Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Trying to solve Kanda's puzzle...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trying to solve Kanda's puzzle...

Im not saying that it is so that the one he seeks is the 14th but i havnt seen anyone else exept him or the younger mana perhaps? that might have white hair in noah form.
    On the cover of the 2nd volume the person next to Kanda isnt just someone it must be the 14th.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I'm not too sure about the original fourteenth having white hair because in chapter 187, he seemed to have brown (or some other dark shade) hair.

Haha, but other than that, I think it's quite probable that the fourteenth is the one Kanda is looking for. You've kind of convinced me (and I think it would be too complicated if they added someone new into the equation.... unless the person is that person who went to the Order for protection because he was afraid that the Earl would kill him?).

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats the only other alternative, unless its Mana Walker. The motives of the 14th leaving/betraying the earl are in the dark so its hard to tell what it all has to do with Mana. Also who took who along. It would be wreckless to take along a normal human if your hunted down by the earl and his henchmen.
    Comming back to Kanda the person hes seeking has to be the one that understands him/his powers/his creation. It cant be anyone from central or any branch.
    Looking at how central is using Akuma-humans i dont see how they would have any problem making more Kandas so what went wrong or what went lost.
    It seems to me the new akuma egg parts were a blessing to the central and they were pretty fast in making it into weapons.
    Perhaps the 14th lended himself and his knowledge to help out the Order. How else would he have met Cross in the first place. They seem to know eachother well. Also they knew about the noah way longer then they let anyone know. A secret that cost the lives of 7 exorcists already that were not prepared to face 1.
    Kanda uses innocence yet hes a 2nd exorcist. So hes not a chosen host. In the anime (i know not canon) the lvl2 akuma in Martel called him a dead man walking. Its just a too big a puzzle with so many pieces missing and unanswered questions that its impossible to solve.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, but if the fourteenth lent out his power and knowledge to the Order, it would probably have been through Cross? Since it appears that the people in the Science Department didn't know about the existence of the fourteenth and Komui is the only one other than the exorcists and higher-ups in the Order who knows about it now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, but it doesn't seem like Cross helped the order with anything about his knowledge that he got from 14th, only that he carried out hiss duties as a General exorcist (kinda lolz!!)... he didn't teach them his magic or how to modify akuma or tell them a thing about 14th!!
    now if something went really wrong during the second exorcist (Kanda) experiment that they felt the essence to stop it all, I wonder if the 3rd exorcist people feel the same way that they're sacrifices to win this war, even so they look happy about it!! maybe the sacrifice that kanda had to do and this that the 3rds have to do are two different things, I guess kanda had to pay even more since he seems to have powers that the 3rds don't have!!

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet Tiedoll knew this ability all that time. And about the sacrifice well everyone exept the 2nd and 3rd are talking about it Kanda is ok with it as well as shown when Bak is apologizing.
    So its not that the determination is any different just the ethics involved. In order to save humans can you sacrifice humans?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

yup Tiedoll new it all along, and I bet it's not only him and that others (Bookman and Allen included I guess) knew about Cross' abilities too.. I just meant that Cross didn't bother to teach any of them how to modify akuma themselves or how to use the weird magic that they know Marian can use!!

I don't think that Kanda is really ok with what happened to him even if he pretended to be indifferent about the whole thing, he's only living with it, probably coz he has no other choice anyway and he still has a motive that drives him to continue... now he told Bak that he doesn't care about what the order is doing by sacrificing humans to save humans and creating the 3rds, but who knows? I think the 3rds knew from what happened previously that there's a risk and agreed to do it anyway, but as for Kanda I think that didn't even know that he had to pay something in return (let me put it this way for now coz I can't think of anything else lolz!!) or else Bak wont be apologizing to him that much...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well its not that Kanda is sobbing over it but he keeps going and who knows whats the full extend of his feelings cause he never shows.
    As for the 2nd or 3rd exorcists. Isnt it odd that the newcomers the 3rd know a lot about Kanda prior to anything said. Like when Allen mentioned the healing ability the 3rds said they wished they had his powers.
    So they worship Kanda and perhaps they studied him before gaining the powers they have so they understand how it all functions. Allen and the other 1st exorcists were just new told cause its a secret project.
    Striking that these newcomers know so much so perhaps thats why the earl wants to take them out since they might know what akuma realy are. And also to make sure they cant make more.
    Its not like he fears them right now but everyone has seen what a lvl4 could do.
    Cross beats Tyki 2 hands down while taking out the lvl4 took Allen Lenalee and Cross. And it wasnt easy. So what if these 3rd exorcists kept evolving it might prove dangerous so perhaps thats why they take out Kanda the Alma Karma and all 3rd in 1 big blow.

So i guess that Kanda might be very much present in the next chapter both his past and whats happing in the present i hope will be revealed
    Last edited by ca12nag3; September 30, 2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tick's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if Kanda has something to do with the 14th, but now i remember this guy:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/d_gray_man/c048/13.html

well, if I remember, that scene is from the time the second exorcists project, so, what if he is the white haired guy form the 2nd volume cover? Nobody knows what really happened to him (probably dead, but there's no clues) so maybe, he is "that person" that Kanda its searching (dunno, its just an idea)

The Advent of Despair...
    Black Carnival

http://gustavosnovaes.deviantart.com/

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I think that the boy died after he became a Fallen.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes he became fallen. So the guy on the cover next to Kanda on volume 2 still unacounted for.
    Its a few possibilities tho, could be the 14th, Mana or a new character. But still its clearly a person with a mast and white hair so who knows...

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8