Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Do you read spoilers?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 78.46%
  • No

8 12.31%
  • Only if I can't resist..

6 9.23%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spoilers?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    One reason I dislike spoilers is because half the time, the images scanned are of the "punch line' of the chapter so when I read the chapter, the punch loses it's buildup and stuff >.>

I mean, I can't wait for stuff too, but I don't read the whole 5 ending chapters of a book if I can't wait for the ending(I only read the last 5 lines )
    Yeah, I agree.
    I always read them, because I can't wait, but they always scan the last page...

I hate it when they do that, because knowing how the chapter ends sucks.
    Especially that the Punch or Cliffhanger is almost always on the last page...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Grizz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I love reading spoilers, especially when the latest chapter has just ended, the you jst cnt wait until the week begins so you can browsing the net to findout if there are any spoilers out already... am also so inpatient, i start imagining the outcome of the chapters througout the week....especially whn it was golden week, i cudnt take it, but luckily they made raws so that wsnt so bad...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ren Boy-'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol You Just Have To Read Spoilers
    Well In This Current Stage In Naruto You Havee To Because All Of The Intense Stuff Happening

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anbu RenBoy View Post
    Lol You Just Have To Read Spoilers
    Well In This Current Stage In Naruto You Havee To Because All Of The Intense Stuff Happening

Naruto is probably the only mnaga whiich i knw that comes out with so many fake spoilers during the week...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto is currently one of the most popular mangas so yes obviously it's the one you'll find the most fake spoilers for because it has the most fans to make up those said fake spoilers lol

Well to each his own really. I've never been a fan of spoilers for anything. In Naruto's case, it's not so bad because the spoilers come maybe 4 days before the actual thing is released, but I really really dislike book/movie spoilers which come out like months before a book/movie is even for sale/at the theater and then I'm stuck waiting

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    Naruto is currently one of the most popular mangas so yes obviously it's the one you'll find the most fake spoilers for because it has the most fans to make up those said fake spoilers lol

Well to each his own really. I've never been a fan of spoilers for anything. In Naruto's case, it's not so bad because the spoilers come maybe 4 days before the actual thing is released, but I really really dislike book/movie spoilers which come out like months before a book/movie is even for sale/at the theater and then I'm stuck waiting
    I agree in that it suck reading and hearing spoilers for movies(hell, sometimes I don't wanna know whats it about lol) but when I wake up Wednesday morning, for me it absolutely impossible not to read them. Several Mondays I have thought "I am not going to spoil the chapter this week" and the result has been an epic fail. I haven't even made it past the Tuesday spoilers recently....

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's what I said, in Naruto's case, you're spoiled for max 2-4 days. I think most people can bear with that... I mean, I remember back in last January where there wasn't a chapter for 2 weeks straight and there were still spoilers, but people were still unhappy. Guess why? Spoilers aren't enough, they just juice you for max a few days. You still need the chapter after once that little juice runs out. That's why for Naruto it works. The chapter is usually out by the time the juice runs.

Imagine however getting movie/book spoilers weeks if not months in advance. One of my favorite book series I accidentally found a spoiler on the internet about the final book(certain punches in it at least) and it was like 4 months before the book even hit the shelves and I recently read the book and the spoilers were true THAT ruined it for me, regardless of how much I wanted to read that book.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely hate movie spoilers, sometimes they don't end up the way its been shown on the screen, like i remember going seeing the Harry Potter trailer for Order of the Phoenix, it looked awesome, but then i fell asleep throughout the whole movie when i went to watch it... i thought it was dull and boring..

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

A trailer isn't necessarily a spoiler though. A trailer is made to make the movie look good and advertise it(and arguably it does because you're right, lots of movies look pretty dull compared to what you expect from the trailer).

Spoilers however literally give you the punch of the chapter in most cases(ex: Naruto Kyuubifying or whatnot). They "spoil" hence the word lol heck, in the nicer spoilers they give you the WHOLE chapter in writing lol

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2