Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: One Piece: Collector's Edition Anime/Manga [Download Here]

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Missing from my collection...

@ Heinous : Your calendar seems to lack some events of the One Piece Universe. Moreover, there are some mistakes : for example Brook took only a year to find back his body.
    So, this calendar I take a little time to translate and write could be useful.

Calendar about the world events before the Luffy's piracy time. Credits go to a fantastic french site " La Volonté du D " for the informations but it is a personal translation, not an exact one.
    It has been realized thanks to the time indications of Montblanc Norland's maritime calendar in which Norland is been said to arrive in Jaya in the Year 1122. According to the manga, the present is 400 years later, in 1522.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; April 27, 2009 at 06:32 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Heinous's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW nice name...
    Lord Rayleigh

thank you for informing me about the calendar...
    I'll update it asap.
    And thank you for editing my post...

BTW: If anyone has Better scans out there, Please post so I can reupload them..
    ---
    Nyahaha, I just secured these uploads...
    I can have this up when they are down ASAP....
    Someone is targeting my uploads and reporting to RS that they are illegal...
    Good thing I always secure my uploads with multiple host....
    Last edited by Heinous; April 27, 2009 at 06:58 PM.
    Spoiler: Manga I like show

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the calendar of Luvneel Kingdom.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/287/04/

We do not know if the WG calendar is the same. But we are currently in 1522 in the Luvneel calendar.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

added 2009 calendar and Straw hat theater 1-8

I finally found a good scan....
    I hope it will be for all downloads from a guy from somewhere....

He says it was from onepiecehq....
    I just really hope it is HQ...
    So far I download 1 to 10 and they are MQ....

Edit: damn after 30 DL its no good... After everything was DLed. Its the same as mine however the chapter numbering is better however there are around 2 numbering mishaps...

Now I understand what Luffy feels when he searches for One Piece....

btw: if you need help downloading all these from RS just see my pass.
    Last edited by Heinous; April 29, 2009 at 02:26 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kaiser Will's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Heinous, I found that in BitTorrent. Thought I don't know how the quality is, but I think it's pretty good.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

just saw thespectrum and Null with good scans however it would be tedious for me to Download them ONE BY ONE or PAGE BY PAGE... but the early scans are STILL bad
    I'd Like a little help from everyone....
    They can upload them by chapters or better by Volume
    and I'd be the one to Merge all information

Should I make a thread for ONE Piece Collectors Edition? or will this serve the purpose
    I just wish many will participate.
    Please put your comments on this....

I think WE should Start With Volume 1 to 20
    everyone will look for HQ Volume 1 to 20 HQ scans...
    I'm re-doing the OCD files
    I won't watermark them anymore so people won't hate me...
    Hehehehe...

DONE:
    Volume 26 and 27 are ok already
    I am currently downloading ALL HQ scans of Null

SO I want others to look for those NOT HQ found in Null
    Last edited by Heinous; April 29, 2009 at 02:52 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Yabe's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Heinous, if you want to collect all the scans for your pleasure then it's fine but if you're going to upload them and share elsewhere then please make sure that the scanlation group give you the permission to re-upload their works (I'm not sure if Null allows this).

Btw, I'm going to change the title of this thread to "One Piece Collectors Edition", therefore you don't have to create another one.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Collectors Edition

ok...
    I'll post a bunch of permission request on each scanlators sites I find....
    Since there are multiple scanlators can someone post the entire scanlators lists?
    with their sites?

I hope Null will allow since their scans are top quality
    Last edited by Heinous; April 29, 2009 at 06:20 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't bother looking for good scanlations between volume 3 and volume 26. They don't exist. At least, not in English. PERHAPS you could find them through volume 5 or 6, since Manga Downloads went on a bit past volume 3, from what I've seen, but I don't think that their scans are available anymore, except for the first 2.5 volumes or so.

Basically, we're stuck with Mangascreener's old garbage scans, rife with intentionally bad picture quality and clunky and inaccurate translations (though from volume 18 until halfway through volume 21 the translation is pretty good, because Stephen had taken over, although then Null took over the project, and their translations are shaky until volume 26.) At least, until somebody decides that they're going to rescanlate the first 26 volumes, but I don't that anybody's ever really tried. Kaizoku-Fansubs almost tried, but the attempt never really got off the ground. And people are more reluctant to try because Viz is up to volume 21, so if you want One Piece in English, you can just buy it. So the odds are that nobody will try to scanlate the first 26 volumes well in the future.

Except MAYBE when the kanzenban or bunkoban come out, but that won't be for years, and even then people may not wanna bother. I don't think that any series was ever rescanlated from the kanzenban, even with the usage of the old translations. Except for Dragon Ball, and that's because the old scanlations had some of the most abysmal picture quality of any scanlations ever. And even the first 26 volumes of One Piece aren't THAT bad (they weren't flopped, for one thing), although the translation is not nearly as good as that of those old Dragon Ball scans. But since Stephen makes his translations available for free over the Internet, and they're quite good, I dunno if that will be a sticking point.

So yeah, in short, just upload the garbage scans, they're all that there is at the moment. And possibly all that there ever will be.

As to the list of scanlators: Mangascreener, Null, and Binktopia. That covers more or less the only available scanlations for the first 44 volumes, the best scanlations for volumes 45-52, although not the only ones, and the best scanlations for after volume 52, although Null will have volume 53 out eventually, after which the link should be updated with their scanlation.

As to how likely they are to let you put up their scanlations, Binktopia will probably give you permission. Null MAY, I'm not really sure of what they'd say based on what I know of them. I think that Mangascreener may not, since THEY wanted scanlation of the series to cease when it was licensed, at least officially. On the other hand, that hasn't stopped anyone for the last 6.5 years, so it's up to you about what to do for the first 20.5 volumes if they say no.
    Last edited by Imitorar; April 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I too am not really interested in having their permission.
    But, since I am not doing anything in my free time ATM, I'd try...

I am an uploader of many warez and mangas....
    It really is silly for me to ask permission to upload since its everywhere already...
    even if they do say no..

I'd still do it..
    hehehehe...

I was thinking of rewarding people who are interested in giving me HQ scans of One piece....

1 month RS or so for providing 10 or so HQ link....
    anyway, since there really is no other HQ scans for volumes you said
    I'll give up on that search...

BTW: I have downloaded all NULL HQ and they are pretty god...
    I'll upload them on my free time...

Is it okay for me to "reward" for finding links?

Is it okay here?
    Please post if its ok...
    If not I won't reward them...
    Last edited by Heinous; April 30, 2009 at 09:45 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I asked the higher authorities, and they said that the policy here is that we don't encourage people to seek favors by offering rewards. We try to build a sense of community, which means that we encourage people to do things for each other for free, out of a desire for the online manga fandom to prosper. So I recommend that you don't offer a reward for links to scanlations, people will provide them if they want to. Besides, I think that you've already gotten the best scanlations available.

Also, I recommend uploading the first 19 volumes to our manga database, which currently lacks them. This way, MangaHelpers will be able to provide the full (as it stands now, at least) One Piece series.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

well I'm quite surprised. Do you really have only 21 volumes of One piece translated so far ? It seems so since I have checked on viz site.
    At least I understand more why your searching for the scanlation. 20 volumes in 6 years is a bit shamefull !

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

And why again you want to reupload [Null] and Binktopia scanlates, even though the first ones are easily downloaded from their IRC chanell, and others are up on MangaShare?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aikyet View Post
    And why again you want to reupload [Null] and Binktopia scanlates, even though the first ones are easily downloaded from their IRC chanell, and others are up on MangaShare?
    Because MangaHelpers also serves as an archive site. They're there, true. But we want them here as well. It provides a centralized location for everything, so that you have the scanlator's website AND MangaHelpers as resources.

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    At least I understand more why your searching for the scanlation. 20 volumes in 6 years is a bit shamefull !
    And it was the fear of that happening that prompted Null not to drop the project 6.5 years ago. Though you're lucky, since you live in France. I believe that you've got the second biggest manga market in the world, after Japan. Ours is only third, and the drop off is huge. Don't even get me started on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure here and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in France...
    Last edited by Imitorar; May 06, 2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imitorar View Post
    Because MangaHelpers also serves as an archive site. They're there, true. But we want them here as well. It provides a centralized location for everything, so that you have the scanlator's website AND MangaHelpers as resources.
    <hr noshade size="1">

And it was the fear of that happening that prompted Null not to drop the project 6.5 years ago. Though you're lucky, since you live in France. I believe that you've got the second biggest manga market in the world, after Japan. Ours is only third, and the drop off is huge. Don't even get me started on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure here and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in France...
    Man you guys are so lucky...not that I've looked around the UK for manga but it's safe to say we're nowhere near France or the US...I've been archiving from stuff I find from everyone and I have to say sites like APForums,Kaizoku-Fansubs and Null and MH are amazing and really helped me get my collection going, I wish I lived in Japan so I could contribute to the OP community more...

I actually liked to see a OP site to the level of opwiki but in English cos I think they're doing an amazing job keeping their site to that level and updating it so often; APforum hasn't updated in a while their info on characters and such and onepiecewikia is kinda of mess since anyone can edit so you get a lot of stub articles and that....

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast