Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: Otaku Cafe Hangout

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Otaku Cafe Hangout

It´s not really on hiatus as far as i know. It´s just that Miura has a rather unique schedule.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate when I come across interesting looking covers for series and such but no way to directly read it. (罪色の環 -リジャッジメント-) which from my brief time a series with suspense type plot and some fairly positive reviews on another jp site.
    Last edited by SharkBait; June 23, 2014 at 01:51 PM.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on the premise and the character design of the cover, it looks like Tumiiro no Wa can easily adapt into a 12 episode series or a movie.

The light novel is the debut work of the author according to its Wiki page so it might be difficult to come across translations right now. Hopefully it will get well-received enough to reach a wider audience both in Japan and abroad.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the rising status of Ken Nishikori will spark a new interest in tennis that would create another popular series to stand alongside PoT. Someone might as well take the opportunity now.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I wonder if the rising status of Ken Nishikori will spark a new interest in tennis that would create another popular series to stand alongside PoT. Someone might as well take the opportunity now.
    I wish I had got into PoT as it was coming up, now all I can do is look at all the stuff that PoT got and drool in jealously that people got all these blankets, and other merchandise all these years.

Thankfully the same is happening with Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love, and Ive been on the good end of that to keep getting lots of stuff as it comes. Best.

Is there really only Baby Steps and Prince of Tennis in the Tennis series market?

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Old Wizard Eyes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Debinding?

Hey everybody, I just have a quick question.

There is a series I'm looking to pick up, but all of the magazine scans of it are in pretty bad quality and it would take a lot more editing than should be necessary for me to release even one chapter. I am currently planning to purchase the collected volumes, but I wanted to ask this before hand.

I would have to debind the books to get a proper scan, correct? I like being able to physically touch all of my manga, so if this is the case than I want to purchase two copies of each (One copy to debind and scan, another copy to put on my shelf)

Also, what do you guys usually do with your debound copies once you are finished with them? do you just throw them away, do you hang on to them, or do you have anything neat you sometimes like to do? I'm trying to get some ideas of what I can use all of the pages for later on.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I wish I had got into PoT as it was coming up, now all I can do is look at all the stuff that PoT got and drool in jealously that people got all these blankets, and other merchandise all these years.

Thankfully the same is happening with Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love, and Ive been on the good end of that to keep getting lots of stuff as it comes. Best.

Is there really only Baby Steps and Prince of Tennis in the Tennis series market?
    It's too bad that trends in Japan change at a rapid pace. What might be cool now won't be talked about a year later. :/ The best way to get PoT merchandise is second hand stores probably.

Hmmm... I can't think of any other examples where tennis was the theme.

If tennis becomes popular, it will most likely be because of Nishikori rather than any manga/anime. It's a different case from the popularity of Go when Hikaru no Go was published since there's no "star" so to speak... at least imo

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if we have an "anime and manga childhood crush" thread? I think destiny4ever made one, but it seems it was not under such a name, or I might be wrong? I do think such a thread will be useful so if there is none I can make it, I already want to mention Lillymon as my childhood anime crush.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

that's interesting. i had a ton of bishie crushes

New Reply
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21