Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who would kill the other first?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Akutsu

    9 52.94%
  • Kirihara

    8 47.06%
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67

Thread: Akutsu vs Kirihara

  1. #31
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Tvtropes made me realize what a fucked up bastard Atobe is (still love him though)

    He's a draco in leather pants, his fangirls ignore the fact that he purposely tried to destroy someones arm, Yukimura is also a draco in leather pants

    PoT tropes are awesome...Inui and his batman gambits, Akaya being a blood knight, all of Rikkai being knight templars, Ryoma is a god mode sue
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid/Salamanca
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Akutsu. Ryoma won that match ONLY because he was the main character, Akutsu played better.
    Akutsu it's absolutely great

  3. #33
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    Akutsu. Ryoma won that match ONLY because he was the main character, Akutsu played better.
    Akutsu it's absolutely great
    Um no he didn't

    You can't go writing off all of the main characters victories has plot devices, Ryoma only had one match where the plot really saved his ass and that was the final.

    Akutsu does not play too smart he plays on instinct, that's good but tennis is a tactical game (see Murray, Andy) and Ryoma was more tactical because he practiced, he had the ability to win but not the tactics and this is why Ryoma won.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  4. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    Um no he didn't

    You can't go writing off all of the main characters victories has plot devices, Ryoma only had one match where the plot really saved his ass and that was the final.

    Akutsu does not play too smart he plays on instinct, that's good but tennis is a tactical game (see Murray, Andy) and Ryoma was more tactical because he practiced, he had the ability to win but not the tactics and this is why Ryoma won.
    Maybe when Echizen loses an official and real tennis means something in PoT, you will be right. Echizen wins, that's that. There is nothing else to it.

  5. #35
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Ryoma baits Akutsu with a drive A, Akutsu does a poor lob he uses a drop volley, nothing hax about it.

    T.a.c.t.i.c.s

    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Atobe the king; June 15, 2009 at 11:34 PM.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  6. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Let's be fair, Ryoma does have some plot hax in every single match.
    But let's be more fair, every single match in the manga has plot hax. Why did Sanada beat Tezuka? Because Konomi wanted to make rikkai look threatening.

    So saying that X match doesn't count because of plot hax is like saying that the entire series doesn't count. The entire series is an infinite loop of plot haxes.

    So therefore, we should always ignore plot haxes when judging a character's skill.

    Because if we really stop to analyze the haxes, then we'll come to the conclusion that Horio could beat Yukimura if it was all up to him and Seigaku was losing 2-0.

  7. #37
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Lol..TV tropes is also your bible right? thus i think a better term than plothax would be "Batman Gambit" .
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  8. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Lol, good point. Also, I think we should note that people from Seigaku are the only ones allowed to gain a ThemeMusicPowerUp, and that probably counts for something.

    Kirihara is the BloodyKnight, but does Akutsu have a corresponding trope?

  9. #39
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Just to directly answer the topic of this thread, as far as we know, Kirihara would destroy Akutsu. Who knows? Akutsu might have gotten serious about tennis and gotten twice as good. But minus speculation and looking at cannon, Kirihara would win.

    But on another note, there's no proof that Akutsu is better/faster than Kenya. Show me evidence if you want to make that argument. It seems to me that, honestly, most of the things you say are just speculation.

    On the Zaizen argument, I believe he's ok, but overrated at the same time. He is considered a genius, but he was embarrassed because he wasn't even close to returning Tezuka's ball. You say that you can't judge his skill based on one swing, but you also can't judge his skill on just his title. Oshitari is called a genius. Do you think that he can stand on par with Tezuka and Chitose? Honestly, I doubt it. So far the only one that I've seen able to hold the title "genius" is Fuji. I may be biased, but I think that everyone can agree he can back that title up.

  10. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Let's be fair, Ryoma does have some plot hax in every single match.
    But let's be more fair, every single match in the manga has plot hax. Why did Sanada beat Tezuka? Because Konomi wanted to make rikkai look threatening.

    So saying that X match doesn't count because of plot hax is like saying that the entire series doesn't count. The entire series is an infinite loop of plot haxes.

    So therefore, we should always ignore plot haxes when judging a character's skill.

    Because if we really stop to analyze the haxes, then we'll come to the conclusion that Horio could beat Yukimura if it was all up to him and Seigaku was losing 2-0.
    It isn't even about the plot. It is about Echizen not being allowed to lose. Konomi wont let him. So how can you even compare the skill of anybody who played against Echizen, who beat everyone in the series? For once I will use a RL situation.

    Say Roddick loses to Federer, Djokovic loses to Federer, and Nadal loses to Federer.

    Does that mean you can judge a match between Roddick and Djokovic by looking at how they played against Federer? No. You can only look at the playstyle of both players. NOT what happened in the match.

    You can't say "Well Federer got Roddick on this drop volley, so that means Djokovic and Nadal will beat him." You can't judge like that. You must only look at how the two playstyles will fair against one another.

  11. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid/Salamanca
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    In fact, Nadal defeats them all XD
    Well, I don't think we should be angry because Ryoma will always win, this is a shonen. Akutsu was other victim of that fact.
    But the fact is that we have only seen 1 match of Akutsu,against Ryoma. Kirihara also played his first match VS Ryoma, but we have seen their matches against Fuji, Krauser and Kaido-Inui too. So I think we don´t have enough arguments to study the evolve of Akutsu
    Last edited by javimgol; June 16, 2009 at 11:09 AM.

  12. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    But the fact is that we have only seen 1 match of Akutsu,against Ryoma. Kirihara also played his first match VS Ryoma, but we have seen their matches against Fuji, Krauser and Kaido-Inui too. So I think we don´t have enough arguments to study the evolve of Akutsu
    I know, and that is my point. This is just taking the two play-styles and comparing them.

  13. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid/Salamanca
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I know, and that is my point. This is just taking the two play-styles and comparing them.
    Well, if you are talking about unfair play, you shouldn´t forget about Higa.
    In the court I think Kirihara it's more agressive and mad; Akutsu, in the match, was shown as an excellent player, not extremely agressive. He could reach all the balls, was powerful, with good abilities...but he didn´t want to crucify Ryoma like Kirihara did with Krauser
    But outside the court, obviously Akutsu it's more dangerous

  14. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Outside of the court, Akutsu would literally kill Kirihara. But I don't know, Akutsu is pretty flippin aggressive when he is serious and the guy flies around the court like it's easy.

  15. #45
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Akutsu vs Kirihara

    Akutsu would probably own the entire cast except maybe Higa and Sanada outside of the courts.

    People tend to forget that he was a martial arts prodigy as well.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts