

If players like Tachibana and Sanda loses becauses they refuses to play with the best of their ability, then they lost to a better player still. Because on the court all that matters in the end is who won and who lost.
    No, it is not a matter of who wins and who loses. Potential is what matters.

Renji lost to Inui. Renji had a very high potential, and look what happened in the Nationals.

Sanada lost to Echizen. Sanada had a very high potential, and look what happened to Tezuka.

Tachibana lost to Kirihara. Tachibana had very high potential, and look what happened to Fuji.

In an anime like this, the character with the most potential, will be the better player. Potential is not how many matches you win, but how skilled the player really can be, if played to the maximum ability level.

For example:
    Sanada's Potential.

If Sanada didn't keep using Lightning against Tezuka when it kept going out, and used Forest sooner, he would have 6-0'd Tezuka. The only reason he didn't, was because he was stubborn, and kept trying to win using his own way, instead of the best and most effective way to win. That is potential.
    Last edited by Fayte; April 12, 2009 at 08:22 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as an tennis player myself for more than 15 years I have to say that I agree with Neru. In reality nobody in a team competition cares if the player from the other club held back or just played bad. It simply doesnt matter. Because on the court everything matters what happens right there: your mood that day, the food you have eaten on breakfast, how much water you have consumed and will before and during the match, the surface, the weather, a little bit of luck; the list is almost endless. But one of the things that doesnt matter is the past or what might happen next day. Of course your potential matters, but if you cannot use it at its fullest and your opponent can and thus wins, he was the better player THAT day! Do you think the other team cares if I say "hey, I maybe lost today 2-6 1-6, but I could have beaten him 6-0 6-0 if I wanted" ? They wouldnt even laugh.

I too think Federer has more talent, but Nadal wins and thats why he is the better player. If you chose to bet your money on an outcome you may go by potentail.

And if Sanada would have lost because of his stubborness, Tezkua would have been the better player. And "better" just means anything, even attitude and how much you care for your teams sake. If he chose the wrong attitude because he must by all means crush Tezuka and loses because of this its his own fault and hes the worse player.

Of course thats only goes by reality... if you now say "hey, its a manga and thats why [....]" you could actually be right .
    Last edited by DavenSodan; April 13, 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't dispute that it 'doesn't matter' that Tachibana was holding back, in terms of his match of Chitose.

What I'm arguing is that he's a better player overall, so I think he would probably win against Tezuka if he was going all out.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavenSodan View Post
    Well, as an tennis player myself for more than 15 years I have to say that I agree with Neru. In reality nobody in a team competition cares if the player from the other club held back or just played bad. It simply doesnt matter. Because on the court everything matters what happens right there: your mood that day, the food you have eaten on breakfast, how much water you have consumed and will before and during the match, the surface, the weather, a little bit of luck; the list is almost endless. But one of the things that doesnt matter is the past or what might happen next day. Of course your potential matters, but if you cannot use it at its fullest and your opponent can and thus wins, he was the better player THAT day! Do you think the other team cares if I say "hey, I maybe lost today 2-6 1-6, but I could have beaten him 6-0 6-0 if I wanted" ? They wouldnt even laugh.

I too think Federer has more talent, but Nadal wins and thats why he is the better player. If you chose to bet your money on an outcome you may go by potentail.

And if Sanada would have lost because of his stubborness, Tezkua would have been the better player. And "better" just means anything, even attitude and how much you care for your teams sake. If he chose the wrong attitude because he must by all means crush Tezuka and loses because of this its his own fault and hes the worse player.

Of course thats only goes by reality... if you now say "hey, its a manga and thats why [....]" you could actually be right .
    This isn't real tennis. It is a manga. Nobody cares about who won in the manga. It is all a matter of HOW they won.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as you base ur opinion on the manga its fine with me. I just thought I clear out any misunderstandings because Neru gave the Nadal Federer example and I wasnt entierly sure if your no was going in this direction or not.

On topic: I would go with Tezuka winning the first set by using Phantom and his special serve, but overall Tachibanas Power will prevail in the following sets (if they are playing a regular match and not this best-of-one set garbage) because Tezukas arm will hurt from putting too much spin on the ball. Also Tezuka is more the calm type of player and I dont think that he would go as far as against Sanada if he doesnt compete for his team/the promise he made with Oishi etc. So if he plays for just himself he might not even use Phantom. As for Tachibana I guess that he absolutly wants to have a match with Tezuka and thus would definatly go all out.
    Last edited by DavenSodan; April 14, 2009 at 06:15 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast