Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 52 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Chibi_Fluffy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

=O! Ok... men I really thought I said something after not understanding something but totally wondered what I did not understand since I always try to say it when I dont understand.... :B !.... ?

Oh! Had to re-read what I said XD
    I was saying that if we made it the night the twins were conceived... so Satan was going from people to people hence killing everyone... and I think that is what I meant... xD

What's a minute man ?... wait... don't tell me O_____o
    I'm Fluffly, and you ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*whispers* its a soldier that alerts of oncoming attacks...pretty sure there not around anymore though. may i ask why???
    glad you clarified what you were trying to say in the previous post! so in other words you think satan did all that at the temple?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Why what ? Why do they not exist anymore or why are they compared to a demons sex life ?
    If its the later I hope I just answered the question xD

I think I'm getting confused on what I was trying to say O____o
    So recapitulating : If it was the night they were conceived, satan went from men to men trying to find the "good one" to get a kid for the heck of it and that killed everyone except one guy.... But tht really doens't explain anything actually except everyone's deaad except one guy and possibly the mother....
    Something like that...
    Now I just feel like I'm repeating myself....
    I'm too tired to think D=

I really think the birth of the twin is a better explanation :B
    Baby!Rin as a gaz problem, everyone around dies from it except one guy with a super ebil sword, one super exorcist and a demon we really do not know why the heck was there :B
    Or something like that....
    Wow.... re-reading this sentence makes me laugh for a reason xD
    Last edited by Chibi_Fluffy; October 14, 2010 at 09:09 PM.
    I'm Fluffly, and you ?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

a minute man was a person in the army like during the 1760's...how does that even tie in with demons?! i'm so lost!!!!AGH!!!its not good if your confused on what your saying...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Queenofmuffins's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm completely lost...

Has J.A.C scanned 16 yet, the lazy bums?

Come by and ask me questions!
    ~Ask me thread~

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

They have not.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

*eye twitches*

Excuse me as I go hunt Mister_Death down...

~Ask me thread~

8. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Candy << After a good night sleep I can tell you I just do not want to try to explain my explanations xD
    The confusion is confusing @ A @

Ok... so... for the minute man thing....
    We were saying Satan needed to impregnate a women in less then a few minutes else the body he would use would die before doing anything...
    That would make him a minute man demon.... !?
    I'm Fluffly, and you ?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oh okay now i understand!!!
    go get them Queen!!!!but i thought that JAC already had the scans cleaned up...so whats going on!?

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhm... It was actually a bad dirty joke, but oh well... Sorry kids... XD

I only partially agree with you theory, fluffeh (I tried to come up with a new nickname since it seemed apparent to me you disliked "fluffball"). I think that it was ~9 months before the Blue Night that Yuri Egin and the body that Satan had possessed did... it. I think that Satan took control at a point of the man's body and then the man died shortly afterwards. Yuri was probably shocked, but likely didn't believe that anything else was going on.

Very close to the Blue Night, Rin began to release the blue flames in the womb, injuring Egin. Egin probably had no idea what was happening and went for help. Then the night she was expected to give birth, it dawned on Satan how his child could be the key to his control over Assiah. Thus the Blue Night - when Satan was killing the strongest exorcists in an attempt to reach his son and drag him back. Satan likely began trying to possess Shiro at this point, but was shocked when he was unsuccessful and so he began continuously attempting to possess Shiro, leading to the events of the first chapter.

But the incident at Bon's temple was not from Satan, but from Rin being born and killing indiscriminately because he had no control. Somehow Kurikara/Koumaken was stolen from the temple and used to seal Rin's flames, ending the terror at the temple. But for one last moment, Satan tried to possess Egin (maybe he couldn't earlier because carrying Rin gave her protection?) and then she died, but in the process he lost track of where Rin was and began sending lower echelon demons to search for his son.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Dirty jokes are dirty... but so funny when its about a fictional story XD

But i like Fluffball D=
    Or Fluffykins.... fluffkun... Some people like Chibi most.... but I like the Fluff * 3*

If it was when he was born then what you just said is the best explanation ^^
    Though we still need to know which one it is :P
    Except if there was something else that we do not have any info about but that's just hoping for nonsense XD

EDIT: AnE Art Thread~
    Last edited by Chibi_Fluffy; October 16, 2010 at 04:37 PM.
    I'm Fluffly, and you ?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner addmon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, everyone. I'm a longtime lurker who finally built up the courage to pop in and say hello (and thanks, to Queenofmuffins especially). I had a bad summer. Reading translations and theories on this forum was one of the few things that kept me sane.

I'm no good at coming up with theories myself, but I do enjoy reading everyone else's thoughts. I planned to post some fanart when I finally joined, but the start of the school year put that hobby on hold.

By the way, I've been wondering...

Has anyone scanlated the omakes?

And has there been any talk of licensing AnE in the US? (Or in countries outside of Japan?) The manga was quite obscure when I first found it, but it seems to have grown in popularity over the past few months.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome addmon!whenever you get some fanart done let us know, i love ANE fanart!as far as the omakes go...i've heard queen has translated them (thank you queen!) but um....JAC scans just haven't done them! not to sure why though. but fluffy said she might do them once she finds a decent scanner. i haven't heard anything about licensing ANE in the US (though i wish they would!) but it has been licensed in France so its only a matter of time (i hope!)

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey addmon! o/

Here's a welcome present~~

http://jacgroup.zetsuboushita.net/?p=1230

Presennnttttinnng; ze chapter 16! \o/

Also, I find it funny more people thanked my post of hunting down Mister Death than when I post they released a chapter. XD

Edit: Wow. For some reason, chapter 16 is one of my favourites even though there's not much fighting. I just like the character of Todou and how well Kazue has used this chapter to set up so many things. ^^
    You're probably wondering why I didn't notice this when translating- I guess it's because when I translate, I focus on the words so much I barely notice what's going on. That's why I always read the chapters once scanalated- it's almost like the first time reading them for me. :3
    When reading them in English I also notice things like Todou's speaking manner- I love how he phrases things. Yet even though I wrote that I just didn't even notice it when translating. Weird, huh? ^^;
    Last edited by Queenofmuffins; October 17, 2010 at 11:47 PM.

~Ask me thread~

17. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

QofM: I agree. The great thing about this chapter is it wasn't about grandiose battles or book-keeping, it was about a simple moment of growth.

Saburota is the example of someone who fell to his self-pity. He never really hated the True Cross Order or his family. However, as a perfectionist, he was envious of those who had a different talent or gift. He wanted to believe he had no talent or gift, which was obviously a lie otherwise he wouldn't have been working with the Saishinbu in the first place (and I'm fairly certain he knew that too). But by believing that he was a loser, he could feel sorry for himself and hate everyone around. Thus he was just fodder for being possessed

Now lets look at Yukio. He's practically the dose of normality among the emotionally-crippled cast. But like Saburota, he's a perfectionist and naturally obsessive (prodigies do tend to be this way - they analyze too much, but it's the main reason why they're so successful). He's terribly gifted - but he doesn't recognize that as much as he should.

So Saburota's words really hit him hard (not to mention Shura had previously commented that people like Yukio made her worry cause they were in danger of becoming possessed easily). It's really easy to feel self-pity anyways. But Yukio had to pretty much beat the shit out of that desire to just cower and feel sorry for himself. He had to remind himself of who he was - not what he wasn't, but who he was.

After he brought himself back to that, he seemed to feel under control and much more relaxed than he had been for a while. Rin's little shout near the end that he would surpass Yukio was an affirmation of that - Yukio just figured that no matter what Rin would do, he [Yukio] would still be himself and moving forward. That is just a simple growth withing a person.

.... *cricket chirp* Yeah, I feel I sympathize with Yukio waaaaay too much.

*proceeds to hold her sign of being the longest poster on the thread*
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Thread Closed
Page 52 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast