Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 22 of 111 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

The manga-ka wrote an entry about the vomic news and gave some details.

I believe it confirmed the seiyuus for Rin and Shirou that Queen wrote earlier.
    Last edited by riki; June 01, 2010 at 11:55 AM.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    candy: True, true. I think that when a demon possesses something in Assiah, they appear as the object with characteristics of the Gehenna demon. Like Kotahl and Satan. Rin was born into Assiah but inherited the 'flames', so I think that whether he's in Assiah or Gehenna, he looks the same because he isn't quite a demon possessing a human. He has one body and it's in Assiah. Thus his original demon form (when Kurikara is drawn) is his true demon form.

Make another account! There are few fans of ANE, so they need every scrap they can get! I might do one if I have time, but I'm not a good artist.
    good point!!!i guess that's true about his original demon form and if thats the case it leaves me wondering what Amaimon and Mephisto's true form look like!and maybe i will make another account...anybody who isn't a fan of ANE has no life! lol

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked Kazue's blog, she also has posted some extra art on it! Latest was Yukio - really nice, because Yukio has definitely been out of the picture for a short while (and throwing a fit about it too). I also was pondering the title bar pic - I wonder if that's what Rin's eyes look like when he goes into bonkers mode... Hmmm... Probably not. XD

candy: Indeed. I wonder about Amaimon and Mephisto because they're different cases in some way.

Just I think that a lot of people don't know that this series exists. I mean, it feels like you, I, and the scanlator team are all those that are interested in ANE.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the not many people know about AnE thing. It's a fairly new series, and most new series don't start to become popular until they get Anime adaptions.

The manga sales in Japan are pretty sturdy for a new series though. And it being in the same magazine as D.Gray-man, an extremely similar series, will probably help to boost its popularity.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Absurd idea from watching Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey in the segment where they're sent down to hell - Bon and Rin's Bogus Journey. With Mephisto as Death (somehow I can imagine him soloing on a double bass) and Satan as himself.

DGM isn't really similar to ANE. Both have the concept of organized exorcists, but the definition of the demons they destroy and how they do it are totally different. Plus, the casts are very different. There are no overachievers persay in DGM, though Kamiki is a like a smarter female version of Kanda.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked Kazue's blog, she also has posted some extra art on it! Latest was Yukio - really nice, because Yukio has definitely been out of the picture for a short while (and throwing a fit about it too). I also was pondering the title bar pic - I wonder if that's what Rin's eyes look like when he goes into bonkers mode... Hmmm... Probably not. XD

candy: Indeed. I wonder about Amaimon and Mephisto because they're different cases in some way.

Just I think that a lot of people don't know that this series exists. I mean, it feels like you, I, and the scanlator team are all those that are interested in ANE.
    i think rin's eyes just look like that whenever he draws his sword...if amaimon and mephisto both have true demon forms i wonder what they look like. considering they are full demons i wonder if they would look like satan and if thats the case then i think they might resemble the demon that was at the beginning of chapter 1. that picture that has rin with his sword and it says illuminating the darkness with the blue flames he bears. on that page you see shirou and a demon next to him which might be satan. and i think that anybody who reads this manga just loves it, just like you said its not well known to everybody who doesn't get the original copy of jump square. but in japan i think its very popular or else it wouldn't have gotten a vomic for it so quickly.

Absurd idea from watching Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey in the segment where they're sent down to hell - Bon and Rin's Bogus Journey. With Mephisto as Death (somehow I can imagine him soloing on a double bass) and Satan as himself.

DGM isn't really similar to ANE. Both have the concept of organized exorcists, but the definition of the demons they destroy and how they do it are totally different. Plus, the casts are very different. There are no overachievers persay in DGM, though Kamiki is a like a smarter female version of Kanda.
    i don't think ANE and DGM are similar at all. both in storyline and characters. plus i started reading DGM and it didn't hold my interest like ANE. after reading the first chapter of ANE i was immediately hooked, but when i read DGM it lost my interest after like the tenth chapter.
    Last edited by candy; June 01, 2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I follow this series but interestingly enough looking at the demographics of people who read this... ANE has freakishly strong appeal to the female crowd

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    I follow this series but interestingly enough looking at the demographics of people who read this... ANE has freakishly strong appeal to the female crowd
    hmmm....i don't think so. i think females and males both read this manga...its just that woman talk more about things than guys!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I personally blame Rin's fluffy tail.

I agree, though I think it has a much more balanced demographic than, say, DGM or Pandora Hearts. Only way it appeals to the girls a little more is (I guess) the male character designs. Other than that, the themes and style are much more consistent with appealing to all demographics (and even a bit more to the male side because of the themes of revenge and "grow up and be a man for cryin' out loud".)

Will edit later to respond to candy. My university housing app awaits me~

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! But I think that one bad thing about it is the art - where even teenagers like Shiemi and Kamiki have boobs too big for them. :X

Yep. I personally blame Rin's fluffy tail.
    I seriously think there should be a 'Like' button here. I want to like this.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member tenebrae's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is around even just alot of peopel like myself dont make very many posts to show that they read it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My university housing app awaits me~
    have fun! also does ANE art contest just have to be related to ANE?

Quote Originally Posted by tenebrae View Post
    I think it is around even just alot of peopel like myself dont make very many posts to show that they read it.
    so your saying even though you don't post you still enjoy reading ANE?
    YAY!!!
    Last edited by candy; June 02, 2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Possible spoiler for Ch. 15

Spoiler show
    Last edited by riki; June 03, 2010 at 02:59 PM.

15. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if I were to try and interpret from multiple online translators, the spoiler says that Yukio explains to the other students what Rin really is. But I don't trust that. Either way, it's looking interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by addenza View Post
    Yes! But I think that one bad thing about it is the art - where even teenagers like Shiemi and Kamiki have boobs too big for them. :X
    Really? Most are fairly normal, except Shura's which are exceptionally large. I tend not to notice (I kinda have large breasts for my age though I am also fat.)

candy: Especially in dealing with a financially-challenged university that has a deep undying hatred for summer students.

The theme for the contest is "When I grow up, I wanna be an Exorcist." Just interpret the theme however you'd like.

Anyhow, in response to earlier post: No, I meant Rin's right eye with white instead of black. But oh well. Awesome nonetheless. I agree on that the demon on chapter 1's cover in probably Satan. The same demon is on chapter 12's cover, btw.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

hey everyone. i've been actually been wanting to read this manga for awhile now but saw that it had little chapters out so i decided to wait awhile. But now i don't think i can wait any longer lol By the looks of it many people here seem to enjoy this manga. I would just like to know is ANE serialized in a monthly manga? I will still read it if it is but some of my fave manga are monthly and the wait kills me(fma, soul eater- although fma is ending)

Oh and i heard ppl saying this was like d gray man. Is that true. I could actualy never really get into that series for some reason. I'm an action girl lol and for some reason d gray man just felt like one of those series that relied on appeal to fangirls. Sorry if that offended anyone
    Fave Manga:
    20th Century Boys, Alive:The Final Evolution, Bokurano, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, Reborn,
    Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, Zetman.

Thread Closed
Page 22 of 111 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast