Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who would win in a match?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tachibana

4 17.39%
  • Tezuka

19 82.61%
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tachibana vs Tezuka

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Neru's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Sanada's Potential.

If Sanada didn't keep using Lightning against Tezuka when it kept going out, and used Forest sooner, he would have 6-0'd Tezuka. The only reason he didn't, was because he was stubborn, and kept trying to win using his own way, instead of the best and most effective way to win. That is potential.
    Potential, is it? Sanada's potential was held back by his pride. And Tezuka's potential ( which is way beyond Sanada's if you ask me ) was held back by his injury. Was that what you meant with potential?
    Last edited by Neru; April 15, 2009 at 03:21 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neru View Post
    Potential, is it? Sanada's potential was held back by his pride. And Tezuka's potential ( which is way beyond Sanada's if you ask me ) was held back by his injury. Was that what you meant with potential?
    I agree with, all characters have great potential but something fundamental holds them back, Sanada's is pride, Tezuka's is injury, Fuji's is lack of motivation etc etc

Also Fayt i don't think Sanada could bageled Tezuka with lightning....i think his legs would have gave in before that

As for who wins?

Lets see...Tachibana holds back and he and Chitose still have close match 7-5

Tezuka on the other hand practically bagels Chitose after he stops screwing around...

I'm going to use real tennis logic...Tezuka being a counterpunching all courter would love an opponent like Tachibana aggressive he would likely get him to draw the error or punish him with Hyakuren i doubled Abari dama would be deadly

Don't see Tachibana returning the Zero shiki serve....he doesn't have Sanada's firepower don't picture him forcefully breaking the Tezuka zone only Emperor Genichiro has managed that feat

I'd say....a 7-6 or 7-5 in Tezukas favor

Irrelevant but whenever i play PoT Smash hit as Tezuka against Tachibana i usually barely win 6-4 (basically breaking him once)
    Last edited by Atobe the king; April 15, 2009 at 07:45 PM.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    I agree with, all characters have great potential but something fundamental holds them back, Sanada's is pride, Tezuka's is injury, Fuji's is lack of motivation etc etc

Also Fayt i don't think Sanada could bageled Tezuka with lightning....i think his legs would have gave in before that

As for who wins?

Lets see...Tachibana holds back and he and Chitose still have close match 7-5

Tezuka on the other hand practically bagels Chitose after he stops screwing around...

I'm going to use real tennis logic...Tezuka being a counterpunching all courter would love an opponent like Tachibana aggressive he would likely get him to draw the error or punish him with Hyakuren i doubled Abari dama would be deadly

Don't see Tachibana returning the Zero shiki serve....he doesn't have Sanada's firepower don't picture him forcefully breaking the Tezuka zone only Emperor Genichiro has managed that feat

I'd say....a 7-6 or 7-5 in Tezukas favor

Irrelevant but whenever i play PoT Smash hit as Tezuka against Tachibana i usually barely win 6-4 (basically breaking him once)
    Sanada wouldn't need to spam Rai. If he simply did it for the first 4 games until Tezuka made up his Phantom, then switched to Rin, like he did after spamming it 50 more times, he would have won easily. What is Tezuka going to do? Tezuka zone was already defeated by Sanada's "Ka," and Phantom was defeated by Sanada's "Rin." Tezuka's zero-shiki serve was defeated by Sanada's "KaRinRai" so what is Tezuka going to do? If he wanted to, Sanada could beat him 6-0, easily.

As for Tachibana, remember what he did against Fuji? He returned all of his counters, just like Shiraishi. Not only did he return Tsubame Gaeshi, he returned it FROM THE GROUND. Shiraishi returned it in the air, before it hit the ground. Tachibana is a perfect all rounder, just like Shiraishi.

http://image.onemanga.com/002/mangas...0000243/10.jpg
    lol@higuma otoshi
    http://image.onemanga.com/002/mangas...0244/10-11.jpg
    Last edited by Fayte; April 16, 2009 at 11:51 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

PoT is sort of like real Tennis A beats B Beats C but C can Beat A

You can't use that kind hypothetical with a manga for an event that already happened

Using logic you can say Sanada could have 6-0 Tezuka...but he didn't because thats not what Konomi wanted it's not like a real match where this type of logic is possible, since it's a manga the match's course went the way Konomi wanted it to. He could have easily just gave Tezuka a broken move too to make the match even, if anything it should have been an exchange of service games with a breaker in the end but it's not up to me it's up to Konomi. If he wanted Sanada to bagel him he would have done so.

Tezuka screws around in his matches too much saving trump cards till the end rather than the beginning, Sanada came out with Rai within his opening service game, Tezuka has a counter for Rai and instead drops four straight games before using his own trump card.

KaRinRai was a secret trump card i don't picture him being able to spam that

It was a close match that could have gone either, had the net cord ball landed in Sanada's court he'd have been screwed it would have have either been a withdraw or a no game

As for Fuji...that was pre-nationals Fuji in a scrimage not a real match we've seen anime and manga versions of how Tezuka would handle Fuji's counters

And according to Fuji himself Tezuka (had it been the real thing) would have won with four aces in a row from his Zero Shiki serve

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tezuka screws around in his matches too much saving trump cards till the end rather than the beginning
    The Tezuka Phantom was not a trump card. He made it up on the spot, because he was sucking up the court. It's not like he was planning on doing it. He himself said it was impossible, when Echizen asked him about it, months before. He had nothing else to throw at Sanada, but the very thing he never tried. Rai was Sanada's trump card, because he had it since the Nationals started.

As for Shadow, Personally, I believe Sanada created this technique to counter Chitose's play style. Sanada knew Chitose had PGW up his sleeve, and it could have been trouble. It was in Sanada's favor when Tezuka took the very move from Chitose, that Sanada was prepared for.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Tezuka Phantom was not a trump card. He made it up on the spot, because he was sucking up the court. It's not like he was planning on doing it. He himself said it was impossible, when Echizen asked him about it, months before. He had nothing else to throw at Sanada, but the very thing he never tried. Rai was Sanada's trump card, because he had it since the Nationals started.

As for Shadow, Personally, I believe Sanada created this technique to counter Chitose's play style. Sanada knew Chitose had PGW up his sleeve, and it could have been trouble. It was in Sanada's favor when Tezuka took the very move from Chitose, that Sanada was prepared for.
    Agreed on the Chitose part because they did play Shitenhouji last year, an rematch wouldn't have been out of the question, but Yuki said Sanada held these attacks at bay for a possible rematch with Tezuka

Also I don't think he invented phantom on the spot, saying something like "If it's unreturnable then i shouldn't have to" leads me to believe he had phantom for a while but it was something he never hoped to use sort of like a last resort like KaRinRai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say Tezuka, but then...
    You guys watch Tachibana make Tezuka look silly in PoT2.

Sequel = All minor characters which have a large fanbase, get a superboost in ability.

Translation? Tachibana WILL be on Tezuka's level.
    You, sir, are right.
    PopularityPower will make Tachibana stronger.

But we must also consider the RuleOfDrama. Depending on how dramatic the match is for Tezuka, Tezuka can win.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I was going to say Tezuka, but then...

You, sir, are right.
    PopularityPower will make Tachibana stronger.

But we must also consider the RuleOfDrama. Depending on how dramatic the match is for Tezuka, Tezuka can win.
    RuleOfWins >= RuleOfDrama

Tachibana
    National matches: 1
    -Lost against Chitose.

Tezuka
    National Matches: 3
    -won against Kite
    -won against Chitose
    -lost against Sanada

In the "RuleOfWins," Tachibana has much more to show us than Tezuka does, giving him the edge for improvement.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Tachibana, remember what he did against Fuji? He returned all of his counters, just like Shiraishi. Not only did he return Tsubame Gaeshi, he returned it FROM THE GROUND. Shiraishi returned it in the air, before it hit the ground. Tachibana is a perfect all rounder, just like Shiraishi.

http://image.onemanga.com/002/mangas...0000243/10.jpg
    lol@higuma otoshi
    http://image.onemanga.com/002/mangas...0244/10-11.jpg
    Err, if you watch the chapter again you will notice that Tachibanas ball hit the net and didnt go over when he tried to return the 1st Counter. Even though, Fuji said after the match was stoped that all his counters were broken now.

On a personal note, I like Shiraishis style more, because he actually thinks about how to return a special shot. Tachibana just uses brutal strength which is cool but seen too much.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavenSodan View Post

On a personal note, I like Shiraishis style more, because he actually thinks about how to return a special shot. Tachibana just uses brutal strength which is cool but seen too much.
    Its because he wastes no movements and uses common sense...the counters have been beaten before, i believe Kirihara broke Tsubame Gaeshi with the same mentality.

anyway yea he returned it with common sense...ironically Shiraishi's method of returning the counters is the same way you return fuji's counters in PoT video games, Hit Tsubame Gaeshi before it lands, smash hakuge while it's flying up, shiraishi destroyed higuma otoshi though because his smash was too powerful

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

shiraishi destroyed higuma otoshi though because his smash was too powerful
    Tachibana already did it, so it shouldn't be a shock. Not only did he do it, he put a hole in Fuji's racquet, by a simple smash.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tachibana already did it, so it shouldn't be a shock. Not only did he do it, he put a hole in Fuji's racquet, by a simple smash.
    Fuji still managed to get the ball over, Shiraishi's smash blew the racket away and the won the point

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji still managed to get the ball over, Shiraishi's smash blew the racket away and the won the point
    He won the point because Tachibana didn't care to return it and get the point for himself. Fuji didn't have another racquet, so the game ended.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He won the point because Tachibana didn't care to return it and get the point for himself. Fuji didn't have another racquet, so the game ended.
    I didn't mean Fuji won the point against Tachibana i meant Shiraishi Blew the racket away and won the point in one motion, Despite tachibana's power Fuji still managed to get the Ball over the net

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean Fuji won the point against Tachibana i meant Shiraishi Blew the racket away and won the point in one motion, Despite tachibana's power Fuji still managed to get the Ball over the net
    It was a fluke lol. Same thing with Tezuka returning Sanada's KaRinRai. Nothing but a lotto shot. Will never happen again.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast