Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: This week (Roads 72-73-74-75) discussion and predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member "~Mail~"'s Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Re: This week (Roads 72-73-74-75) discussion and predictions

I'm back (in terminator mode)

Quote Originally Posted by Pehu View Post
    Yeah, that line made me sure that ~Mail~ will not be satisfied with this chapter. I'm ready for his posts already.
    You're correct, but this time it gonna be short. Prodigy is someone whom can adapt and learn, not copy-only. Its like [Naruto]Copy-Kakashi with Naruto mind level (before he learns the true value of his jutsu)

Quote Originally Posted by angel1980 View Post
    According to wiki, the history of the Spanish Derby (aka El Clásico ("The Classic") aka El derbi español) has been more or less even for the teams involved:

Team_________Win Draw Loss Goals for
    --------------------------------------------
    Real Madrid_____68__30__59__260
    FC Barcelona____59__30__68__236
    --------------------------------------------
    That true, its a rivalry that is kind of boring when the team only wins at their home-soil but lose out at the opponent home game. But from my records (which is blurry), R Madrid have won once or twice at Nou Camp.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaBla View Post
    izawa and tsubasa were both game makers in nankatsu
    But Tsubasa is starting the rythm, not Izawa. Game maker control@start the flow, not just passing around w/o meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi Suzumiya View Post
    Natureza:"nope,the air feels just as bad as usual today,the birds told me that too"

huh?Natureza can talk to birds ? I think that it's a little too....surnatural .
    If Natureza win all his games and be god-like, then I'll be hating him as much as Tsubasa. But his 1st duel w/ Tsubasa is a loss which make me rooting for him little bit more (but to be able to score like eating a apple is kind what annoying).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Silen's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This week (Roads 72-73-74-75) discussion and predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    Road 72: The most interesting moment for me was the supporters' reaction towards Gonzales.
    i too have been shocked by supporter's reaction, someone told Gonzales he have to die for his mistake

No words or thoughts from Gonzales when he ran...
    when I was translating page 4 and saw him running with that dark cowl in the head,
    i got really scared, because he suddenly remembered me Grandma Sugimoto...

BTW after having called her loud, now I think that all mangahelpers forums needs an exorcism

@Pehu

i can easily tell you that very few foreign players can speak italian so well,
    and not only after a couple of months, because there are some who aren't
    good at putting a couple of words together after years in clubs
    it's so funny to listen at tv interviews after matches

i would say that takahashi took a poetic license
    Last edited by Silen; April 26, 2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Pehu: That's not a way to describe a brazilian player, Almieja, Rivaul and Santana are brazilian and they can't talk to birds.
    Read the chapter where he's appearing in World Youth again. He already had that kind of link with nature, hence his name.
    Moreover, we can't really tell if it's indeed a mystic link... Or just something he made up.

Silen: That's weird and funny to see how they resemble each other here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tachyon's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

More of this mystic link stuff? I thought it had died with the World Youth and that fortune teller. Well, Takahashi does like to include silly stuff at times, just to make the story look more dramatic, and fill a few more pages .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Silen's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

what I didn't mention is even more scary
    because there's a real living man in Italy who looks like Granma Sugimoto
    and, more, he claims himself like a "magician" and fortune teller
    (but, of course, he is only a quack and many people say he brings misfortunes,
    and like Ataru of Urusei Yatsura, black cats keep far away from him )
    look at this and tell me if the two don't look like each other
    that's why i always say Granma Otelma

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alexandrius's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

The almost names crack me up. Rail and Fago, I lawld.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Tachyon: It's not "more", it was already part of Natureza's personality. Takahashi just can't throw it away suddenly. Or Natureza would become just another good brazilian player among good brazilian players. And as I've said, you can believe him or not. It's not like we actually saw the birds talking to him.

Silen: With the outfit, he looks much more like a showman than Kumi's grandma

Alexandrius: They're not the last you're going to see... But I guess that this is a good way to have a bunch of great players without having to make a backstory or full introduction for all of them.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member angel1980's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish Tsubasa a defeat against Naturezza but I don't think it'll happen because it's Tsubasa's first match with the real Barca so he just can't lose.

The only time Tsubasa has ever lost is in the juvenile national tournament. Then, every match with Tsubasa, it's either

- Tsubasa and team are suppressed but miraculously come back at the last moment

or

- Tsubasa "owns" everybody on the other team

About Huyga's learning Italian, I find that strange too. Most pro soccer players are not very bright. Most don't go to college and even when they are in school, they probably don't pay attention much to learning or training their brains.

p.s. Finally, I stop being a "beginner."
    Last edited by angel1980; April 26, 2009 at 05:08 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This week (Roads 72-73) discussion and predictions

elderamy: Why do you hate Hyuga?
    heheehe!!! I guess I've seen captain tsubasa too many times, at least the ones where Hyuga was the rival!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinji, sorry if I didn't made myself clear, I know that it's just Natureza that was described like this. I just had to criticize this silly stuff, because he would never make something like this for a player from another country.

The pure idea of someone who plays soccer so well, even while playing with stones, coconuts, balls of fur and etc, just because he is brazilian, is pretty much how japanese people see soccer in Brazil. That's all Zico's fault, anyway. But they have this wrong image on their mind that every soccer player from Brazil is pretty much a genius, and even pay lots of money for players that here, on Brazil, actually sux.

That's my only complaint regarding the way they describe brazilians on his mangá.

@Silen: That's what I thought. Like I said, if italian is hard for players from other countries, for japanese persons that would be even harder, because of the linguistic divergencies. Anyway, there are smart soccer players, they just aren't that common. lol

I'm kind of curious to know if Alexandre Pato at least tries to speak italian, because he is what I always considered a smart brazilian soccer player, even during interviews.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Pehu: No, Brazil isn't the only country to have soccer geniuses in the manga.
    Moreover, look at Almieja, or Pepe, they're Brazilians and not exactly geniuses. It's not brazilians, it's Natureza. He could have been african, or australian, but Japan's last opponent was Brazil.

Look at Pierre, he's the only player seen with a rose in his hands in World Youth, like all french people were like that... But it's not like Napoleon is like that too... It's not like he was influenced by how japanese view french players. It's not french people. It's Pierre.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Not for the part of being a genius, it's for the part that describes him as being one with the nature that bothers me.

For him being a genius, do I need a better example than Tsubasa, or Misugi?

The problem for me is that he had to pick a brazilian to be "one with the nature", and all this crap stuff. It bothers me because nobody learns to do all the things that Natureza learnt by playing with a stone, alone, just because he has this mystical crap about him. Never playing real soccer, except for his friends at a forrest far away from civilization, and then entering on the last five minutes of a World Youth final, and doing things that even pros at soccer never did, like scoring agains Genzo from outside of the area... that bothers me. Maybe I do feel toward Natureza what ~Mail~ feels toward Tsubasa, heh.

But he does not describe Leo and Pepe as geniuses, but they kinda of unbalance the J-League just for being together on the same team, while in São Paulo FC, all that they did was thanks to Tsubasa.
    Last edited by Pehu; April 27, 2009 at 01:24 AM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

And again, he's not in touch with nature because he's brazilian, but because he lived in the amazon. He could have been from any other country with wilderness.

And again, you don't know if it's actually a mystic link or just something he makes up. That's a distinctive characteristic of the *character*, just like Hyuga is the tiger, just like Wakashimazu is a karateka... Well, Natureza has nature.
    Last edited by Shinji; April 27, 2009 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping for a quite win of Barça over Madrid...

Guess I'll have to settle for a good game and 3-2 victory for Barça... Either and hattrick or 2 goals and an assist... (Barça will be loosing in the first half of course, but Tsubasa will surely turn the score around...)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abo3omar's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pehu View Post
    he would never make something like this for a player from another country.
    Maybe Owairan can talk to camels
    In ThE NaMe Of God..Allah..I BeGiN & EnD All My PoStS
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast