Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Chibi_Fluffy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

I wonder.... if Yukio does withstand Satan's power, maybe he might end up spying on Rin, or send another demon to do it by taking Yukio's place... ?

I do not really see why he would try to get close to Rin if he gave is "OK" for Mephisto to take care of him :/
    I'm Fluffly, and you ?

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, i just read up through the scanlations(chapter 15) and what a great surprise this series turned out to be.

It's like D. Greyman if the plot actually made sense. Consider me hooked.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is nothing like D. Gray-man, and if you think that has plot holes check out Bleach... *readies flame war* Oh noes, I think I hear a mod coming *puts away flames and grabs flower petal basket to strew in Her Muffinesses path*

Pay no mind to the comment above... Brain cells departed on the train earlier. I have 3/4 of this homework left... and my mind feels like cottage cheese from little food and too much RuroKen soundtrack which makes me get weepy.

I really REALLY hope Yukio doesn't get possessed. I think once someone gets completely possessed, it's either all over or just maybe an exorcist can drive out the demon. So for instance, there was no way out for Shiro and looks to be no way out for Toudo (gods, the only reason I remember that name is "Toudo, we're not in Kyoto anymore!"). A strength of will tends to drive away demons before they possess, so I don't think Yukio at this point is susceptible.

I think the point of chapters 15 and 16 were overall to shock Yukio into realizing his introverted seething and childish beliefs would cause him to eventually fall to a demon's temptations and thus be possessed. Chapter 15 was Shura warning him and he didn't truly realize it, but then chapter 16 was the kick to his pansy, with someone very similar to himself gloating about those childish feelings. He got over it by figuratively slapping himself and pulling himself together to save the kid. But afterwards, he felt better with himself, feeling as he had resolved himself much more.

Thus I believe that the recent chapters are more providing Yukio an advantage in dealing with Toudo (methinks they'll have some fight again, and Yukio'll try to save him).

I wonder if Yukio has some resistance to possession in the first place, though... Given he's Rin's sib and he's lived with him for years, besides the protection of Shiro I wonder how he was unposessed knowing he was an incredibly anxious child.

Oh, I typed this earlier but was at work:

Spoiler show
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Queenofmuffins's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    This is nothing like D. Gray-man, and if you think that has plot holes check out Bleach... *readies flame war* Oh noes, I think I hear a mod coming *puts away flames and grabs flower petal basket to strew in Her Muffinesses path*
    While I appreciate the flowers I'm not a mod here so I can't really do anything but mah evil stare.

About the Yukio-being-possessed thing... it seems to happen a lot in exorcising manga; one of the main character's friends/family gets possessed.

Still, I've mainly been wondering what did they mean by Yukio being too weak and being rejected by Satan's power... it might've been mentioned somewhere, I don't remember, but was he sick as a child or something? He seems perfectly fine now.
    As far as I can see, the only reason Satan just doesn't possess Yukio right now (I'm guessing his body would be like Rin and would last... and we all know Yukio wouldn't be able to resist him, he's not strong enough) is because he doesn't have any demonic powers for satan to use.

Annnnd now I'm pretty sure I'm rambling and procrastinating about working on Chap 17 and Bon-speak.

Come by and ask me questions!
    ~Ask me thread~

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Men... This as nothing to do with DGM.... people gotta get over the exorcist thing :/

If its not Yukio who falls into the "friend/familly-possession-cliche" then its gotta be Bon or the pink haired one.... I'm too lazy to remember his name right now xD

You should have your own cheering team Queen * 3*
    *Does the pom-pom girl*
    I'm Fluffly, and you ?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why people are defensive about AnE/DGM. I find them a tad similar, but there isn't anything wrong with that at all. They're both Jump manga, and now they're in the same magazine, so they're meant to appeal to the same audience.

But on the other hand, AnE has school life and modern era, while DGM is steampunk. So...

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha it is a funny reaction. I read and enjoy both so i obviously don't have a problem with it(though DGM's plot does leave me confused more often than not.)

Just to clarify i never said they were copys of one another or anything like that but both are centered around organizations of exorcists with a main character that's got a kinda human/demon thing going on, for which the organization distrusts him. So it's hard to not see at least some similarity there, at least for me.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 14, 2010 at 03:12 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Queenofmuffins View Post
    While I appreciate the flowers I'm not a mod here so I can't really do anything but mah evil stare.

About the Yukio-being-possessed thing... it seems to happen a lot in exorcising manga; one of the main character's friends/family gets possessed.

Still, I've mainly been wondering what did they mean by Yukio being too weak and being rejected by Satan's power... it might've been mentioned somewhere, I don't remember, but was he sick as a child or something? He seems perfectly fine now.
    As far as I can see, the only reason Satan just doesn't possess Yukio right now (I'm guessing his body would be like Rin and would last... and we all know Yukio wouldn't be able to resist him, he's not strong enough) is because he doesn't have any demonic powers for satan to use.

Annnnd now I'm pretty sure I'm rambling and procrastinating about working on Chap 17 and Bon-speak.
    when yukio and rin were still in their mommy's tummy (womb) yukio was the weaker of the twins so the power rejected him and all went to rin who was the stronger baby or fetus. although some of the genes of satan could have been passed down to yukio too just not the power

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I also like both... and I personally see absolutely nothing that is remotely similar between them :B
    Did not even know they were published in the same magazine xD
    Its just that most people will come and say Oh! Its like DMG but *add your choice here*...
    :/

Its as if you said Oh! Naruto, bleach, one piece are like each other except *insert favorite here*
    The only similarity between them is that they are popular and all Shonen in the same magazine (and 2 of them have gone in the weird wagon but thats my opinion xD)

Off topic-ness done.

I thought of the Night Rin was born and the blue night thing.... Bon seems to know the sword Rin as so maybe his Dad was the one who brought it for the exorcism ?
    Hence why he seems to know what's going on ?

Nothing to do with what we were talking about... but oh well xD
    I'm Fluffly, and you ?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello! I have been a fan of AnE for a while now and have decided to come out of lurking! It has been interesting reading people's theories, so I'll post one of my own: personally I think Blue Night was when Rin and Yukio were conceived, not when he was born.
    my friends take on Nurarihyon no Mago in a online chat:
    Spoiler show

credit for signature goes to Scillock

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Then that would mean Satan was searching for a body to contain his power ?
    That's the only explanation I can find....
    And then I get to wonder who's the father....
    And how the heck did Satan know Shiro would sustain for a few minutes ?
    I'm Fluffly, and you ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

AGH!!!so many things we can consider!!!i really hope we get some more answers about the blue night in the next chapter...i mean they are staying at the temple where it all took place.
    Kirara i like your theory!!!so now we have two theories going around about the night of the blue night. 1) when rin was born he had no control over his flames and caused everybody to burn up or 2) the blue night was the night yukio and rin were conceived so this would mean satan was hopping from body to body trying to find one that would last long enough.
    fluffy just the way bon's father acts i truly believe he had something to do with the blue night. OMG! imagine if rin and bon were brothers?! O_O it could explain bon's fathers yakuza like face. i mean its possible he could have been burned from satan possessing his body...i know its kinda a far stretch

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeebus, some of you guys need to learn to take a joke sometimes. Admittedly it was in poor taste and thought up after being awake for ~17 hours, but... augh.

kirara: On the Blue Night - the reason why I think it was when the Okumura twins were born is because of Shura's orders. "Ever since the Blue Night 16 years ago... [Mephisto and Shiro] had been associating with Satan and hiding some sort of "ability"." It was on the Blue Night that Shiro hid away the child of Satan I think.

Fluffeh: I don't think so... I don't think anything could contain his power in the Assiah world. The strongest exorcist didn't even last 10 minutes. However, his son could survive in this world with the same abilities as himself. I believed that Satan wanted to indoctrinate Rin as his weapon to take over Assiah by extension - it would explain why Satan tried to drag Rin back to Gehenna instead of trying too directly possess him (don't forget how the demons revere Rin as "young lord").

And Shiro was always under constant pressure by Satan to relinquish control. It was the mental ippon seioinage from Rin that threw Shiro "off balance"... *shot for bad pun*

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Earth << I don't understand right now.... xD
    You were answering to which one of my post 'cus I said too many things to know to which one you are answering right now XD

And also the joke... what joke ? I missed something *confuzed*

Candy << That would be too awesome xD
    But too many people can be the father.... but then there's the whole "satan possession equals death" thing....
    And then we have to think Satan first did this on a whim... How the heck do you possess and then rape (????) a girl in the few minutes between the possession and the death ?
    My god we need some answers :B
    I'm Fluffly, and you ?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Your last post... well, the one before you posted asking me about it (#761).

The joke was the "flame" comment... which seemed to cause microexplosion. Dunno how, but happens when nobody. reads. my. posts. correctly! (Not referring to you btw)

On Satan's rape of the twins mum - well, it could be, as someone on the MF forums put it, that Satan is a true "minuteman".. or "minute demon" *shot*

Thread Closed
Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast