Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: This week (Roads 72-73-74-75) discussion and predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tachyon's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This week (Roads 72-73-74-75) discussion and predictions

Honestly, I wouldn't be proud of stealing somebody else's technique; it'll just prove that I lack creativity. :P

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not like Tsubasa steal because of a lack of creativity anyway.
    And even if a player lacks creativity, why should he be ashamed of being skilled enough to do what his opponent did?
    Should Nitta be ashamed because he copied the Volley Shoot from Tsubasa?
    Should Misugi be ashamed because he copied the Drive Shoot and the Flying Drive Shoot from Tubasa?
    Should Aoi be ashamed because he copied Gullit's feint?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alexandrius's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that Tsubasa is able to copy all of these techniques just provides proof to the fact that he's a prodigy. You might not like it or not, but you have to be a genius to do stuff like that off the bat. Though I am disappointed by this manga, it's not exactly Whistle when it comes to reality. But people might not read it for the realistic feel. I wonder how well "real" players are going to play in the Real Madrid match.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Blabble's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

if you're looking for realistic soccer manga, you're in the wrong place mate. Ct was never meant to be realistic.

Here are some suggestions.

-Whistle as you mentioned.
    -Shoot!
    -Gol Den Age
    -Fantasista

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read them all, it was just when I started reading CT I thought it'd be more like Fantasista or Whistle. It's interesting enough, but I prefer the inbetween matches shit when I read CT.

Also, CT art is crap. Seriously, I sometimes have a hard time telling the characters apart. Not anymore, considering I now finally read it all, but it's still confusing from times to times.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just not a generic-standardized-manga-art.

Indeed, CT is not supposed to be realistic. That is its strongest point for me, just like I read Eyeshield 21 for things like Trident tackle, Devil bat's 4th dimension, God-speed impulse or things like that. Though it's not going "too" far, like Prince of Tennis characters going super sayans.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrius View Post
    I've read them all, it was just when I started reading CT I thought it'd be more like Fantasista or Whistle. It's interesting enough, but I prefer the inbetween matches shit when I read CT.

Also, CT art is crap. Seriously, I sometimes have a hard time telling the characters apart. Not anymore, considering I now finally read it all, but it's still confusing from times to times.
    it's not crap. it just have an old school style. remember takahashi yoichi is from an old generation of mangakas (1940-50) along with go nagai and kurumada. they are among the most influential mangakas of all time.
    if ur interested what happens in between matches, shoot is a good example of that, but i dont want ct to have pointless fillers. if i want a nice story, i read shoot, but if i want over the top matches, i read ct.

what i meant is, it's not for new readers, most of us know the ct anime from our childhood.
    Last edited by Blabble; April 29, 2009 at 08:40 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    Callusias may be better than Salinas, but he won't be facing All Japan Jr. Youth
    No, he'll be facing only Tsubasa

It's just not a generic-standardized-manga-art.

Indeed, CT is not supposed to be realistic. That is its strongest point for me, just like I read Eyeshield 21 for things like Trident tackle, Devil bat's 4th dimension, God-speed impulse or things like that. Though it's not going "too" far, like Prince of Tennis characters going super sayans.
    Personally, I've read other football mangas and despite their advantages in in-depth story, art detail and impression or the so hyped realism factor, I find CT overall better. Whether it's having known it for so long or the supernatural techniques, I can't really say - probably both. But surely you would prefer a Raiju Shot to a strong mid-range shot or the Devilbat 4th Dimension to a quick cut.
    Last edited by chaos_master; April 29, 2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

i think what attracts me to ct is the fluid art style i guess

things happen in an instant and don't bullshit around

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

So, you think that the All Japan Youth squad is better than Barca?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

That wasn't exactly the point I was trying to make. Rivaul looked like the only driving element of the current Barca and he doesn't look that much better than Tsubasa. The results Barca had until now suggest that they actually do rely on only one man to do the majority of work and against Barca that man will be Tsubasa. So in effect, the confrontation for Barca's goals will be Casillas versus Tsubasa and the latter had a very hard time against Salinas. He was limited by Brazil's players, but I expect nothing less from Real Madrid. So in short, I don't expect Tsubasa to be able to do that much more against Casillas compared to his chances against Salinas. If he does, then either Casillas is suggested to be worse than Salinas or Tsubasa has gotten to a level where he should be able to score a bunch of goal against any side in the world in any given game.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

So, you think that the All Japan Youth squad is better than Barca?
    If we were to put the All Japan Youth portrayed in CT against todays Barcelona, they'd run over them. Steamrolling style. I'm sure Hyuga would break the defense players in half.

But, I'm not really reading this for the realism. I don't read Eyeshield 21 for the realism either. The matches are alright and entertaining enough, what interests me is watching Tsubasa becoming the best player in the world.

Well, if you put him in the world right now, I'm sure he'd be better than everyone else.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

chaos_master: What is happening when Tsubasa is a game maker? The other players qualities and specialties are sublimed.

If you remember Barca B, the team was supposed to be nothing much in comparison to the others. The only real player was Tsubasa. And yet, Tsubasa's teammates scored more than 12 goals in 3 matches.

And now the team we're talking about is a team of pro players.

Barca is indeed crumbling when their game maker isn't here. But, remember their match against Valencia, very active defense, Grandios luring the opponents, Luikal scoring.

Finally, I wonder when did Salinas give any trouble to Tsubasa. His shoot/goal ratio was something like 75%... He was safe mostly because Japan couldn't attack and Tsubasa was cornered in front of his goal.

Alexandrius: I'm not talking about the real life Barca, but the manga's Barca. If you have indeed read the previous volumes, you have seen Hyuga's performance against pro players. He was the one who was broken in half.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abo3omar's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrius View Post
    If we were to put the All Japan Youth portrayed in CT against todays Barcelona, they'd run over them. Steamrolling style. I'm sure Hyuga would break the defense players in half.
    XXL LOL
    In ThE NaMe Of God..Allah..I BeGiN & EnD All My PoStS
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tachyon's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not like Tsubasa steal because of a lack of creativity anyway.
    And even if a player lacks creativity, why should he be ashamed of being skilled enough to do what his opponent did?
    Should Nitta be ashamed because he copied the Volley Shoot from Tsubasa?
    Should Misugi be ashamed because he copied the Drive Shoot and the Flying Drive Shoot from Tubasa?
    Should Aoi be ashamed because he copied Gullit's feint?
    Point taken, except that the Volley shoot is pretty much a standard shot straight out of the coaching manual. So, it's natural for every striker to learn that.

Regarding the Drive shot, it seems to be something the more adept players are capable of pulling off. Even Owairan managed to do it; and he seemed to have already mastered it before. So, it's not exactly a unique shot.

The Flying Drive shot and Skydive have only been done by Tsubasa, so full points on the creativity scale there.
    Last edited by Tachyon; April 29, 2009 at 11:13 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast