Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Looking back from the future?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member TitaniumChloride's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking back from the future?

The part where Allen seemed to be reminiscing about events from sometime far off (e.g "I recited those words as though they were some kind of charm") seemed to be very foreboding. It's almost like hinting things got from 'there's a bad feeling in the air' to 'horribly, horribly wrong'.

The only other one of this kind of narration I can remember is "That was the last anyone saw of Cross Marian".

Does anyone know if there's more of this kind of narration? Also, when do you think Allen is doing these reminiscents from? I'm kinda hoping it's not from after the war. ><

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking back from the future?

maybe Allen survives the war and he's thinking back afterwards

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is after the war, then it really sounds like they lost. :/

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member andrewsungchehau's Avatar
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's after the war but it could be. I think it's just what Allen think at the same time when he is saying talking to someone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think from the way Hoshino put it that it's a hint that the opposite is going to happen, and in the soon future, I think it's a way to start telling Kanda's story, and it's not only about Kanda's past but also his future, like saying he's not going to have a happy future if you consider Zuu's thoughts right after he heard Allen's words...

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi View Post
    I think from the way Hoshino put it that it's a hint that the opposite is going to happen, and in the soon future, I think it's a way to start telling Kanda's story, and it's not only about Kanda's past but also his future, like saying he's not going to have a happy future if you consider Zuu's thoughts right after he heard Allen's words...
    I really, really hope so. But Allen had been saying/thinking odd things lately. "As long as I keep believing...that someday... That day will come..." is an example.

...or I'm just over-analyzing and that bit could be him just looking forward to being with Mana again. Or something. With DGM, it's so hard to be sure. *sighs*

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply