Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Who would win in a match?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tachibana

    4 17.39%
  • Tezuka

    19 82.61%
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61

Thread: Tachibana vs Tezuka

  1. #31
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    It was a fluke lol. Same thing with Tezuka returning Sanada's KaRinRai. Nothing but a lotto shot. Will never happen again.
    Lol there are no flukes in this series i remember Sanada saying The COOL drive was a fluke...

    After Fuji hit cordballs at will BLIND during has match with Nio i stopped believing in Flukes in this series

    But anyway this is supposed to be Tezuka VS Tachibana so i guess we shouldn't discuss Fji/Shiraishi anymore
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    Lol there are no flukes in this series
    Okay so Tachibana keeps owning Fuji's racquets, and then Fuji runs out of them, so he needs to be disqualified. Tachibana wins regardless, so it is meaningless to say anything more than what the reality is.

  3. #33
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Okay so Tachibana keeps owning Fuji's racquets, and then Fuji runs out of them, so he needs to be disqualified. Tachibana wins regardless, so it is meaningless to say anything more than what the reality is.
    How is this reality? your being hypothetically biased...Fuji was just testing his mettle he isn't so much of an idiot to keep trying a Higuma Otoshi
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  4. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    How is this reality? your being hypothetically biased...Fuji was just testing his mettle he isn't so much of an idiot to keep trying a Higuma Otoshi
    I am never biased in my predictions.

  5. #35
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    Um...you are ALWAYS biased in your predictions. The mere act of prediction outside of including prophecy in the definition always includes bias.

    On a side note I want to correct a fact that I've seen posted a few times.

    Tachibana did not break all of Fuji's counters(I believe he could break all of the those three, it just didn't happen). He broke Higuma Otoshi. He failed to return Tsubame Gaeshi over the net and Fuji didn't hit Hakugei. I think this mis-quote comes from chapter 244 page 17 when Fuji says that all three counters have been broken. Fuji was saying that all have been broken in general and that they wouldn't be enough for the nationals.


    Also it's impossible to say how current Fuji vs. current Tachibana or current anybody vs current anybody would do with 100% certainty as this is a manga. So saying this situation that did not or has not happened is reality is really silly. What happened happened and we don't know what hasn't happened yet.

    Our mangaka could develop any player to be better than another merely by choice. He does not have to consult with the characters first. He invented them.

    By the way I'd vote Tezuka. 6-4 or 7-5
    Last edited by Dansan1; April 22, 2009 at 12:24 AM.

  6. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Dansan1 View Post
    Um...you are ALWAYS biased in your predictions. The mere act of prediction outside of including prophecy in the definition always includes bias.


    Tachibana did not break all of Fuji's counters(I believe he could break all of the those three, it just didn't happen). He broke Higuma Otoshi. He failed to return Tsubame Gaeshi over the net and Fuji didn't hit Hakugei. I think this mis-quote comes from chapter 244 page 17 when Fuji says that all three counters have been broken. Fuji was saying that all have been broken in general and that they wouldn't be enough for the nationals.


    Also it's impossible to say how current Fuji vs. current Tachibana or current anybody vs current anybody would do with 100% certainty as this is a manga. So saying this situation that did not or has not happened is reality is really silly. What happened happened and we don't know what hasn't happened yet.
    It isn't bias if you simply look at the facts like I do. You obviously misread my posts.

    Tachibana DID break all of Fuji's counters. That's why Fuji said it. Why? How? Simple.

    "Why didn't Fuji use Tsubame Gaeshi again, if Tachibana didn't hit it over the net?"

    Because Fuji knew it would be useless against Tachibana. It wouldn't work twice. Also, If Kirihara returned Hakugei in Kantou, Why the heck would Fuji try it on Tachibana in an unofficial match?

    Fuji knew he was defeated, and up until his match with Shiraishi, He was the same Fuji throughout the Nationals, with an added counter. Big deal. His new counter helped him a lot with Shiraishi, that's why he was almost 6-0'd.

    As you said, the timeline needs to be taken into account. The current Fuji cannot be compared to the previous Tachibana. It can only be assumed that if one character improves, so will another. That is how the series has been.

  7. #37
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    I didn't misread your posts. I am a pretty English savy guy.

    You are completely misreading my post.

    You obviously do not understand what I meant by 'bias' and 'prediction'. Perhaps you felt my use of the word 'you' was meant specifically at you and were defensive. It was not. You can switch it to the general 'everyone'. So I was saying; everyone is biased in all their predictions to a degree, period. That is the nature of prediction.

    EX.

    Fuji did not say Tachibana broke his counters, he said only stated that all of them had been broken. It reads that way in English and in Japanese. The only reason to interpret "all my counters have been broken" to "Tachibana broke all my counters" when Tachibana did not is because you think Tachibana could. We don't have any instance of Tachibana doing so, so EVERYTHING else is conjecture and hence subjective. Saying Tachibana could break/broke a technique he didn't even see is your opinion, not fact (I am in no way saying he couldn't break, I even agree with you it wouldn't have worked once!), but he did not break it because he did not have the opportunity to. That's not looking at the facts (the fact is Fuji didn't even use Hakugei) that's reading into the facts. The difference is simply looking at the data, and interpreting the data. I'm not saying interpreting the data is a bad thing, it is what we have to do to come to conclusions, but conclusions contain bias because we were the ones interpreting.

    Again I don't disagree with your conclusion, I just want us to understand your conclusion is your opinion.

    There is also no reason to assume that one character's improvement would proportionally match another(some characters have been given almost no improvements while others have had lots of focus and improvement). As I said whoever the mangaka wants or needs to win to propel his story will win. Regardless of whatever 'facts' we present the mangaka.
    Last edited by Dansan1; April 22, 2009 at 10:32 AM.

  8. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DeidaraGrimmjow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kingdom Hearts
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    Just discovered this today. Not to be rude but are you guys serious? I can't believe that this is a serious forum. Chitose would beat Tachibana. Tezuka beat Chitose and only lost one game. All the proof you need...

  9. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    Quote Originally Posted by DeidaraGrimmjow View Post
    Just discovered this today. Not to be rude but are you guys serious? I can't believe that this is a serious forum. Chitose would beat Tachibana. Tezuka beat Chitose and only lost one game. All the proof you need...
    Except Tachibana would beat Chitose. If they played seriously, we know that Tachibana would win.

    Chitose barely managed a victory when he was going all out and Tachibana wasn't trying.

  10. #40
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Hinata Fan View Post
    Except Tachibana would beat Chitose. If they played seriously, we know that Tachibana would win.

    Chitose barely managed a victory when he was going all out and Tachibana wasn't trying.
    Wasn't trying is an exaggeration, but he was definitely holding back

    When Chitose says he's having Nostalgia it's because he's remember his scrimages with Kippei and how agressive he was.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  11. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    True, it's not that he wasn't trying at all.

    But the manga clearly showed that Tachibana was the stronger of the two.

  12. #42
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Hinata Fan View Post
    True, it's not that he wasn't trying at all.

    But the manga clearly showed that Tachibana was the stronger of the two.
    Yea...but i realized....he held back because Chitose still can't see perfectly on one side didn't he? does that mean neither were at their best?

    Still 7-5 is pretty close..then again these characters break serve like nothing
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  13. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DeidaraGrimmjow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kingdom Hearts
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    Even if Tachibana could beat Chitose (which I still doubt cause' I bias), that's still a LONG way from Tezuka...

  14. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    I think Tachibana would give Tezuka a lot more difficulty, though.

    His wild and strong shots would put a lot more pressure on Hyakuren than Chitose, who was more of a technical specialist. The biggest issue he would face against Tezuka would be the Phantom.

  15. #45
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tachibana vs Tezuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Hinata Fan View Post
    I think Tachibana would give Tezuka a lot more difficulty, though.

    His wild and strong shots would put a lot more pressure on Hyakuren than Chitose, who was more of a technical specialist. The biggest issue he would face against Tezuka would be the Phantom.
    I disagree, Tezuka ate Kabajis shots and Eishiro's big bangs...leads me to believe he could handle Tachibanas aggression

    He's a perfect match up for Tezuka, Aggressive Baseliner VS Counterpuncher

    I don't think he has the Sanada fire power it would take to break tezuka zone so far no one has beaten that thing but Sanada


    Quote Quote:
    Tachibana DID break all of Fuji's counters. That's why Fuji said it. Why? How? Simple.
    But he didn't...he broke one


    Quote Quote:
    Because Fuji knew it would be useless against Tachibana. It wouldn't work twice. Also, If Kirihara returned Hakugei in Kantou, Why the heck would Fuji try it on Tachibana in an unofficial match?
    Or maybe there was no wind...(seriously)

    Quote Quote:
    Fuji knew he was defeated, and up until his match with Shiraishi, He was the same Fuji throughout the Nationals, with an added counter. Big deal. His new counter helped him a lot with Shiraishi, that's why he was almost 6-0'd.
    Throughout? he played one match prior and it was a doubles match..you can't use doubles matches to gauge a singles player

    It's obvious Fuji wasn't going all out..he lacked motivation and Shiriashi wasn't an opponent that he good just breeze by with a smile like Mizuki, and Jirou. He was down triple match point and took 6 straight games in a row afterwords
    Last edited by Atobe the king; April 22, 2009 at 09:02 PM.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts