Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: just found out about Artists' Studio...

tEchIe

Post just found out about Artists' Studio...

well, I didn't know their's a sub-section of the forum for non-manga related stuff, so I figured this is a good a place as any to get some feedback about this stuff:

My best charcoal sketch, I cleaned it up a little with photoshop and added the text and boarder...

A simple pen sketch of mine I traced with Illustrator, the hair was live traced...

[IMG]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1765/eye.th.png alt="" width=http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6065/210420094.png height= http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6065/210420094.png>
    Some eyes I've been developing for all sorts of illustrator usages...

well, that pretty much it, so, what do you think ? constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated !

thanks,
    tEchIe
    Last edited by tEchIe; April 28, 2009 at 05:15 AM. Reason: thumb was huge,

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member AnkorSVK's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: just found out about Artists' Studio...

first 2 links not loading? I dont know if its the fault of image shack or you posted it wrong? However i cant coment something i cant take a good look at it. Im not a portrait drawer but it seems unfinished/uncomplete. And the eyes well i dont care that much about it. Its something that is part of a character it may show some emotions and personality and is individual for every char so drawing only them says nothing to me.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    tEchIe

ya, sorry about that, seems you're right and imageshack dropped my images...

lets try it again, shall we ?
    first:

second:
    http://www.imagecross.com/02/image-h....04.2009_4.png

The eyes were made with illustrator - vectors, and I'm mostly looking for some input on the style and finish of the top-left one and the eris`s styling of the rest.
    * The second from the top-left is Naruto's sage-mode and the rest are all just made up for the purpose of trying different methods for creating them...

P.S: by unfinished, I suppose you're referring to the eye since you didn't see the rest ?!
    if true, then what do you think is missing ?
    Last edited by tEchIe; May 01, 2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: ???

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member AnkorSVK's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Not bad the second one i would suggest that you should draw the left shoulder on the same hight or a bit lower since the picture has no body posture in some postures it may be higher but generaly its lower due to the prespective or about the same high. The portaraits well i havent drawn them yet so my experience is almost zero. I would wanna know it is drawn out of head or with a reference .

tEchIe

Both were done using multiple refs, eyes from their, nose from here, body posture & head orientation from somewhere else...
    o, I should mention those aren't traces, I did use grid perspective for the second one to get the shoulders, head and hair all right, but all the other stuff are by eye, from different pictures and from the top of my head...

New Reply