Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who would win? Mayuri vs. Kenpachi

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mayuri

16 47.06%
  • Kenpachi

18 52.94%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mayuri vs. Kenpachi

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri vs. Kenpachi

Manga evidence only. I know that Kenpachi has the larger fan base and will most likely win the poll solely because of this and no other reason. Would Mayuri get cut up? Yes. But Mayuri be able to take him in the long run simply due to the poisons and other tricks up his sleeves. Kenpachi is a lovable insane sword fighter but brute force is something that wouldn't work very well in this type of fight. Mayuri is one of the "weaker" captains that transforms any fight he's involved into something more on his type of playing field.

Mayuri

Pros:
    Poison based that infects and can kill even if he loses.
    Genius Level intelligence
    Isn't Above cheating
    Most fights are in his favor due to his fighting style
    Has more potential due to inventions

Cons:
    Appears to be one of the slower captains.
    Appears to be one of the worst sword fighters.
    Appears to be one of the weaker captains.

Kenpachi

Pros:
    Extremely powerful swordfighter
    Insanely high reistu
    Durability
    Kendo? (lol)

Cons:
    Mayuri's style would make Kenpachi adapt to him
    No cure for poisons
    Too wreckless

Conclusion: Due to each of their fighting styles and how Kenpachi fights. He allows people to attack and cut him and this would be his downfall. Mayuri would take advantage of this. Mayuri would take major damage but has proven to be maybe the only captain to withstand the same amount of damage that Kenpachi can and still survive. It would be a great battle but due to poison Mayuri would win even if he lost. Kenpachi will win this poll due to popularity and because Mayuri gets NO respect. Poor evil Scientist guy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bolshoi Hui's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mayuri vs. Kenpachi

Quote Quote:
    He allows people to attack and cut him and this would be his downfall. Mayuri would take advantage of this.

If I am not mistaken, these two really hate each other, so I doubt this fight would go on a classical Zaraki fight scenario.

To my mind it is highly unlikely that Kenpachi lets Mayuri cut him cause he knows about scientist's poison for sure. As you mentioned, Kenpachi is wreckless but not that stupid when dealing with such opponent.

If Zaraki acts fast he's got a chance to take Kurotsuchi down before he goes bankai.
    Although I am not sure whether it is possible to kill Mayuri with such zanpaktou since he is liquid or whatever trick is that, and something like Ryūjin Jakka is needed here lol.

If we put these characters' popularity aside and assume this is a fight without preparations (a very important condition lol) I would say these two guys have an even chance of winning adding that for Kenpachi it is a mortal combat lol.

By the way, they are gonna fight in the third movie, no?
    Last edited by Bolshoi Hui; April 11, 2009 at 08:37 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bolshoi Hui View Post
    If I am not mistaken, these two really hate each other, so I doubt this fight would go on a classical Zaraki fight scenario.

To my mind it is highly unlikely that Kenpachi lets Mayuri cut him cause he knows about scientist's poison for sure. As you mentioned, Kenpachi is wreckless but not that stupid when dealing with such opponent.

If Zaraki acts fast he's got a chance to take Kurotsuchi down before he goes bankai.
    Although I am not sure whether it is possible to kill Mayuri with such zanpaktou since he is liquid or whatever trick is that, and something like Ryūjin Jakka is needed here lol.

If we put these characters' popularity aside and assume this is a fight without preparations (a very important condition lol) I would say these two guys have an even chance of winning adding that for Kenpachi it is a mortal combat lol.

By the way, they are gonna fight in the third movie, no?
    Are they? Kenpachi will win due to popularity though...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bolshoi Hui's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Are they? Kenpachi will win due to popularity though...
    There was a scene where they fought at the beginning of episodes 197-198 in the OP.
    Yeah, that's the reason Mayuri might lose.
    Last edited by Bolshoi Hui; April 11, 2009 at 04:10 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kenpachi acts in character then its game over for him no questions asked. He also can't let Mayuri go Bankai because then we have poison baby.

Then again Kenpachi can effectively own the giant baby by going kendo the very moment Mayuri activates his Bankai and work from their.

Kenpachi better not act like himself, he'll just let Mayuri cut him/ he'll purposely take hits. Heck Mayuri is one guy who can take hits just for the fun of it since he can just regenerate arms.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; May 08, 2009 at 11:49 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a fight between them would be awesome. Both of them fight by consciously of unconsciously scaring the crap out of their enemies and kill them on the inside little by little. Just a look at their fights with grants and nnoitora shows that perfectly.
    Maturi has the brains but kempachi in terms of brute force and spirit energy is superior. Given how the two of them fight I am inclined to believe it is a tie but it is really hard to say.... Both of them can take massive amounts of damage without flinching, both enjoy the carnage and both enjoy watching their preys suffer to some extent. Epic fight IMO.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think a fight between them would be awesome. Both of them fight by consciously of unconsciously scaring the crap out of their enemies and kill them on the inside little by little. Just a look at their fights with grants and nnoitora shows that perfectly.
    Maturi has the brains but kempachi in terms of brute force and spirit energy is superior. Given how the two of them fight I am inclined to believe it is a tie but it is really hard to say.... Both of them can take massive amounts of damage without flinching, both enjoy the carnage and both enjoy watching their preys suffer to some extent. Epic fight IMO.
    I looked up the fight in the 3rd movie and it basically has Mayuri coming nuts because of the movie villain. He fights Kenpachi and all of his sword attacks are easily handled. Mayuri goes bankai and attacks Kenpachi then all hell breaks loose and they don't see to say who won. So I'm assuming it's a tie type thing.

Yes the fight would be fun. It's classic brains vs. brawn and the guys totally hate each other to say the least.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AkatsukiNoTobi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet you if they did fight, and Mayuri used his shikai's ability to sever motor nerves, that Kenpachi would overcome that on sheer will alone. He'd pull something like that out of his butt.

But I'd give it to Mayuri. His bankai's breath alone is enough to kill Kenpachi after a while. It doesn't need to actually skewer him with its baby-chest-blades (hehe).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Joshua~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see Kenpachi losing this fight at all. As wreckless as he is, he does have some strategy if it was ever needed. I think it's possible for him to blast away any gas with smoke. Just like Szayel wasn't made an Espada necessarily for his fighting skill but for his intellect, I believe that Mayuri has much more intellect than fighting ability. If he did, than he wouldn't need to hack his zanpakuto or his body.
    "I pray for the strength to change what I can,
    The inability to accept what I can't,
    And the incapacity to tell the difference...."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joshua~ View Post
    I can't see Kenpachi losing this fight at all. As wreckless as he is, he does have some strategy if it was ever needed. I think it's possible for him to blast away any gas with smoke. Just like Szayel wasn't made an Espada necessarily for his fighting skill but for his intellect, I believe that Mayuri has much more intellect than fighting ability. If he did, than he wouldn't need to hack his zanpakuto or his body.
    Mayuri would just build something rigged and use it on Kenpachi. I love Kenny but he's the most overrated character in bleach. People think he's a walking god.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Mayuri would just build something rigged and use it on Kenpachi. I love Kenny but he's the most overrated character in bleach. People think he's a walking god.
    The captains do have information about each other, no? Kenpachi may love fighting, but he's not about to sit there and watch Mayuri just build something to kill him. I personally don't see how Mayuri could win this fight.

Power-wise Kenpachi has him. Speed-wise I would say they could almost be on the same level, I have seen Kenpachi be swift when he wants to be. Alot of people do have that mindset about him, yes, but for good reason. The man has a lot of strength and experience.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joshua~ View Post
    The captains do have information about each other, no? Kenpachi may love fighting, but he's not about to sit there and watch Mayuri just build something to kill him. I personally don't see how Mayuri could win this fight.

Power-wise Kenpachi has him. Speed-wise I would say they could almost be on the same level, I have seen Kenpachi be swift when he wants to be. Alot of people do have that mindset about him, yes, but for good reason. The man has a lot of strength and experience.
    Why would Mayuri build it there. You just said they have information on each other. A guy like Mayuri has created a counter to Kenpachi like 30 mins after meeting him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Why would Mayuri build it there. You just said they have information on each other. A guy like Mayuri has created a counter to Kenpachi like 30 mins after meeting him.
    Assuming that the battle is planned. If the battle is planned i'm sure that Kenpachi will have something cooked up for him as well. Such as instantly "going in for the kil" pressure the second Mayuri uses his zanpakuto's shikai/bankai instead of being arrogant and taking hits.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken is a monster. But mayuri is a genius, mad but smart
    Also, isn't mayuri's weakness is if u hit him hard enough he turns to liquid thus meaning he lose?? I could totally see ken doing that.
    As for mayuri's bankai, that can be stopped by ken easily.
    The problem is the poison and how ken will react to it. Can he blow it away with his SP??

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Ken is a monster. But mayuri is a genius, mad but smart
    Also, isn't mayuri's weakness is if u hit him hard enough he turns to liquid thus meaning he lose?? I could totally see ken doing that.
    As for mayuri's bankai, that can be stopped by ken easily.
    The problem is the poison and how ken will react to it. Can he blow it away with his SP??
    Most definetely he can blow i away with his spirital pressure. I can really see him doing that.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast