Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1662

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

huh. i never really thought about the blade being cracked but that seems interesting. what if the sword was cracked? would rin start to loose it, or would he be okay for the moment? i'd like to see everyone's reaction to the cracking of the sword.
    as for rin, what would happen to him? like, would half of his flames be released or all? plus, who is powerful enough to crack his sword anyways? i'd suspect one of the kings would be powerful enough, but satan's powerful enough too.

and if mephisto is duping the demons, who's to say he's not duping the order too? i wonder what exactly mephisto's plan really is, and how rin is involved :/
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finestela View Post
    Uhh... I'm guessing Sala translated that part?

Garuda and Karura are the exact same thing, just that the former is from Sanskrit and the later is derived from Pali. The "Karura-ou" in Japanese Buddhism is simply a reorganization of various mythical beings done by various monks when translating the scriptures into Japanese. You can't even say Karura is based on Garuda because when comparing Buddhist sects that do and don't use the same categorization (8 guardians vs 28 guardians), they are referenced from the exact same scriptures.
    I have little knowledge in this sort of things... I took it entirely from the wikipedia entry on Karura

By the way, the reason why Karura was used and not Garuda is because the katakana states it is read as "Karura" Just in case anyone was wondering.

Also, Mephisto is imo the big bad guy. I wouldn't be surprised all all if he was duping both sides for his own motives. The question is what those motives are

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Blackie's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

His motives ? Defeat Satan, of course. Like 99% of the staff.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that would probably be one part of a much bigger picture. From the kind of things Katou-sensei has shown us so far, I think she wouldn't be the type to give a character/main villain so straightforward and ordinary motive like "defeat satan" It's probably something much bigger and more sinister than that. At least... I hope so. Would be so cliche otherwise

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Blackie's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope so too, I was just joking ^^ But, still can't think of anything else... Fortunately, Kazue had already shown us that she have a a good imagination.
    Can't wait to be dazzled once again by her inventiveness

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's "defeat satan" and "take his place"

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good points all of yer, sala, anya, and blackie! I agree, Mephisto's seems to be playing both sides against the middle.

I think Mephisto wants Satan's position most of all. He isn't powerful enough to get it on his own. But he now has a powerful tool to take out Satan - Rin. Mephisto's current goal is to see that Rin grows to his full potential. He wouldn't be upset if Rin got killed too early, but it would be a nuisance. As long as Rin keeps to his goal to destroy Satan, Mephisto would keep him alive.

Why does he want power? I dunno. Maybe it's a demon thing. Maybe Mephisto has some other reason for what he's doing. Certainly Satan and Amaimon don't think so.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Mephisto is a confusing character. He's clearly aligned with Satan, based on his conversations with Amaimon, but he is clearly on the Exorcists' side as well. He's probably trying to benefit from both of the sides, so I'm on the "he's in it for himself" team.

RAW Providers 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finestela's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I have little knowledge in this sort of things... I took it entirely from the wikipedia entry on Karura

By the way, the reason why Karura was used and not Garuda is because the katakana states it is read as "Karura" Just in case anyone was wondering.
    And Karura is the transliteration of both the Chinese and the Pali name of the exact same entity, commonly known as "Garuda" in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    Mephisto is a confusing character. He's clearly aligned with Satan, based on his conversations with Amaimon, but he is clearly on the Exorcists' side as well. He's probably trying to benefit from both of the sides, so I'm on the "he's in it for himself" team.
    He's not so much aligned with Satan, as rather Satan agrees with his proposal. That's the conversation between him and Amaimon were about.
    Last edited by Finestela; May 03, 2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Ask... And you might receive..."
    The Finestela Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    for some reason i feel like kurikara is going to start cracking before it breaks completely and its going to cause some worry for the characters before the final break.
    and i want to get to know some of these other half-demons that are also exorcists.do you guys think they have a seperate school for them to learn to control their powers or do they do the same thing as rin is?
    oh and i just got the first volume of ANE and its amazing!!!although i do prefer quenn's and saladesu's trans more.
    and welcome to the ANE forum blackie and bexxx!
    I totally agree with you here! I thought that there may be a crack before any sign of any break and that would cause some new changes and developments for rin but also lots of worry for everyone else and maybe rin will have a freak-out at the thought of what he'll become if kurikara is destroyed totally! It'll make a really good storyline anyways.
    Oh I just bought the first volume too! Haha i got the japanese version to stare at the pictures a week before i found out it was being serialized XD and then immediately got it!
    Oh thanx for the welcome too candy ^_^ I kept meaning to do some good ane chattin but never had time (i still don't have it but procrastination is my fuel XD)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dct21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

just caught up with the manga after watchin the anime, and this series is awesome. to bad its a monthly manga though

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah. but if the series was weekly i dont think there would be as much quality in the actual story. the plot probably wouldnt be as good or well thought out either.

im thankful for the quality of AnE, but waiting a whole month (2 for the next issue) seriously kills me QAQ
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Razeus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread

I'm glad to see that Ao No has its own sub forum so lets celebrate that and also do anyone here have a Ao No exorcist wallpaper if so post yours.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! AnE got its own subforum. ^^

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooo I like that Idea about looking for a wallpaper. I'll go see if Mr. Death at JAC has any of the double page spread PSDs without text for you all XD

(Btw, just to let you know, until we get an official Mod, I'll be the mod/global assigned to look over AnE XD)

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast