Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who did Reika ask gantz to revive?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Korono

25 83.33%
  • Suzuki

5 16.67%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did Reika ask Gantz to revive Kurono or Suzuki?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Reika as Gantz to revive Korono or Suzuki.

Quote Originally Posted by kozar927 View Post
    Title says it all.
    Prediction thread has been bogged down with this argument for too long so lets take it over here
    make your votes

Mine is the obvious:

She asked gantz to revive Korono.
    lol you totally stole this from my idea

oh well i guess since its aiding the "kurono-was-the-one-reika-tried-to-revive-and-you-have-to-be-blind-not-to-see-that" idea

i guess its all good =P

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol rly? sry I didnt see what your refering too ... didnt mean to copy you =P
    but glad to have you on board with the you would haveto be blind not to see it theory lmao
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But Reika did say the oldman. I'm thinking maybe Gantz is telepathetic
    and read her mind. And saw that she really wanted Kurono. If not
    Gantz did a halfassed jog again. It would've been better if Akira was revived.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kaliayev: Yeah, we're just arguing semantics; while the whole group was in the room, she asked to revive the Old Man. However, when she came back to the room, she started to ask Gantz to revive Suzuki, but she changed her mind before she completed saying his name. Gantz didn't just assume that she was talking about Old Man, so she was able to change her mind and get her own Kei, instead.

Nobody is voting about the original request; we all know that she asked for Suzuki before Gantz crashed. We're all arguing and voting about whether she asked for him to be revived again, when she was alone with Gantz, and Gantz just revived the wrong person, or if Reika deliberately asked Gantz to revive Kei instead of the Old Man. Most of us think that since she had just given the first name, Gantz hadn't started rezzing him yet, and she was able to change her request. Therefore, she asked Gantz to revive Kurono when it counted.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh there's actually a thread for this. And I can't help to think it's fairly obvious that she did ask Kurono. Hell the rejection foreshadowed this imo and while I hoped that it wouldn't turn out this way it just had to happen. If she didn't change it to Kurono there was no point in Gantz fucking up and her going alone. Hell he created this whole scene so she could walk bye herself in that room to get her own Kurono so that she wouldn't have needed to ressurect him in front of Kurono or succumb under peer pressure of him ressing others. That was just to convenient and when I saw her walking in that room bye her own with an unknown guy in the room I already knew how late it was.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara84 View Post
    Oh there's actually a thread for this. And I can't help to think it's fairly obvious that she did ask Kurono. Hell the rejection foreshadowed this imo and while I hoped that it wouldn't turn out this way it just had to happen. If she didn't change it to Kurono there was no point in Gantz fucking up and her going alone. Hell he created this whole scene so she could walk bye herself in that room to get her own Kurono so that she wouldn't have needed to ressurect him in front of Kurono or succumb under peer pressure of him ressing others. That was just to convenient and when I saw her walking in that room bye her own with an unknown guy in the room I already knew how late it was.
    That's exactly what I think! Oku wouldn't do the whole chapter about Reika getting rejected and then another one like this just to make it out that Gantz "read what was truly in her heart" and revived Kei...
    I think the only reason we're even discussing this is because we have nothing else to talk about

Quote Originally Posted by georgemarvin View Post
    Most of us think that since she had just given the first name, Gantz hadn't started rezzing him yet.
    Right. The odds of there being another Suzuki in the room are very big; maybe Gantz needs a full name to rezz someone, unless they have give a nickname. I mean, there's probably only one "Cherry" or "Old Man". But she specifically stated "Suzuki ...." so she probably changed her mind. I don't even know why we're arguing this since I think it's almost certain that she said "Kei Kurono" immediately afterwards.

Plus, this whole thing about her "wanting" to revive Kei and "Gantz reading the emotions in her heart" is crap in my opinion: I mean, how many times has Gantz done something that the Gantzers actually wanted? He screws people over whenever he has a chance.
    Last edited by BrazilianGantzer; April 24, 2009 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all about the chip in their heads, I would say. Reika felt something in her heart/emotions and went to her head and went to the chip and the word Kurono was never uttered out loud. Gantz was then thinking, "Old Man nahhh, we both want Kurono."

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

She asked for kurono to be rezzed, its obvious shes fully in love with him, and with no one in the room why not? what would've been funny is if she said suzuki and david suzuki showed up.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well this is no useless. we got our proof
    and we WON!
    yah told yall she said korono YAHHHHH!!!

lol

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reika is a real bitch, I hope she gets whats coming to her.
    A brutal death, with no one to care for her or shed a tear.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cassaruby View Post
    It's all about the chip in their heads, I would say. Reika felt something in her heart/emotions and went to her head and went to the chip and the word Kurono was never uttered out loud. Gantz was then thinking, "Old Man nahhh, we both want Kurono."
    I won't say "I told ya so"......ah, Hell....I told ya so!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you serious phew... kinda funny.

She says she chose him, my arguement is she chose him by saying Suzuki and choosing Kurono in her head.

What didn't happen:
    Gantz: can you say who you want revived?
    Reika: Kurono

What did happen:
    Gantz: So, who was it?
    Reika: Suzuki..................................

I stated that Reika choose Kurono in her heart and mind, yet didn't speak is name verbally. Gantz picked up on this a granted Reika Kurono (with only Suzuki spoken).

So, you told me so, and you guys won? seriously? I don't believe you yet.
    Last edited by cassaruby; May 03, 2009 at 01:26 PM.

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

your just flat out wrong...
    FACT
    your idea makes 0 sence why would anyone belive your pchyic theory when we can belive an obvious 1

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess is more easy to think that she said "Kei Kurono" off screen instead of Gantz searching the real answer on her japanese idol mind.

She could have said that Gantz made a mistake and she did asked for Suzuki and instead he was "revived"...but no, she takes all the guilt.

I doubt Kurono really wanted to bring back Nishi instead of Kei or Sakuraoka, but he choosed him for the good of the team, and Gantz gladly brought him back.

Now all of sudden Gantz starts to read people's minds instead of just reviving in the easy way? I don't think so.

Anyway if this chapter doesn't change your mind, nothing will, unless of course Oku explains it literally in a "second phase story summary" (they always came on when there are double-pages covers).
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

19. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just think the chances of it being said off screen are lower than her actually only saying Suzuki.

Reika is the only one so far to revive someone when she really really really wanted someone else. It was peer pressure from Kurono. He was staring at her when she first chose.

Gantz knows more about them than just simple surveillance, I would say. So, it's just as crazy for me to believe it was said off screen. Based on all the emotions going on and mystery of gantz abilities, I don't think it was psychic, but that's a possiblilty. I figure he can read more into their thoughts/data/whatever then it shows.

When it comes to Gantz searching japanese idol mind, it's more simple than that theory. He just chose what she really wanted (pretty obvious what she wanted), and Gantz gave her what she wanted.

It wasn't hinted very well either that it was said off screen, so I'm taking it at face value, that Gantz chose Kurono, even though Reika verbally said Suzuki.

I'd say that's a strong enough fact in the last sentence, to say... you didn't win yet

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast