Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DaDarkDude's Avatar
    Country
    Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

Kingdom Hearts

I know we have a lot of Kingdom Hearts fans here, so feel free to discuss the games here.

I must admit when I first heard the concept of Squaresoft and Disney working together to create a Disney-FF crossover game, I thought they were crazy. And I was right - they were crazy geniuses. I can't believe they actually pulled it off, but Kingdom Hearts is a lot of fun to play and it was awesome "re-living" all my Disney experiences in this way, with Final Fantasy-type graphics and characters involved.

(I first read Disney comics long, long before I ever read manga, and Disney movies, of course, were quite commonplace in America here, and I watched nearly all of them when I was a kid growing up.)

I've heard that the third game will involve Final Fantasy to a larger extent instead of Disney worlds, so I'm also excited about that one as well.

Anyway, if you wanna talk about Kingdom Hearts at all, feel free to post away. I've completed the first KH game (even beaten Sephiroth - boy, he was tough), and I'm pretty far in the KH2 game, but decided to stop when FF XII came out. I have to level up quite a bit before even daring to challenge Sephiroth in that game, anyway.

Questions:

Which game did you like the best?
    Did you mind the gameplay that much?
    What would you like to see for a future game?

So I browsed through the threads and didn't spot a Kingdom Hearts one (surprisingly).
    Though many belittle it and think it's a childish game because of the Disney protagonists, I believe the story is majestic, and the evil characters are amazing. The gameplay is addictive, and the music... if calling it music isn't sacrilegious... is eargasmic.

Anyone else here like the game? If not, why not?

Moderator message by: Charlie
    Merged Threads from GK, DaDarkDude
    Last edited by Charlie; June 01, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

Fan of Kingdom Hearts? Check out the all new fansite below!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zypher's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Kingdom Hearts Thread!

You have beaten Sephiroth 0_o... you are imba GK

I like the first Kingdom hearts best (cuse i have only played that ^^ )
    neeea i did not mind it so mutch
    More disney charakters =D

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait till they have the chain of memories avalible in PS2 in America....
    (I just want to know the rest of the organization XIII)
    and I kinda beat Kingdom Hearts 2 like in 2 days, now I am bore...... XP

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty good that you beat KH2 in two days, movingstone, you must have played it nonstoppable o.O

zypher, once you get past the stage where Sephiroth can reduce your hp to 1, if you just keep attacking him you'll be fine. You just have to really be careful to get away if your hp's reduced to 1 and heal yourself in time before Sephiroth launches an attack to finish you off. That was the toughest part of the fight really. After that, it was almost too easy.

And since you haven't played KH2, you'll get your wish of more Disney characters in that one. I'm kind of tired of Disney characters after two KH games though, so I'm wanting more Final Fantasy characters in the next one.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zypher's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaah thanks for the tip GK ^^

Yeah more Final Fnatasy characters would be fine to.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    That's pretty good that you beat KH2 in two days, movingstone, you must have played it nonstoppable o.O
    I must say i was wrong it was about three to four days acctually... (but the time went by so fast that it feel like 2 days)

Anyway are there gonna be a kingdom hearts 3 ???

I kill Sephiroth in Kingdom heart 1, but I kinda busy so I haven't play KH2 in awhile (after beating that nothing guy, but I still have not yet look for Sephiroth yet)...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, how I love KH! Played the first one through 4 times, second game 8 times, and KH:COM about 10 (cause it was portable, play portable games more than console) and loved every minute of it!

My favorite would have to be KH II. I just loved how everything was improved (Especially the camera) and the more action oreianted battle system.
    I LOVE the gameplay. Nothing ever struck me as boring anytime I played KH. Though the Gummi ship in KH1 definatly needed the work it received for KH2.

For Kingdom Hearts III, I would like to see........
    Spoiler show

Sorry, all the stuff I want would be spoliers for all of you who haven't play KH2 so be careful.
    <br />Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com<br />There&#039;s something wrong with you!!! How can you be so strong and not love fighting?!&quot; —Kenpachi Zaraki (from Bleach)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blasta's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked KH2 the best. The gameplay was fun and I kept playing it and never took disc out till I finished the game. I hope they will include Final Fantasy characters like you said because thats one my favourite series and I would to see some in the next KH hopefully soon and possibly on PS3.
    Last edited by Charlie; June 01, 2011 at 07:52 PM.
    BoH!
    Thank you to yFANTgirl.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

kh

Kingdom Hearts 2 was the best game for me (though i havent played chain of memories)
    Honestly i feel that the gummi ship isnt needed in this series.

KH1 was a good game intself, kh2 was more cleaner and fixed most problems. Though one thing i can say about KH2 is that i felt it weas more easier than kh1 (except sepiroth)

As for KH3
    Spoiler show

Storywise i feel that this game (esp kh2) exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ILUVATAR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

i have taken Kingdom Hearts 1 to it's limits, done everything, beaten everyone, won everything ^_^
    i have played Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories in an emulator for GBA at my PC. the gameplay was kinda annoying but i enjoyed the story helps a lot in KH2
    i have played Kingdom Hearts 2 and i have finished it but not complete it. i have a lot of things to do with the gumy ship, and i haven't unlocked everything i could create (not even Sora's ultimate weapon)
    i showed to Anax a video in youtube the other day and he heard Guffy talking Japanese..... he was laughing for the rest of the day >.> that's Anax for you
    i love the combination of Disney characters with Final Fantasy Characters ^.^ i think they hit the jackpot with that
    i can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 from the day i saw that video i can't stop thinking about it...... it's the same with when i saw that video in KH1 xD (Another Side, Another Story) damn it was cool
    *When you laugh, it's as though the world becomes, just a little, a nicer place.
    *Being alone is scary. Solitude is scary.
    *I have rushed here, when i was summoned. Because you were crying. You were sobbing as if you were screaming.
    *The nights that morning will never come doesn't exist.
    *More than anyone could ever admire you, this is the definite truth, I like you...
    *Because you are like the sky, causing me pain in love... because I love you.
    *Did you hear? Did i reach you?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I got Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, but I never really could get into that. I guess I'm just not a big fan of Gameboy games.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHokage
    KH1 was a good game intself, kh2 was more cleaner and fixed most problems. Though one thing i can say about KH2 is that i felt it weas more easier than kh1 (except sepiroth)
    That was my main problem with KH2 too. It was almost too much of a breeze. I liked the first game better.

Quote Quote:
    As for KH3
    Spoiler show
    That's a good guess and I wouldn't mind that happening.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bakashijinsan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Kingdom Hearts 2 was the best game for me (though i havent played chain of memories)
    Honestly i feel that the gummi ship isnt needed in this series.
    I came to love the gummi side quest after I have completed everything and after playing more than 60 hours of gameplay. sure the gummi isn't needed to finish the game but it's still a pretty interesting side game for me.

Quote Quote:
    yeah, KH2 is easier than KH1, tough I find KH1's Sephiroth to be much harder than KH2's.Or maybe it's just me.
    Quote Quote:
    As for KH3
    Spoiler show
    I was thinking that the next one would reveal some of the Keyblade's mysteries or maybe it's all in the past, like how the Keyblade came into being and all that.
    [/quote]

btw people, do you have any idea on when will Chain of Memories be released on PS2? I'm kind of interested with the rest of the Organization. ^_^

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i never knew they will be releasing chain of memories on ps2.... where did you get this from, i am pretty interested in it now

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bakashijinsan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i never knew they will be releasing chain of memories on ps2.... where did you get this from, i am pretty interested in it now
    eerrrr... I got it here from movinstone's post above. he says that there'll be a release of chain of memories for PS2

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

"Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories will be remade into a PlayStation 2 game that will be released in a package with Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ in spring 2007."

From wikipedia. Cool news.

As for KH1's Sephiroth being harder than KH2, I wouldn't know as I've never really leveled up so high that I thought I'd have a chance at him yet. But KH1's Sephiroth was one of the toughest challenges I ever overcame in any video game experience ever, so I wouldn't be surprised.

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast