Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

I love this!
    I don't care if its generic !
    it does remind me of dgm, except the atmosphere feels lighter and main character doesn't hold all his emotions in like allen

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished reading chapter 5 and I overall enjoy it so far. Rin, Yukio, Mephisto, Awaymon, and Satan, it's a big family drama. Is it just me or I'm I the only one that likes the artwork. Let's hope the Jump Sq doesn't cancel this series.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    I just finished reading chapter 5 and I overall enjoy it so far. Rin, Yukio, Mephisto, Awaymon, and Satan, it's a big family drama. Is it just me or I'm I the only one that likes the artwork. Let's hope the Jump Sq doesn't cancel this series.
    No I too love the artwork

And I would be so pissed if SQ did to this series what they did to Ice Revolution.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i started reading this manga a few days ago and i was completely blown away. it reminds me of DGM and Soul Eater since the story is set in an academt but its really good. The art is really good too. Hopefully scanlators wont drop this series. I really would like to know what happens afterwards. I want some action to start but so far the mangaka is only introducing characters so it might take a while for the story to start moving.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished reading the available chapters recently and I have to say this series is great! I'm really liking the art, especially the environments. If there's one thing wrong with the art it's that it is sometimes too sketchy. Hope there's a battle soon just so we can see Rin's sword skills. He's a pretty cool protagonist and I can associate with him, mostly because he's got the same hairstyle as me and we both have the same problem with fringes getting in our way during studying .

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tami4875 View Post
    i started reading this manga a few days ago and i was completely blown away. it reminds me of DGM...
    The manga really does remind me of DGM for some reason. Mephisto is a mixture of Cross and the earl.

Quote Quote:
    I want some action to start but so far the mangaka is only introducing characters so it might take a while for the story to start moving.
    I agree; the characters' introductions will probably last until at most chapter 10, which I don't mind since we get to know the main/supportin characters' backgrounds. It looks like the newest chapter develops more of Izumo's character so that means that we only need to know the mysterious hoodie guy and the guy with the stuffed rabbit.

Chapter 6 is very interesting! I'm glad that Izumo resolved her internal issues and it looks like she's beginning to be more concern about others especially Shiemi. Yukio's punishment also did help the exorcist-in-trainings to be more cooperative and supportive of each other. Is it me or there is a hint of a IzumoxSuguro shipping in this chapter?

Rin's confrontation with Neigauz-sensei was intense. I wonder what the teacher wants from Rin; obviously he did not want to kill him and he is interested in Rin's blue flames for some reason. Maybe he wants to use Rin for some ulterior motives of his? I hope that Rin will tell his brother about this, but most likely Neigauz-sensei is going to blackmail him. >.>

BTW, has anyone looked at the manga-ka's blog? There are a lot of great artworks and he even made some chibi version of the main characters:

Spoiler show

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool manga. I think people are reminded of D.G-m because it's about excorsim, the main character is twisted (evil side vs good side), etc but somehow I also have this Soul Eater feeling because of the academy and the student issue

Anyway, did I have a wrong feeling, did I misread: but in a chapter I had the feeling Mephisto is a villain. I have always found it odd why he had a devil's name. So, anyone?
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    Anyway, did I have a wrong feeling, did I misread: but in a chapter I had the feeling Mephisto is a villain. I have always found it odd why he had a devil's name. So, anyone?
    Yeah, I had my suspicions when I first saw his name and it was confirmed when I read Chapter 4. I think he is a villain as well since he did call Rin his youngest brother and refer Satan as his father. From what we know, he is planning to keep an eye on Rin and develop his powers to benefit Satan. Mephisto could be spying on the exorcists to gather any valuable information as well. I can't wait to see Rin and everyone's expressions when they find out. ^^

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the art in this manga, but I have to say that I really dislike some of the smiles the characters make. I also dislike Yukio's moles, not the fact that he has moles (more like freckles though), but the fact that they are visible when every other persons freckles aren't. It seems a little stupid to highlight something like that when there are more visible things on the human body which are ignored in manga.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting a vibe telling me that Neigauz will turn out to be a good guy who was testing Rin, but it's just a crazy theory . I guess next months chapter will be about the student that's always wearing the coat with a hood. This manga reminds me of Harry Potter, but that's a good thing and even though you could make some similarities, Exorcist has its on style. Overall great color page and great chapter .

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    I'm getting a vibe telling me that Neigauz will turn out to be a good guy who was testing Rin, but it's just a crazy theory .
    Maybe, but why did Neigauz said that he was just a demon's dog when the ghoul laughed at him? He could be testing Rin to see how strong he is, but I wonder about why he is interested in Rin's blue flames.

BTW, I think it is amusing that the hoodie guy and the bunny guy did not do anything during the whole ordeal. Katou must really does not want us to know about their fighting styles and whatnot until he properly introduces them.

According to 2ch, the first volume was #34 and has sold around 23,000 copies so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ch
    423 :作者の都合により名無しです:2009/09/05(土) 23:59:37 ID:/ueUioyx0
    日和7週連続ランクインとか自重w
    売れすぎだろ

85 89 **8,678 *,182,460 *7 *45 増田こうすけ劇場 ギャグマンガ日和 10
    31 -- *23,875 *,*23,875 *1 **6 Luck Stealer 5
    34 -- *22,993 *,*22,993 *1 **6 青の祓魔師(エクソシスト) 1
    Last edited by riki; September 06, 2009 at 09:37 PM.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also intrigued by Neigauz' role. I can't say whether he is good or bad but it is indeed obvious, he's interested in Rin. Well, maybe Neigauz had the task to make sure Rin can control his demon side in combat fights. Don't forget, it was mentioned Rin should try to control it. We have never seen some decent test to do so. Maybe Neigauz is testing out Rin with the idea of making him able to control the blue flame

Maybe the dialogue about the dog refers to the excorsists who summon those creatures. Maybe he consider himself like a hell's dog because he can summon these hell's creatures.

Anyway, this manga takes a slow but yet interesting pace. I like it that the mangaka is taking the time. No hasty char introductions, etc... I do look forward to more
    Last edited by Koen; September 07, 2009 at 01:57 PM.
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    I am also intrigued by Neigauz' role. I can't say whether he is good or bad but it is indeed obvious, he's interested in Rin. Well, maybe Neigauz had the task to make sure Rin can control his demon side in combat fights. Don't forget, it was mentioned Rin should try to control it. We have never seen some decent test to do so. Maybe Neigauz is testing out Rin with the idea of making him able to control the blue flame
    That's true. He is still mysterious and we still don't know what his goals are. Rin might just have a misunderstanding about it. It would make sense he wants Rin to control his blue flames since Rin can only summon it when he is angry. If so, is he doing this little lesson secretly since it looks like Yukio does not know about it?

Quote Quote:
    Maybe the dialogue about the dog refers to the excorsists who summon those creatures. Maybe he consider himself like a hell's dog because he can summon these hell's creatures.
    But why was the ghoul laughing at him? That is what bugs me.

BTW, I was wondering what was Izumo's motivation on becoming an exorcist when I noticed the top center panel on this page. It looked like her mother or one of her relatives got possessed by a demon. Maybe she wants to save her and/or protect her loved ones?

Another thing that got me curious was the Blue Night incident. Since it happened sixteen years ago, I have a feeling there is a connection between this event and Rin. Was Satan trying to get rid of the monks since they were considered the greatest holy men so that they won't hurt his son and his only chance of conquering Assiah? Or was he trying to find someone to possess so he could try to get Rin back to Gehenna? After all, it would be easier to mold him to serve his father's purpose when he was still a baby. If so, how would Bon react?
    Last edited by riki; September 07, 2009 at 03:42 PM.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the ghoul is laughing because there are some henchmen of the evil side within the academy (eg mehpisto, rin's power, etc). Maybe, it could be that Neigauz is one of the only excorsists - a top excorsist - being aware of that, and that's why - at this moment - he (and others) considers himself as the hell's dog since he can't do anything at this moment.

Yeah, Izumo is definitely the mirror characters. Well, I always call them mirror characters because they suppresses their feelings, their history, their true identity, etc...

So basically when talking with these people or when looking at them, you're (un)aware of that introvert, closed up attitude (it's like you can only see yourself in an interaction)

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if some (or maybe all) excorsists students' goal are connected with the Blue Night incident. The truth will be hard when they'll know Rin's secrets
    Last edited by Koen; September 07, 2009 at 04:21 PM.
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member tenebrae's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this manga is really good and with mephisto's name and his statements he is probably a son of satan but then why doesn't satan posess him if that's the case? What would be so special about rin compared to his possible brother?

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast