Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Official HALO series thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Official HALO series thread

not sure if this thread already exists, so if it does just merge this post

i am an avid fan of the HALO games, i have played all of them and i am currently playing HALO :REACH

i am highly anticipating the release of HALO 4 which comes out this november

i was just wondering if anyone here plays or played the halo games in the past

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: official HALO series thread

Halo all my life ahahah Halo combat evolved; the father got it when it first arrived in stores along with the Xbox system. Played it sooooo much.
    Halo 2 was an amazing Game, played online at least 5 hours a day haha.
    Halo 3: It was so fun to get up on a Saturday morning and play a bunch of games with randoms and going through the recent players list joining custom games which were infection game modes.
    Halo 3 ODST: It was fun, played a lot of firefight with the mates.
    Halo Reach: It was good... I was banned though when I finally reached rank Nova for illegal modding of Xbox system.
    I don't know if I can play Halo 4 though, it looks good and everything but I think I have grown from the series taking on more brutal and realistic games.

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Only halo game I ever played was halo 3. I don't particularly own a 360 so when a room mate of mine got it I just couldn't help but play the game until I won it. I think it ended up annoying him that I used his console so much but he never said anything (and I never got to the whole caring thing).

Anyways, I have to admit I never quite got what is it that made this games awesome(in spite of me thinking so). I mean, I loved the game I played, but as much as I look at it I can't help but feel it is painfully generic in basically all fronts. Just look at the thing, it starts out with advanced intelligent aliens attacking earth. Humans are stereotypical in that their technology looks grey and depressing (very much like terran technology in starcraft). The covenant is stereotypical in that their technology is all smooth, shiny and almost needlessly destructive (very much like the protoss in starcraft). Later on halo 3 introduces the flood which basically assimilates lifeforms into itself to keep growing and becoming stronger (very much like the zerg in starcraft). Of course, the covenant worships an advanced species as gods which happened to have left behind relics throughout the galaxy (much like the xel naga in starcraft) which left behind machines capable of killing the flood (much like the plot of brood war) which at some point are used for just that (much like brood war). Now, even the actual gameplay is not actually significantly different from 99% of one person shooters. There are plenty of games which feature people just shooting and plenty of games with humans using alien weapons. I mean, how is halo any different from the vast majority of one person shooters in the end? I love the game but I can't help but wonder why as I feel the game overall adds little to the whole thing. The worst part is that I like the game even though I don't in general like one person shooters.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gantzter127 View Post
    Halo all my life ahahah Halo combat evolved; the father got it when it first arrived in stores along with the Xbox system. Played it sooooo much.
    Halo 2 was an amazing Game, played online at least 5 hours a day haha.
    Halo 3: It was so fun to get up on a Saturday morning and play a bunch of games with randoms and going through the recent players list joining custom games which were infection game modes.
    Halo 3 ODST: It was fun, played a lot of firefight with the mates.
    Halo Reach: It was good... I was banned though when I finally reached rank Nova for illegal modding of Xbox system.
    I don't know if I can play Halo 4 though, it looks good and everything but I think I have grown from the series taking on more brutal and realistic games.
    which more realistic games? i am curious

hopefully you are not refering to the call of duty games

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Call of Duty started to fail after WaW. Battlefield is a great example along with the Far cry series and Metal gear solid (not the most realistic, but still very good game). Grand theft auto, assassins creed, splinter cell, Killzone 1-3, Gears of war 1-3, Gran tursimo 1-5, God of war 1-3 and Resistance 1-2 (just a bunch I prefer over cock of doody).
    Last edited by goldb; December 16, 2012 at 07:14 AM. Reason: edited call of duty from original

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official HALO series thread

Spoiler: halo 4 spoilers show

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Spoiler: halo 4 spoilers show
    Well i haven't actually played it yet but rumor has it there is a little bit of her left and Master Chief goes out in Halo 5 and saves her from the original Halo, well that's what a bunch of guys told me and also my friend (who is the Halo god) told me too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

halo 5 looks like it will be awesome, but i am probably more excited about the master-chief collection that is coming out

A COMPLETE REMAKE WITH MULTIPLAYER OF HALO1 and HALO2 with the exact same multiplayer just newer graphics

HOLY *^&%$# shit!!!!

this may be the greatest day in video game history

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HALO MASTERCHIEF COLLECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here it is folks

a complete rerelease of halo 1&2 (AND 3 AND 4)

with completely revamped graphics but THE ORIGINAL GAME ENGINE MAPS AND WEAPONS

i will be playing this game for 8 hours a day

add me on xbox live if you want to play

corpsemercenary

the game is scheduled to be released on november 11th of 2014

New Reply