Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This week (Roads 68-69-70-71) Discussion and Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tachyon's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

This week (Roads 68-69-70-71) Discussion and Predictions

Hyuga has been transferred! But where? Read Chapter 70 to find out.
    Last edited by Tachyon; April 18, 2009 at 02:14 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Road To 2002 Roads 69-70 Discussion/Roads 71-72 Predictions

Not Has been, I believe that he'll be, but he wasn't transferred yet.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member "~Mail~"'s Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, wondering who's interested with Hyuga. I dream of Bayern as this should be suitable for Sanae sudden Champion League dream.

Btw, Barca jersey is too easily thorn apart. Should at least made Tsubasa fall w/o the ending overhead kick.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
    Hyuga has been transferred! But where? Read Chapter 70 to find out.
    as usual... i dont think the next chapter will show where will hyuga be transferred (remember few chapters back , it's the same for shingo and yet we don't where is he transferred)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member angel1980's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Road To 2002 Roads 68-69-70 Discussion/Roads 71-72 Predictions

Instead of

"Chapters x, y Discussions/Chapters z Predictions"

can we do

"This Weekend (04-17) Discussions/Next Weekend Predictions"

or

"090417 Discussions/Next Weekend Predictions"

The suggestion is because the chapters are coming out really quickly. So if you make "Chapters 67, 68 Discussion, Chapters 69-70 Predictions," in just a few hours, you may have to change it to "Chapters 67, 68, 69 Discussions, Chapter 70 Predictions" or a new thread all together.

What do you guys think?

Whoever creates the thread can include the chapters discussed in the first post so that the thread is still searchable.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This week (Roads 68-69-70) Discussion and Predictions

I changed the thread title according to what you suggested.
    Will change it once chapter 71 is released, i think i can make it before the end of the day.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member majed2000's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

what about making a thread for every new volume ?

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I oppose discussion per volume as Shinji may not be able to complete a volume in a few week or so as many unknown issue may arise.

Well, Serie C is well below a Barca B team in term of rating. If Hyuga become the top scorer in Serie C league (remember Italian league goal rate is quite low) by big margin, well that means he can only ascend to Serie B as his development.

Hope his decision doesn't effect his future much.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member angel1980's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Shinji, for taking my suggestion and for the MANY releases!

The last few chapters feel kinda slow. I guess we get some plot development. I'm looking forward to Rivaul (with or without Tsubasa) playing against Naturezza. Probably won't happen any time soon. Will need at least a few more chapters for Tsubasa to get to the top team. And there's also the Huyga story.

I notice that author's style has been changing. In the beginning, he focused more on the motions (i.e. the progression) of the actions. You can see this in, say, the Juvenile National arc. Lately, the author, however, has been taking snap shots of actions. I think the "snap shot" approach produces more pretty frames but reduces the excitement of the actions, at least for me.

In a larger scale, the author does a similar thing. He used to detail the match more much carefully. Now, we get mostly highlights.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

well ,it was gust a suggestion .
    about the new chapters ,it was shock to me knowing hyuga will transfer to another team ,i thought at first that aoi will be transferred to hyuga's team ,know hyuga will transfer to serie c !!!!! ... anyway the coach said that he and mazz have the same opinion and we don't what is that opinion yet mybay let him n the same team n serie B or somthing .... i think we will know that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by angel1980 View Post
    I notice that author's style has been changing. In the beginning, he focused more on the motions (i.e. the progression) of the actions. You can see this in, say, the Juvenile National arc. Lately, the author, however, has been taking snap shots of actions. I think the "snap shot" approach produces more pretty frames but reduces the excitement of the actions, at least for me.

In a larger scale, the author does a similar thing. He used to detail the match more much carefully. Now, we get mostly highlights.
    totally agree
    Last edited by majed2000; April 19, 2009 at 09:01 AM.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This week (Roads 68-69-70-71) Discussion and Predictions

Haha, the reality of football.. A simple miss kick will down any team morale.. But why Japan never have this moment when Tsubasa are in it is very discouraging to any opponent.

Comment anyone? Other than "this is CT, deal with it!" crap.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Okaaaay, now that i think i won't be releasing anymore chapter this week end, I can add my two cents.

Road 68: Great goal, Tsubasa shaking himself free, then going for an overhead with his uniform torn appart... That was a great display of fighting spirit.
    Road 69: So Van Saal and Rivaul have a deep connexion of mutual trust. I guess that's something Tsubasa doesn't have yet, although he must have scored some points on this side recently. Good cliffhanger in the end, even though I released the next chapter soon afterwards
    Road 70: Nice twist for Hyuga. Since he's not ready for the Serie A, I guess it was inevitable for him to gain experience somewhere else. But below Akai, that was unexpected.
    Road 71: Now that's bad luck for Barca... 1 draw, 2 losses... 1 point in three days, when you think that Valencia probably has 4 to 7 points now unless they had some bad luck as well. And Rivaul probably can't play in the next match. Will Tsubasa play the next match? Will coach Van Saal be forced to retire?

Now, about what you've said:
    angel1980: Well, since Hyuga fell to serie C, Tsubasa to Barca B, who knows if Natureza is in the Liga yet? After all he comes from nowhere, unlike Santana who's pretty famous in the brazilian league.

I do agree that the action somehow changed with larger pictures, but I don't think that Takahashi changed how he details the matches. From the beginning, Takahashi was showing only the highlights or skipping it if the match wasn't worth it.
    If you take previous arcs, easy victories always had only some highlights or not at all (prefecture tournaments comes to mind), matches not involving Nankatsu or Japan were always pretty short (take Furano vs Minamiuwa), and disaster matches like this one were often skipped (Japan versus Bremen, Holland, RJ7)
    Thing is, Takahashi's style is about characters. Take a team full of characters like Nankatsu, and opponents with at least 4 characters like Toho, you can have a detailed match. Take "one-man-teams" and the action will be centered on them.

majed2000: Their opinion is that it's for Hyuga to decide, they already said it ^_^;;

"~Mail~": Your question is kind of illogical. This happened when Rivaul left the field. So it would just be logical that this kind of situation would only happen to Japan if Tsubasa was absent or had to leave the field as well.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

thank u shinji 4 making it clear 4 me ,but what i can't understand why he can't play juventus B or C.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I could be mistaken since I'm not a soccer encyclopedia, but I don't think that Juventus has a serie B team or a serie C team... They just have a primavera team.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Silen's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

you are supposing right, shinji
    in italy it doesn't exist first and second team as Barcellona A and B could be
    there's the main team, then primavera and go on with age-related teams

any "first" big team can be lowered for any reason, not only some players
    look, for example, the same Juventus, when was punished for some
    illegal affairs and played one championship in Serie B, or Genoa in Serie C

today i had some relatives at home for the whole day
    I'll start translate again tomorrow

17. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast