Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Otaku Cafe Hangout

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Otaku Cafe Hangout

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    One of the SBS questions from ONE PIECE's tankobons has someone mentioning to Oda that whoever is talking in the panels always has their mouth open- i.e., you'll never see someone next to a speech bubble with their mouth in a straight line. I then flipped through a random copy of JUMP and noticed that there are surprisingly several series that have their characters talk even though their lips aren't moving.

At first I never noticed this detail, but now it has become pretty distracting.

Has anyone noticed this or other similar patterns in manga?
    I notice it from time to time. It always struck me as odd, though it's understandable in a way. Some people just don't open their mouth wide enough and start to mumble or something. So if it reflects the character's personality or fits the situation (when they whisper f.ex.), I don't mind, but in general, it looks strange...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's okay if the character's mouths are o: rather than O: to show that they are mumbling or not shouting. However, it becomes really strange when the characters are talking when their mouths are |:.

Nevertheless I didn't notice it until recently so I guess it's something where you don't see something until someone points it out (for me, anyway).

Spoiler: Sort of like this image show

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The first voting round has started so please cast your votes in the Mangahelpers Anime Awards 2012 guys!

Your favourites won't win if you don't support them

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 31TeV's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Raw Manga Online

Does anybody know somewhere that I can read manga (specifically One Piece and Naruto) online in its raw Japanese form? Ironically it's much harder to find that than the translated stuff.

Sorry if there's already a thread about this, but I couldn't find it using search.

EDIT: Oh, and preferably something that's released at the same time as the scanlations.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raw Manga Online

Quote Originally Posted by 31TeV View Post
    Does anybody know somewhere that I can read manga (specifically One Piece and Naruto) online in its raw Japanese form? Ironically it's much harder to find that than the translated stuff.

Sorry if there's already a thread about this, but I couldn't find it using search.

EDIT: Oh, and preferably something that's released at the same time as the scanlations.
    u can find raws to download thou whether there is a site which uploads raw for the holy trinity is slim. translations come out fast enough for many sites not to even consider it.

this is the only site ı know to have raw of some famous manga. maybe if you are fast enough they may have them raw.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raw Manga Online

Quote Originally Posted by 31TeV View Post

There are several Manga aggregator sites which upload raws of One Piece and Naruto, but rarely they're storing every raw chapters from the first chapter. Most of them are only keeping the latest raws for several weeks at most. If you seek for raw releases from the beginning, you can always choose the tankobon version instead of single chapter.

Normally it's quite difficult - or probably almost impossible - to find raws for One Piece or Naruto almost at the same time with scanlations since most group are using private raw sources. Public raws usually pop up 1-2 days after the usual scanlation release, though. If we're talking about Manga other than Naruto and One Piece, maybe you could find early raws since the scanlation are probably not as rapid as both of those Manga.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Speak for yourself. I'm making sure HxH doesn't win, it is far too overrated to deserve to win anything.

And Goral, can you like, stop with conspiracy theories? If I recall, it's been like this ever since hte first ever awards - threads get moderated while votes get tallied to retain the surprise. You need to chill and consider things from others' point of view, not just yours.
    Finally someone who agrees with me

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukemuri Ningyo Hime by Konami Chiba

Hi
    Here in my country, Spain, back in 90's, there was released a manga about mermaids:
    Yukemuri Ningyo Hime (湯けむり人形姫 ) by konami chiba, it was very funny and good.

It seems like it hasnt been released in any other country before, only Japan and Spain, but I cant believe it!

Here you've got pics and info about it:
    http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/...rhIL._SL500_.j pg
    http://www.karuishian.com/catalog/im...kimage/1209011 7.jpg
    http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/...JDZeL._SL500_A A300_.jpg
    http://www.listadomanga.es/coleccion.php?id=1243

The complete series is only 3 tankobon, but in spain there was published only the first one using the american comic book format, then it was cancelled.

I would like to know if there was released on others countries. Does anyone knows anything about it?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

When are the results for the awards gonna get announced?

MH Senpai 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Cupid's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I AM FLYING AROUND MH LOOKING FOR LOVE PLEASE JOIN HERE

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there. I just want to invite you to the Collective Reading of Classic Manga Project. We are voting now to select one of these classic comics to be read with all who wants to participate.

20th Century Boys, Akumetsu, Ares, Beck, Eden it's an endless world, GTO, Hellsing, Holyland, Homunculus, Hoshi no Samidare, Houshin Engi, Kokou no Hito, Konjiki no Gash!!, Nausicäa, Parasyte , Planetes, Pluto, Sanctuary, Shigurui , Shin Angyo Onshi , Slam Dunk, Superior/Superior Cross, Touch, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

If you would want to read one of them, you can join us in this project. To know the details, you just have to click the link on my signature.

(Re)reading classic literature is part of our current education and life on society. Why not (re)reading classic comics?

MH's Cutest Bunny 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Easter Bunny's Avatar
    Country
    Christmas Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Member Zone Easter Is Coming...

Hello dear members of MH, a quick post to invite you take part in the Easter Egg Hunt:

Click on the image or follow this link to sign up. Hope to see you there~

EB

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner charizardpal's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

International equivalent of bake updates?

Not sure where to post this, but I'm looking for a place to list non English updates for manga series? My team knows a few languages and is working on A Vietnamese, German, and Spanish series, to name a few, and as we add more translators we could soon work on under served, obscure languages. but Baka updates only lists English releases, so what can we do?

Where do I announce non English updates in obscure languages?

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Batoto actually lists non-english releases. MH used to do it too, not sure if we still update releases here.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on if they want to find a list, or add releases themselves. Batoto only allows registered scanlation group members to add new chapters. If they are not members of the scanlation group, they will not be able to add their chapters at Batoto.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 05, 2013 at 10:40 AM.

New Reply
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast