Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Putting ES21 out of its misery.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Putting ES21 out of its misery.

yeah, but he is a second year. So what is he going to do during his third year?
    ...I mean he could go ahead and graduate, but knowing him he'd rather play one more year.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cHaotix8's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming he wins the MVP, he may just finish his last year of school and go straight into the NFL. Still, Inagaki left the option open for him to always come back and play his third year (He didn't make him a 3rd year in the beginning so I guess that would leave him with some flexibility in the end). It'd be nice if the relationship with Mamori and father helped tie in with his decision.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rsatori's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Hiruma was unable to play for a third year due to the Deimon High School rules?
    Sometimes I think that anime and manga today is all thanks to the Atomic Bombs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsatori View Post
    I thought Hiruma was unable to play for a third year due to the Deimon High School rules?
    That was my point. Maybe he would transfer to another school to play during his third year, and maybe even end up facing Deimon.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well with the one chapter where Musashi talks to Hiruma about the future of Deimon I doubt he'd do that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cHaotix8's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He also has is book of threats. He could do whatever he wants pretty much is what I'm getting at. If Inagaki absolutely didn't want him to continue playing he would of just made them third years but Hiruma can still potentially play.
    Last edited by cHaotix8; April 25, 2009 at 06:00 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lord_BullGod's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Inagaki is one of the better writers of manga. It's really strange to see Eyeshield become this, especially when this arc had so much potential. There is a lot of focus on Gaou and Shin. The German/Japan and USA/India matches were supposed to be long awesome matches that had all kinds of fanservice; watching everyone who has a starting role make some big plays, EVERYBODY contributing to the advancement of the team. You barely get anything out of this incredible Pentagram.

It's rushed and is missing so much of its potential. This could've been the best arc in the whole series, but it's not.

However, going back to my first statement, it's really odd that Inagaki is stinking it up right now. I honestly believe this arc really just took a backseat due to the need to end the series asap. After the Teikkou arc, didn't Eyeshield automatically drop in ratings? It reached its needed climax in the uniting of the original 3 devilbats, and eyeshield being with them to reach the Christmas Bowl, and WIN. The rest is falling action and conclusion. So ending the series soon probably is the strong reason for shitting this storyline up. I guess he's just pulling together the more important points, because I think he has plans for Gaou and Agon to get involved with Sena somehow before the series wraps up.

Also, I guess what us fans can really hope for is that this manga arc gets all of its original potential fulfilled when the sequel series finally arrives and Inagaki really gets to dabble into loads more detail. That is, HOPEFULLY is a sequel series that wraps up the manga comes.
    I like to drink and get shatfaced with the scumdogs of otakubooty.com

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

you guys could actually write questionairres...i'm pretty sure they would count. Even more if they were written in english.
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ryuukendo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Eyeshield21 was a really great manga, but I was quite disappointed by the fact that they didnt show the full game against germany as well as the other games at the world cup.

Plus the "Pentragam" was all talk except for clifford and Don who really played an awesome part, panther only had 2-3 touchdown panels, bud is kinda all-talk, tatanka, greatest linebacker? yeah right, Agon and shin are much much better.

with the half time remaining it would be great if Inagaki comes up with amazing plays to end the game with US.

Im also kinda disappointed with some players like. (yamato, akaba, and Marco) They were my favorite characters yet they seem to fail on this game. yamato's Caesar's charge wasnt shown, akaba wasnt playing, and marco was just a benchwarmer or some sort.

Overall Im disappointed

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The main thing that has put me off this arc (since I haven't read the scanlations) is that it doesn't feel right at all for this series to end (if it indeed does end after this arc; after all, I thought it'd end after the Christmas Bowl) on a cast of mixed characters. I always felt it should end focused solely on the Devil Bats. Just my opinion, but there you go.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member JC123's Avatar
    City of Eternal Darkness, and it ain't Alaska!
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the thing I see... It could have been done right. We love these characters and if we were introduced to more American characters to know their struggle in some way, rather than being blindsided by talk of the best of the best, it could have gone even better. But it's as if the mangaka didn't really have this story planned out and the natural conclusion was the X-mas Bowl. Further, Panther was a minor character that really (IMO) hasn't been explained. We need to see his training with Apollo to understand him, along with the Pentagon, in more than the games on the field. It's more or less, they're the penultimate and we didn't see them work for it. So how do we know they're the best?

Inagaki or whomever dropped the ball. Now all I wish is that somehow all of the Devilbats reunited for one play on the field against this team.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was looking forward to Inagaki blindsiding us with a secret member of the Pentagram. Like a government agent-themed character who comes out of nowhere and takes the game back from Japan. A guy who blends in like a bench-warmer like Ishimaru but really has the calculating ability of Hiruma and the athletic abilities of Agon. Would have been awesome to see a character like that maybe on the Militaria side at least. D:

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Bo Ashi's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It's such a damn waste of a cool story and characters. As said before, it has all gone downhill since the Hakushuu game (wich was just awesome!).

Even the cover art has seen better days. Im so damn tired of seeing Sena in a new pose, with maybe some new enemy in the background. Everything before the Tokyo Tournament was super cool, and mostly of the stuff up to the Hakushuu arc was great as well (Even though we never got that great Gao cover). So many cool characters and events to use, and make great covers from, and STILL we get Sena. Again.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mari~'s Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of misery? I don't know, I still have a lot of fun reading new chapters. Guess I'm alone with that ^^;;

Don't hump my rage ;A;

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member JC123's Avatar
    City of Eternal Darkness, and it ain't Alaska!
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not so much as we haven't had fun with the latest chapters. But when they're compared to the buildups, the tension, the great stories of the first few arcs of ES21, they literally don't compare. Almost as if Inagaki's brain was taken over by space aliens, and they only had basic knowledge of the depth he's capable of. I put more blame on the editors than Inagaki himself. It just seemed he put so much into making Gaou, unstoppable with Kurita coming up to take him down. A tall receiver with self esteem issues in Sakuraba versus a short but determined monkey in Monta. The brass and crude Agon versus the humble and nervous Sena. These were great matchups that we could see evolve before our eyes.

Now, it's just... Blargh, no buildups, just execution. Throws me off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast