Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to solve Kanda's puzzle...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cristina23's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trying to solve Kanda's puzzle...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeandlight View Post

kanda : rice field of God (meaning in japanese)
    Oh sorry, i didn't know this one

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OQO's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I was also thinking that Kanda could have escaped the transformation in skull in the past (and his family not!?). This would explain the "om" on his chest, which appears in the formula for the conversion human-skull (and on the sides of the Egg!!!). And his healing ability! As the immunity to the akuma virus (or his empathy for Tapp's death)!

But much remains unexplained...

The lotus flower is a real puzzle! Is inexplicable even to the world of D.Gray man... What should it be? white magic? black magic? a curse? a blessing? Who knows!

I wanna know more! Argh!!!

Many clues suggest that he might be the heart, and it would be fantastic (it's a character who appeared from the outset and his role would acquire greater significance), but ... I don't know!

The fact is that I am sure that komui, Lavi and others know of the special powers of Kanda. Some situations made me think this way, especially during the attack of the level 4. It does not seem to you?

Ok, so there really is a connection between Kanda and the egg-creates akuma ... but, why do Komui and Renee speak of tragedy and sacrifice, while, supposedly, referring to him? Kanda is alive and breathing! He does not seem even close to death! With all the times he had to die, during the manga, his special powers seem quite a blessing!

The tragedy may not refer to him, but the lines about sacrifices... yes! So why?

But we're gonna get the answers soon enough!!!
    Last edited by OQO; April 18, 2009 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Please^^ Can you give me a link of that Kanda image in the Novel? I only have the translations... T_T

Btw, the skull relation is really interesting..i didnt noticed it...and someway fits...

Quote Quote:
    6) The person he is searching... is that the one on the second cover with the mask and the white hairs?
    That person looks like the one used the magic on Kanda...it can be the one Kanda is looking for...but still, in the skull-familly theory, most probably, the person that Kanda is looking for is the one that converted into akuma his familly. The one in the cover maybe is already dead...dont know, but, his aura is a good one, not bad or creepy as the crow-akumas....i think he's somekind of Kanda ally...

Quote Quote:
    The intuition I got is about kanda being the heart,
    So your theory is: Kanda is the heart. The heart is inside him (or something) but he uses Mugen as an ilussion to disguisse it?
    Mmmm, maybe. I like the idea. (The bracelet is a good good hint!! ^^)

But, then we should put it together with the Skull-familly theory (this theory has a good base on chapter 156 --although it can be considered in a different way: i always thought Kanda was upset with Lenalee...--)

Finally: [OFF TOPIC] You know? The more i think on this series the more i'm convinced it's a great story: Hoshino's developing the plot through clues sine the very beginning, knowing perfectly were is she going! [OFF TOPIC OFF]

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ying_su View Post
    Please^^ Can you give me a link of that Kanda image in the Novel? I only have the translations... T_T
    Sure! Here it is!

At the beginning I assumed that he is the heart because this would have explained most of his misteries, but now I'm not quite sure anymore: it would be to much complicated! Being the heart and half-monster (or whatever)... hum, there are a lot of ambiguous hints...

OTTY: Yes, I think that this is a wonderfull manga too. The best I'm reading currently! Hoshino is great and I hope D.Gray man is gonna last long!
    Last edited by OQO; April 20, 2009 at 01:14 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much!!! ^ ^
    Then for sure (oups, we already has a confirmation of this in the manga^^) Kanda is related with Skulls...but there are many ways of being related:
    -By familly
    -By agression
    -Being half-akuma
    Nyah! This is really interesting!!!!!!! XD
    Btw, why another hiatus again!!!! T_T

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoshino is going on hiatus , and we're gonna be leaved in the dark for who knows how much long... but we have new stuff over which we can fall ill!

Now, what exactly is Kanda? Even if it is useless, because Hoshino is gonna surprise us more, we can make our assumptions none the less!

So, what you think?

The last assumption I read is about him been molded with innocence!!! (quite intriguing!) Otherwise, how would he have been able to use it? He would have been one of the fallen ones, but he's not!

(God, please, do not let him be made out of plastic...it would be so disappointing: just as console myself with a vibrator )
    Last edited by OQO; April 22, 2009 at 11:22 AM.

"Woooohooo! What a wonderful SIMMETRIA!!" ... Death the Kid(do)

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

They say human creation, not android/machine creations!

I think he's definetely human! But maybe he has no mum or dad^^ He was created in order to be compatible with innocence.
    Of course that should annoy greatly god so, then a disaster happened, that's my theory.
    Maybe he should have die in that moment, but was saved...by Zuu? It's the flower related with this?
    The flower is a mistery, apparently only he can see it...an ilussion...and there were many of them too...and Kande liked to see then when he was little...

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like this android thing at all. I think(I hope) Kanda is human... or at least half human or has something human in him, anything that can contain a soul and has it's own will and feeling.

The flower is a mistery, apparently only he can see it
    really? no one can see this lotus in the glass? I don't remember that, or do you think so because of what this (Zuu?) dude said in the spoiler?
    Last edited by shinobi; April 22, 2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I said it because of the spoiler.

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Kanda uses innocence that is sure. Innocence is just with a compatibile person can be used. Remember those experiments when they tried tu put innocence in someone not compatible....that was a failure. Now how's that a human-made creature use something like this? And we know that some/all(?) Innocence's has a proper self-consciousness.
    I have a strange theory...Kanda is a pure innocence, get by the orders experiment's in human form.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I said it because of the spoiler.
    I see. Perhaps you're right, but, Mugen also means 6 illusions(also infinity), and there are the 1st illusion, 2nd illusion, 3rd illusion, and still Mugan can be seen and touched by other people, which seems too real for an illusion! if so, perhaps that goes for the flower as well and even though it's an illusion people still can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by cristina23 View Post
    I have a strange theory...Kanda is a pure innocence, get by the orders experiment's in human form.
    I like you're theory! though looks like the innocence didn't like it cause it must be punishing Kanda somehow if everyone thinks of him as a sacrifice
    Last edited by shinobi; April 22, 2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Re: Trying to solve Kanda's puzzle...

Quote Originally Posted by cristina23 View Post
    Kanda is a pure innocence, get by the orders experiment's in human form.
    Would be great!!

Mugen is not an illusion, but the flower could be. Why not? Is to understand it's meaning (easy task, hahaha... )!

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    if so, perhaps that goes for the flower as well and even though it's an illusion people still can see it.
    Yep. You're right! I think too, now, that my interpretation is too risky^^

Quote Quote:
    Kanda is a pure innocence, get by the orders experiment's in human form.
    Ohh~ ¬_¬
    I think Kanda is a human, an human made in china by humans to be compatible. That's different from the first experiments, when they tried to force the compatibility of exorcists relatives with innocence. <---It must have been something like genetic modification but in c19, i.e., different scientific methods.

Maybe the link between Kanda and the innocence is that flower (the compatibility can be another ilussion...@_@) when all the petals fall (like in the beauty and beast) he wont be an exorcist anymore....
    Last edited by ying_su; April 22, 2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Maybe the link between Kanda and the innocence is that flower (the compatibility can be another ilussion...@_@) when all the petals fall (like in the beauty and beast) he wont be an exorcist anymore....
    I think when the petals fall he will die, that could be the side effect of the experiment. Now what is sacrifice if not this....an innocence will desappeare in to nothing, just like when a Noah destroyes one

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there must be something, a prize to all this, or it would be just a miracle!

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast