Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Agon's 40 Yard Dash Time

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cHaotix8's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Agon's 40 Yard Dash Time

It's a cut that you use without slowing down. That's the idea of the devilbat ghost. Sena takes smaller steps to do the cut but he's still moving forward, creating the illusion that he stepped to the side.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member XEL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He fakes the step to one side while going the other. Sena's got speed, not the power to go through solid objects. In retrospect this means that he has to go to the side to get around the defender, this is where he side steps. During the time, though he is still running 4.2, Agon can catch up or move on forward.

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of how fast his legs may be churning Sena lacks the physical ability to ever take a hit from players such as Agon who are shown to be stronger then average as he beats the crap out of strong fighters and tackles even strong lineman like Juumonji (Not excessively strong, but strong all the same). Also I don't think the Devilbat Ghost makes him keep on going, I think he evolved it into that. And finally the Devilbat ghost did not originally make Sena not slow down instead he just didn't STOP to make a cut like he used to. Though of course it'll take me a while to find out where this chapter is if it exists at all.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Darker's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Agon's 40 yard time is 4.6 sec and his bench is 130 kg.

I found it at Japanese wiki of Eyeshield 21.

金剛 阿含 <--- Kongo Agon

こんごう あごん、声優 - 桐本琢也

クォーターバック(ドラゴンフライ時)(QB)兼ワイドレシーバー(WR)。2年。背番号2。身長175cm。体重67kg。5月31日生まれ。血液型B型。40ヤード走4秒6。ベンチプレス130kg。

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rsatori's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I figured he'd be around that time but what source do the stats come from?
    Sometimes I think that anime and manga today is all thanks to the Atomic Bombs.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it might be the databook.

ES21 databook has been sold around after Deimon-Kyoshin match.

That's why Japan wiki has almost characters data before volume 16 or 17.

If it's a fake, so they should have Akaba, Yamato, Taka . . . all character's stat too. But they don't

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darker View Post
    I think it might be the databook.
    I have the databook, it says exactly for Agon:
    40 yards dash: ?
    Benchpress: ?

So yeah, not the databook Actually, I don't know where those might come from too, I'm pretty sure I've never seen those numbers and I've read pretty much everything that's ES21 related so many times I know them by heart... 4.6sec/40yrds and 130kg for the benchpress seems pretty realistic to me, though (maybe the benchpress is a bit too much for someone who wasn't training, but it can't be too far either).

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm really? They should make a new databook now :P

Although Agon doesn't seems to be hard-training like Shin, he love to brawl right?

You can say that is Agon's training method.

For me, he only lacks in running-practice.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner JumpmanJV's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XEL View Post
    yes but taking the time to side step does take time its like how if you run 4.2 in a striaght line its faster than if you had to dodge something. in that sense sena "slowed down" while dodging agon. In turn agon reacted and was able to catch up.
    does makes sense.... 40 yards in 4.2 seconds is roughly 8.71 meters per second which would be sena's velocity

now it is true that the devilbat ghost is designed to keep him moving at his max velocity of 8.71 but his cuts do make the time in which he covers a certain area longer because he may run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds but as soon as he cuts he has turned 40 yards 40.5 yards so to speak. The curves in his run path are parabolas which are of longer length than the straight line meaning he takes a few milliseconds longer to get through. Those milliseconds possibly being all agon needs to be right in reach of sena.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JumpmanJV View Post
    does makes sense.... 40 yards in 4.2 seconds is roughly 8.71 meters per second which would be sena's velocity

now it is true that the devilbat ghost is designed to keep him moving at his max velocity of 8.71 but his cuts do make the time in which he covers a certain area longer because he may run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds but as soon as he cuts he has turned 40 yards 40.5 yards so to speak. The curves in his run path are parabolas which are of longer length than the straight line meaning he takes a few milliseconds longer to get through. Those milliseconds possibly being all agon needs to be right in reach of sena.
    Your math makes no sense considering that a 40 yard dash in 4.2 seconds also deals with an acceleration from a velocity of 0. Good try though. Agon can catch up because his reaction time is faster making his 40 yard dash seem faster. Imagine two people at a starting line for a race. Let's pretend that race starts with a starting gun. Person A can run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds. Person B can run 40 yards in 4.4 seconds. However, Person A requires 0.4 seconds to actually react to the gun. Person B requires 0.1 seconds. Who would win?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JyAZ View Post
    Your math makes no sense considering that a 40 yard dash in 4.2 seconds also deals with an acceleration from a velocity of 0. Good try though. Agon can catch up because his reaction time is faster making his 40 yard dash seem faster. Imagine two people at a starting line for a race. Let's pretend that race starts with a starting gun. Person A can run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds. Person B can run 40 yards in 4.4 seconds. However, Person A requires 0.4 seconds to actually react to the gun. Person B requires 0.1 seconds. Who would win?

There's also the idea that Agons' max acceleration could be higher than Senas' while his average speed is low, since after you reach your max, you are slowly decelerating. It could go a bunch of different ways.

Haha, JV.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zky2007's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

in one of the chapter after Gaoh's appearance there wasn't some bench press and Agon was in the list? 40 yard dash is still unknown, I think.... next databook
    CHII'S SWEET HOME is the ultimate anime/manga.
    ES21 forever.
    my ES21 recolorings

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They showed Shins but not Agons'. They've never given any numbers on him other than his height.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member XEL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JyAZ View Post
    Let's pretend that race starts with a starting gun. Person A can run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds. Person B can run 40 yards in 4.4 seconds. However, Person A requires 0.4 seconds to actually react to the gun. Person B requires 0.1 seconds. Who would win?
    how much are they running? if person a really has a .04 reaction he really shouldn't be doing sports xP average is around the .2 area... but yea say the 4.2 person has .2 and the 4.4 person has .1 the 4.2 would win because his speeds better.

Quote Originally Posted by cHaotix8 View Post
    There's also the idea that Agons' max acceleration could be higher than Senas' while his average speed is low, since after you reach your max, you are slowly decelerating. It could go a bunch of different ways.
    Like i said before we will all hit 25 mph in speed, no matter how long we can sustain that speed. With Agon being able to react and hit that speed quickly it's all he needs to reach sena who is running the same speed but moving to the side, giving the impression that he is much faster.

EDIT: the only person running faster than this is Usain Bolt... and I'm somewhat confident not even Agon could touch him...considering his 40 would be 3.9, maybe even faster, maybe slower

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner JumpmanJV's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re-did my math. His velocity is 17.4 meters per second at the 40 yard mark assuming constant acceleration. Anyways that's not my point.

it's not a matter of speed when they go head to head. what agon's godspeed does for him in those .11 seconds is tell his body to go where sena is going. so as soon as he sees where the cut is going, .11 seconds later his body is headed in that direction. let's not forget that agon is a genius so he can tell where sena wants to go. that allows agon to simply stay in front of sena. the manga portrays it as if he's catching up but i think he's really just staying ahead of him or right beside him. sena never really passes him. so i don't think the acceleration has anything to do with it either. even if he accelerates faster, it's still gonna be a while before he reaches sena because sena is already going full blast. agon is just always where you're headed before you are.

http://www.onemanga.com/Eyeshield_21/177/12/
    look at that one, bottom right, he's ahead of sena. regardless of his acceleration he's not gonna get ahead of sena if he's behind already because sena is faster. only logical thing is that sena never got past him meaning agon doesn't catch up, just stays ahead.

Also chaotix, when you reach your max you don't necessarily deccelerate. you can have constant velocity which gives you zero acceleration.
    Last edited by JumpmanJV; June 26, 2009 at 05:44 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast