Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 102 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1662

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

The synopsis for episode 1 is up and the blog has been updated.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by l3gitimat3 View Post
    ha! fujimoto's seijuu's last name also begins with "fuji"
    shiro fujimoto > Keiji Fujiwara xD

...im not contributing anything to this conversation xD
    Random fact is random
    Which reminds me, does 'Okumura' mean something? Because there's a guy in 'Psyren' with the same name and he's into occult too... in a different way though (and much less handsome than Rin and Yukio)
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/psyren/v01/c001/26.html
    Last edited by Kryanka; April 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    The synopsis for episode 1
    can someone please translate this? vvvv
    修道院で暮らす15歳の少年・奥村燐は、双子の弟・雪男が名門高校・正十字学園への進学を決める一方、進路が決まらない自分に焦りを募らせていた。養父・獅郎に送り出されてバイトの面接に向かった燐は、店内で暴れる悪魔の姿を発見!騒動を起こしてしまう。

そんな中、落ち込む燐のもとに、喧嘩相手・白鳥が仕返しに訪れる。 悪魔のような形相で襲い掛かる白鳥の脅威に、燐は…!!

脚本:山口亮太 
    絵コンテ:岡村天斎 
    演出:岡村天斎 
    作画監督:佐々木啓悟/千葉崇洋
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mysterious_Kaitou's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought the Color Archive ~Animation and Comic Visual Guide~ on Sunday. Could only take cam raws with phone since the camera in my house was spoiled and I don't have a lot of computer + scanner access. Therefore there will be no photos of anything with text such as interviews.

Not going to put anything in a spoiler tag because it uh, seems like a waste to do so plus post this took me 1.5 hours to write.;A;

1-2: Cover and inner cover.
    3: Stickers that only comes with first-press edition, so buy the first-press edition if you can! On a closer look at the round thingies, I only realised that they were actually crests or logos for characters. Katou-sensei never fails to amaze.
    4: Postcard sticker. IDK whether it's first-press only.
    5: A postcard.

Spoiler: large image of crests show

I tried my best photoshopping the crests but I don't think it looks too good orz. I swear it looks way better on the actual book. Anyway, these crests are for Rin, Yukio, Mephisto, Ryuuji and Shiemi.
    -Rin's crest consists of blue flames and Kurikara in the middle plus his name in kanji. -
    -Yukio's crest consists of two guns with a scale and a test tube in the middle plus the kanji for Yuki. IDK what are those on the side. I can only assume they look like smoke produced with shooting guns or uh, flames.
    -IDEK about Mephisto's crest.
    -Nothing to say about Ryuuji's crest other than the kanji for Ryuu in the middle.
    -Shiemi's crest is well, full of flowers and the hiragana for Shi is in the middle since her first name does not have kanji.

Anime side:

1: I never seen this illustration anywhere and it doesn't seem to be published anywhere else, so here it is. The other illustrations are magazine illustrations which can be found on chan_chanz @ LiveJournal.
    2: Original anime characters sketches...which refuses to rotate on ImageShack.

1: Okamoto Nobuhiko and Fukuyama Jun (Rin and Yukio) special talk photos. My handphone can't take the interview, but I can tell you with my limited Japanese knowledge that Okamoto-san keeps saying that Fukuyama-san and Yukio might be/surely is S (sadistic lol). My brain is obviously in the gutter if this is the only thing that I can read properly. *facepalm*

1-3: Photos from Hanazawa Kana's (Shiemi) interview
    4-5: Photos from Kamiya Hiroshi's (Mephisto) interview. Stupid ImageShack for refusing to rotate the first photo
    6-8: Photos from Fujiwara Keiji's (Shiro) interview
    9-10: Main cast + OP & ED artist comment

1-3: Rough sketches by Kazue-sensei in her interview. LOL at how Yukio was supposed to have straighter hair in 2.

There are more things such as character profiles, but I think profiles have been shared here, before, right? Nonetheless it's mentioned in Shura's profile that her boobs are of the F-cup type. I read all the wrong things IDEK.

Finally I'm done with this post. Hope you like what you see here and buy the book for more awesomeness (:

spoiler tagged the big image ^^ ~saladesu
    Last edited by saladesu; April 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM.

BEST PANTY & STOCKING PARODY EVER

6. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Queenofmuffins's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Two more days till the anime!!~~~

Come by and ask me questions!
    ~Ask me thread~

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

kaitou: Wow! The color book was more interesting than I expected!

Mephisto's seal is a clock with a design on it, with hourglasses on the side, mismatched shoes, and a pink polka dot scarf

Yeah, Yukio's hair over time has been getting less straight - think it was so she could play that joke in chapter 8. Most interesting thing is the original character sketches. Looks like there were three additional characters (a girl and twins) but no Takara. It seems like Mephisto was always one she wanted to draw.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

RAW Providers 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finestela's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious_Kaitou View Post
    1: I never seen this illustration anywhere and it doesn't seem to be published anywhere else, so here it is. The other illustrations are magazine illustrations which can be found on chan_chanz @ LiveJournal.
    They would usually tell you near the end of the book, on whether an illustration appeared somewhere else before, or newly/specially drawn for the book (the term used would be 描き下ろし).

Animation illustrations often appear in some of the various magazines that does articles on the latest series. These are not always available for oversea readers since not many people scan these.
    "Ask... And you might receive..."
    The Finestela Thread

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

For all your anime fangirling/fanboying needs - Ao no Exorcist Anime Thread

The color book looks really interesting, Kaitou, thanks for sharing~! Interesting to see the additional character designs. Perhaps they are characters who will appear later on. After reading Bakuman, I appreciate looking at names (as in the drafts drawn before a manuscript) a lot more. It would be nice to compare them to the real thing and see what Katou changed in going from name to the real deal

11. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post!

Ah, but i'm kind worried.... there don't seem to be any pictures of Amaimon... was he cut from the anime?

Oh but the Kohtal are SO CUTE~!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

takara is in those original sketches, or at least he sort of is. his puppets are there, but with the skirt and pigtails it looks like his character first started out as a girl xD

u know? i have been thinking. in the last pannel of this page, Satan is talking about rin's mother. however, after rereading this for the upteenth time, i dont think he is talking about her in a "its-a-dumb-weak-human-whom-i-look-down-upon" kinda thing. when he says that his body (shiro's) was doomed to destruction, he also says that rin's mother was also doomed to destruction. almost regretful?
    maybe it wasnt demon possession rape after all? maybe rin's mother was a satanist? xD
    Last edited by l3gitimat3; April 16, 2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    Ah, but i'm kind worried.... there don't seem to be any pictures of Amaimon... was he cut from the anime?
    Nope, he's listed on the site as being voiced by Kakihara Tetsuya, meaning he's definitely going to be appearing Maybe they just don't think he's important enough to warrant pictures before the anime has even aired... *shrugs*

RAW Providers 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finestela's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by l3gitimat3 View Post
    u know? i have been thinking. in the last pannel of this page, Satan is talking about rin's mother. however, after rereading this for the upteenth time, i dont think he is talking about her in a "its-a-dumb-weak-human-whom-i-look-down-upon" kinda thing. when he says that his body (shiro's) was doomed to destruction, he also says that rin's mother was also doomed to destruction. almost regretful?
    maybe it wasnt demon possession rape after all? maybe rin's mother was a satanist? xD
    I thought it was said somewhere, that there was a female exorcist with the last name Okumura... It's was kind of hinting that's Rin and Yukio's mom.

Let me try to find it...
    "Ask... And you might receive..."
    The Finestela Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mysterious_Kaitou's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finestela View Post
    They would usually tell you near the end of the book, on whether an illustration appeared somewhere else before, or newly/specially drawn for the book (the term used would be 描き下ろし).

Animation illustrations often appear in some of the various magazines that does articles on the latest series. These are not always available for oversea readers since not many people scan these.
    Every illustration states where it's from at the corner except for this particular one. chan_chanz @ LJ has kindly scanned all the Ao no Exorcist articles so I'm quite sure I never seen this one before...

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    Thanks for the post!

Oh but the Kohtal are SO CUTE~!
    There are anime character sketches of Amaimon in this book just that I never took photos of them, so don't worry about him not appearing in the anime.
    Last edited by Mysterious_Kaitou; April 16, 2011 at 08:25 AM.

BEST PANTY & STOCKING PARODY EVER

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Nope, he's listed on the site as being voiced by Kakihara Tetsuya, meaning he's definitely going to be appearing Maybe they just don't think he's important enough to warrant pictures before the anime has even aired... *shrugs*
    he doesnt come into the, like, 10th or so chapter. maybe there are a lot of episodes before his entrance so they didnt want to show him yet?
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The first volume is #3 on The New York Times Manga List

19. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 102 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast