Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 93 of 111 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1662

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    And when do other characters have their birthday?
    Rin and Yukio's birthday is Dec. 27th based on this tweet.

Quote Quote:
    Shiemi's an interesting character and I love her relationship with Rin, it's so innocent and cute. She's crybaby and her lack of confidence is annoying, but I believe she's making progress here, so I don't mind. I really like her.
    I agree. I like how she always tries her best. Not all girls are like Shura or Kamiki in real life, right?

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Here's how I think it went down:

1. Yuri Egin got pregnant, her hubby died after being possessed in the middle of... eh, you know what.
    2. Shiro and Mephisto learn what has gone on. Shiro steals the Koumaken as Mephisto told him to interrupt Myou Dha's ceremony.
    3. Blue Night occurs and twins are born. Shiro says he exorcises Rin with Koumaken and that concurrently it was destroyed. Actually adopted Rin. Tatsuma might've been involved at this point or might not've been.

I think it was after the fact that Mephisto and Shiro realized Egin was carrying the son of Satan, and then started moving to take advantage of it. Unfortunately, so did Satan, and that chase for the son of Satan culminated in the Blue Night, when Satan killed a number of exorcists in order to grab his son away from Shiro. Shiro ended up with the son, and Satan lost, but a number of people died in the process, including Egin.

See, it seems Mephisto and Shiro were planning beforehand with this latest chapter.
    That's an interesting theory... (poor Egin though, that would be the worst you-know-what EVER) I assumed that Egin got pregnant the same night that satan possessed and killed Myou Dha monks but we don't know that for sure. We know that the Blue Night happened 16 years ago. At that time Bon wasn't old enough to walk and talk (not even 1 year old, I think). If it happened after Rin was born they would be the same age and that makes sense.

Still, Shirou and Mephisto didn't plan on creating satan's son, they just acted when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Rin and Yukio's birthday is Dec. 27th based on this tweet.
    Thank you Two days after Christmas, lol. Now if we just knew what season was when the blue night happened... but I hope we will know from the next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    I agree. I like how she always tries her best. Not all girls are like Shura or Kamiki in real life, right?
    I think I migh've met a couple of Kamikis, but Shuras are either nonexistent or they hang out with different kind of people

BTW, anyone knows what this is: http://www.dm5.com/Comic/MH82/Comics...024_page-2.htm ?
    Last edited by Kryanka; March 07, 2011 at 03:49 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a chinese translation of the special where Rin, Yukio, and Shiemi exorcise the demon train.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuri Egin would've probably been killed on the Blue Night if that was the case, though. I think because the sword was stolen before the Blue Night, Yuri Egin had been pregnant, Mephisto and Shiro figured out what her child was, and that the Blue Night was when the kids were born.

I think it'd be kinda interesting to see if the Okumura twin's birthday coincided with the anniversary of the Blue Night. How much would that suck, having your birthday on the anniversary of a mass funeral?

Hm, I really haven't met a lot of Kamiki-like people. I guess I might be considered more like Kamiki, since the more friendly and familiar I am, the more I verbally spar. It tends to make people think I'm a jerk.

I've run into Shura-types - think the people who are only concerned with having fun and have a mediocre job but are incredibly gifted. I know lotsa them at Uni, and like Shura annoys Yukio, they drive me up a tree.

Shiemi-types? Not really, they tend to be broken down early. I don't think I've met one, but then again the place I'm at is insanely competitive.

And Yukio types? Heh, I think I'm one. Yukio's problems are identical to Shiemi's, they just manifest differently. Shiemi expresses herself by getting depressed, Yukio buries it within and blames it on others. The human reaction is a mix of both.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, shukketsumaru! Do you happen to know if there's english translation out there?

You know, I wonder where Okumura surname came from. Was it the guy who had been possessed by satan while you-know-what? Did he even know Yuri personally? I don't think he survived the possession, so it's s bit weird that a guy who possibly had nothing to do with the mother and didn't live long enough to even acknowledge that he might be a father soon, gave the boys his name. And man, what a twisted story.

I wonder if the mother survived, too. I'd think that if she lived after you-know-what, and through pregnancy, she might've survived childbirth too... If she was dead somebody would say it by now - Shirou, Mephisto or Yukio, it's a bit strange, the silence surrounding such an important person.

There are arguments against Yuri being alive though, like the fact that satan said that the mother wasn't wasn't able to cantain him (but she did, till the boys were born anyway). Yukio received a mashou when they were born, so it was probably pretty painful, even for a childbirth. We haven't seen her and she's the mother after all, but maybe she's protecting the boys this way.

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Hm, I really haven't met a lot of Kamiki-like people. I guess I might be considered more like Kamiki, since the more friendly and familiar I am, the more I verbally spar. It tends to make people think I'm a jerk.
    You're not? Just kidding, just kidding...

I don't think Shura is the type that cares only about having fun. She's gifted and you can always rely on her, during fight, when you need cheering up or comforting, she's a good teacher who can make people work together, she did her best when she was sent as a spy and she's giving it all protecting Rin. As Shirou said, she's looking at the order from outside and may have a better view.

I don't think Yukio is insecure. He was bullied as a child, but now he's gifted doctor and dragoon exorcist and a genius who teaches people the same age as him. He does have moments of weakness, but who doesn't? Besides, the guy who made him scared of being possessed is skilled in luring people to his side, so it's understandable.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Look! It's AnE 23!

Kryanka, there's no english translation yet for that Phantom Train bangaihen... But there will be "soon" Once I'm done with my other monthly series (Examurai) and if it's not time to do my 2 weeklies (Bakuman and Mago) I'll definitely start on Phantom Train and Kuro no Iede

8. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just checked out 2PM's discography link and found out the ED theme will be titled "Take Off". UVERworld hasn't released info about the OP theme yet however.

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is that song by UVERworld something that they are gonna compose just for the anime? cause i searched "take off" on youtube but there was nothing there.
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Take Off" is sung by 2PM. UVERworld hasn't announced their new song yet.

The songs shouldn't be out yet since the anime hasn't aired unless someone leaks it out, which I highly doubt.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wah? did i say uverworld? no, i ment 2PM, sorry :/
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao no Exorcist ranked #5 on the "Comics Bookstore Staff All Over Japan Recommend 2011" Pretty awesome if you ask me. "generic" shounen like this hardly gets nominated/awarded this kind of thing, but I think this just shows that AnE, while having a fairly generic premise, has a lot of its own charm and executes even the most cliche of plot elements very well

UVERworld's song will be 100% new, btw. Saw it on their twitter some days back. Apparently they are very happy with the lyrics. Sounds pretty promising

15. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mr. Death's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sig by Cross, Bar by Ravona!!!

17. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hoo!!! koumaken was the honzo, for certain!

i really wanna know what the rest of that letter says, now that we have skipped the intro and are moving onto the meat (:<
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

Negative Syndicate

I got a feeling that Rin is similar with Elen (from Shingeki no Kyojin).

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

So koumaken was taken shortly before Rin and Yukio (and Bon) were born. We may assume that Tatsuma and Shirou worked together on something later and became good friends. I wonder what cured Tatsuma's wife in the end. Can't wait for more!

And wow, Shirou was really badass Super lightweight garb with a HUGE gun, lol. Did he carry it everywhere with him or what?

Thread Closed
Page 93 of 111 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast