Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Do you read spoilers?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 78.46%
  • No

8 12.31%
  • Only if I can't resist..

6 9.23%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spoilers?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoilers?

Lately I realized that I enjoy the chapters much more if I follow the spoilers. It's like... reading the chapter really slowly over days for me, How about you?
    Last edited by rukori; April 30, 2009 at 11:21 PM.

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Proxy's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spoilers?

Yeah, I read them........ but its cause I don't like to wait Even more nowadays when Hinata is getting some spotlight finally.

Nodoka-sama!! <3<3<3<3

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Phoenix946's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't read them, they.. well, they spoil the chapter for me. Which they're supposed to do, I suppose But I tried it a few times and I just noticed I enjoyed reading the chapter less.

I only take a sneak peak if there are spoilers on early tuesday, because by the time it's friday I almost forgot what it was about. (that's dutch times)

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I only read them if the manga is in a part that i'm not interested in, like flashbacks for example. The only reason i look is to see if it's going to get back to the good stuff this week or not.

Generally I'm of the opinion that they take away from the impact of events though so i like to try and avoid the spoiler section.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I tried to resist reading the 440 spoiler but turns out I couldn't

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well in the past I didn't really like reading it because I hated being spoiled (well I still kinda hate it unless I want it and I can do it myself^^) but since I started reading them I'm always excited if there are spoiler and I'm still excited if the chapter is out. In some weeks I don't have time to take a look at them but as soon as I get bored I take a look.
    Although if the spoiler are too detailed (all pictures, complete translation...) I only take a peek at it.

This way there are not only the few minutes it takes to read a chapter but something more^^.

Ohh although many people might hate for the next comment:
    I like some of the fakespoilers too. So I have something to read (I know many will say that I should read something else a fanfic etc.). But they must either be very good or so bad it's funny again.
    The fakespoilers or at least the possibility of a fakespoiler rises the tension somehow (you want to know if it's true).
    Shh I think I'm the only one who thinks about them that way^^

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well part of the reason fans read spoilers is because they can't wait. But bthen once they get spoilers, it sometimes makes them even more impatient so that kind of fails lol

Another reason is that some fans actually like the fake spoilers as well. They enjoy the hunt for the "actual" thing and they enjoy whatever nonsense some people can come up with.

Me personally, I don't enjoy spoilers much simply because they're usually either too short, or vague. By the time a full spoiler comes out, I might as well read the chapter lol

Arguably though, spoilers IS what makes the Naruto section most populated. When there is no chapter/spoilers, you can see a noticeable decrease in forum activity in the manga section

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think spoilers are awesome. I am way too impatient to wait for each chapter and the spoilers help fill the gap between raw releases and chapter translations. I sometimes like reading fake spoilers if they are well done, but i can certainly live without them.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading Naruto spoilers almost equals to reading a full chapter. So if it takes 2 minutes per weak at most - why not.

Though, I'd love One Piece to have spoilers as scarce as Naruto - as of now, 9-12 campics are too much.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

One reason I dislike spoilers is because half the time, the images scanned are of the "punch line' of the chapter so when I read the chapter, the punch loses it's buildup and stuff >.>

I mean, I can't wait for stuff too, but I don't read the whole 5 ending chapters of a book if I can't wait for the ending(I only read the last 5 lines )

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, buildup is a arguable term concerning Naruto

5 lines? That is so familiar. Even when I know I will regret it, a quick peak is almost unavoidable. Unless the book is too interesting to turn the page before you have read it whole

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If reading spoilers is like reading a chapter, do people actually read the chapter itself once it's out? O_o

Well more like the "punch" of the punchline then. For example, I do believe Tobi's Sharingan was featured in one spoiler and I'm pretty sure Tobis' death as well as his Sharingan was supposed to be the punch of that chapter. Likewise, other such moments of the Naruto chapters are usually the images featured in spoilers so I'd rather not see them until I actually read what comes before and click that link that loads me the rest of the image >.>

it's a question of preference really. I know some people who fast forward movies to their end as well and I know those who watch so many leaked clips that by the time the movie is out, they know every scene by heart lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Phoenix946's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    One reason I dislike spoilers is because half the time, the images scanned are of the "punch line' of the chapter so when I read the chapter, the punch loses it's buildup and stuff >.>

I mean, I can't wait for stuff too, but I don't read the whole 5 ending chapters of a book if I can't wait for the ending(I only read the last 5 lines )
    Exactly, I made the mistake of taking a peak in the topic for chapter 437, found the picture and reason of Naruto going 6-tails. When the chapter came out, I regretted that SO much So nowadays I only take that peak when there's nothing possibly epic going to happen.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member chvis002's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I try not to, it kind of ruins the impact of actually reading the chapter page by page

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot resist, I'm a weak person
    Mommy always said that I'm too impatient for some things, and the agony for the spoilers is greater then my own reason.
    And I like to think about the whole chapter during the week in my free time, and I couldn't do it without spoilers (talking about nerdism, huhuhu)

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast