Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1662

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

riki: Thanks! Will watch the PV when I can.

Loved the interview! I find it very amusing that Ao no Exorcist came out of Kazue's desperate attempt to meet a deadline. The manga didn't come from "divine inspiration" as most mangakas brag, but from her attempt to appeal to a different demographic! She's also very to the point - it's just a manga about "the growth of a boy who was born between Satan and a human."

That's precisely why I like it - a very simple story with Kazue's remarkable artistry and story embellishments.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

guys guess what in one scene of the new PV rin had his pointy ears again!!!YAY!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I was rereading AnE today, and I realised that Tatsuma's letter to Rin is still incomplete in chapter 23. Up till the end of that chapter, we were interrupted halfway by Yukio's shock at realising that Tatsuma and Shirou knew each other, as well as having the scene change to that of Tatsuma visiting the temple in present time. This makes me wonder what else was in the letter. Perhaps, about how and why they decided to keep Rin alive, and also about how they collaborated with Mephisto to concoct a plan to beat Satan for once and for all? Or, (although this is highly impossible) we'll see the "secret(s?)" that has/have been kept by the Most High Priest of the Myou Dha?

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my God, that preview was AWESOME!

And yes, they did make Rin have the long ears and sharp teeth! I'm happy again!~ But crap, Satan was SCARY. Freaky freaky FREAKY!

addenza: Indeed. That's the confusing part. There are the Temple's secrets that have been passed down (about slaying the Impure King I think) and then Tatsuma's secrets (why the Koumaken seals Rin's powers). Do they intersect? Kurikara might have a special ability already connected with Satan so it was the only sword to seal Rin's power. They could be simply unrelated too.

It all falls back to why Kurikara? I don't think we'll get the answers on Rin's birth yet (I think Shiro and Mephisto made the decision, I wonder if Tatsuma just provided the sword), but I think Kurikara is the turning point.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone checked out the English version of the anime site?

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

6. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    addenza: Indeed. That's the confusing part. There are the Temple's secrets that have been passed down (about slaying the Impure King I think) and then Tatsuma's secrets (why the Koumaken seals Rin's powers). Do they intersect? Kurikara might have a special ability already connected with Satan so it was the only sword to seal Rin's power. They could be simply unrelated too.

It all falls back to why Kurikara? I don't think we'll get the answers on Rin's birth yet (I think Shiro and Mephisto made the decision, I wonder if Tatsuma just provided the sword), but I think Kurikara is the turning point.
    Perhaps Kurikara once housed the power of the King of Impure? Or rather, it was once the King of Impure's sword and is capable of housing a huge power? Tatsuma might have provided the sword after an extensive discussion with Mephisto and Shiro about what to do with Rin when they found out that Satan had fathered a son (well, two actually, but Rin is the only one with the inherited power right now). Otherwise, I'd say that Shiro had just grabbed the sword and ran away with it.

RAW Providers 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finestela's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's probably all connected. The fact is, Tatsuma's wife and dad were both infected by the plague. There might've been some kind of deal between Shirou and Tatsuma, which allowed Shirou to "borrow" the sword while helping them seal the right eye properly.

However, the deal pissed off Satan and lead to the Blue Night that killed many at Myouda.

These are what my guesses are regarding the events.
    "Ask... And you might receive..."
    The Finestela Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dbgohan08's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Which broadcast are they simulcasting because this starts on the 17th not the 20th? is there a difference like censored and uncensored??

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link, riki! So Kamiki is a shrine maiden? And what dark past Shiemi had, do they mean her grandmother?

Quote Originally Posted by addenza View Post
    Perhaps Kurikara once housed the power of the King of Impure?
    King of Impure like in King of Earth, one of the eight powerful demons? I thought he wasn't that important?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Yeah, I think they were talking about Shiemi's grandmother when they talked about her "dark past".

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

anime comes out in 6 days!
    im so excited! *o*
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    King of Impure like in King of Earth, one of the eight powerful demons? I thought he wasn't that important?
    Well, he's not supposed to be that important, but I was just making a wild guess. Hehheh. >"<

RAW Providers 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finestela's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not one of the 8 demon lords. Also, the way his title is written is different from the demon lords. It's actually "Impure King", not "King of Impure".

He was simply a powerful demon who spread plagues and killed a lot of people before being put down.
    "Ask... And you might receive..."
    The Finestela Thread

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

on the english version of the site, they have some info on Coal Tar (Kohtal) and a colored picture.... they are so darn cute!! >.<!! their expressions are all like O^O? so darn cute!! ah, but the other demon....Hobgoblin.... is that the pet that Amaimon has, or is his pet a bit different? I think they are different but they look very similar to me.... at least, the uncolored versions >.>''

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ha! fujimoto's seijuu's last name also begins with "fuji"
    shiro fujimoto > Keiji Fujiwara xD

...im not contributing anything to this conversation xD
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

Thread Closed
Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast