Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 04 and 05 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 04 and 05 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by DeidaraGrimmjow View Post
    In Sanada's match against Echizen, he did not use Rai and Kage. Did he have them then and decided not to use them? Or did he develop them later. If so, my friend should be pleased. His favorite character is Sanada because he has never truly been defecated in the series in the present timeline. (if he was not going all out against Ryoma he says the loss does not count)
    ....He has never truly been defecated. Which means he is not crap. Ohhh I see what you did there!

...Yes, I think I am this forum's source of comic relief LOL

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dansan1 View Post
    The loss does count.

Remember that though this is tennis, it is a martial arts archetype.

Sanada had those techinques then but he didn't use them, not because he wasn't taking the match seriously, but for the sake of beating Tezuka he had to keep them secret.

Echizen outplayed Sanada.

You can say he was either dumb or smart depending on what you personally think is the better goal; winning Kantou or beating Tezuka.

Or if you exist outside the manga you can say he was smart cause even if he used Rai and Kage Echizen would have won since in POT1 at least, he CAN'T lose....

According to Inui his play style is using certain FuuRinKaZan techs to crush an opponents play

He only used Fuu and Ka on ryoma, Ka to outpower the little guy and Fuu to have him running all over..unfortunately the little guy is a genius and realized that the techniques can be used against one another.

Renji says that he backed Genichiro into a corner..and he used Rin..which nullifies spin and renji's specials (utsusemi and kamaitachi) are all about spin

Kirihara who is agressive gets blasted off by Ka because Sanada simply overpowers him

The fact that he needed all six is a testament to Tezuka's skill

Quote Quote:
    Another logic hole I have is that Yuki's ability to take away the senses is purely because of his ability to return balls right? He's not doing something psychologically or physically besides just returning everything no matter how good right?

So how come Echizen and Kin-chan didn't have that happen to each other? They played for over 40 minutes with every single one of their balls returned....
    Neither of them posses Feder-I mean Yukimura's presence on court, it's even more overwhelming than Sanada VS Tezuka by the looks of it, their Ralley was one point, Yukimura will do this to for the whole game, and the Ryoma that played Yuki has a lot more techniques in his MnK repertoire

Quote Quote:
    In Sanada's match against Echizen, he did not use Rai and Kage. Did he have them then and decided not to use them? Or did he develop them later. If so, my friend should be pleased. His favorite character is Sanada because he has never truly been defecated in the series in the present timeline. (if he was not going all out against Ryoma he says the loss does not count)
    Your friend seems to be a bit of a fanboy not truly defeated? bs this sounds like the crap Nadaltards were spouting when Fed straight setted him in Madrid a few weeks ago. A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss, if he wasn't going all out? then thats not his fault...he has been defeated, 7-5 is a lost, plus Tezuka breadsticked and bageled his ass when they were kids
    Last edited by Atobe the king; May 27, 2009 at 12:30 AM.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DeidaraGrimmjow's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    Your friend seems to be a bit of a fanboy not truly defeated? bs this sounds like the crap Nadaltards were spouting when Fed straight setted him in Madrid a few weeks ago. A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss, if he wasn't going all out? then thats not his fault...he has been defeated, 7-5 is a lost, plus Tezuka breadsticked and bageled his ass when they were kids

I know Tezuka crushed him, but that's why I said in the present timeline. And yeah, he is kinda like that but in his defense, he knows very little about PoT. He only got curious about it a little while ago and when he heard the nickname "Emperor" he flipped out and wanted to know about him. Currently he only knows what I have told him about Sanada and the rest. Which is why I came to you guys: didn't want to give false info...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know Tezuka crushed him, but that's why I said in the present timeline. And yeah, he is kinda like that but in his defense, he knows very little about PoT. He only got curious about it a little while ago and when he heard the nickname "Emperor" he flipped out and wanted to know about him. Currently he only knows what I have told him about Sanada and the rest. Which is why I came to you guys: didn't want to give false info...
    I see...okay...well if he's a new fan this is good place to start (didn't mean to come off as harsh it was around 2 am when i posted so i was a tad cranky), this has a small bio, but more importantly his W/L record
    http://fet.fudomine.org/index.php?sanada

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada's loss against Tezuka when they were first years really doesn't mean anything. Tezuka got raped in the present (only year that matters) year. Did I just say that? yes. TEZUKA GOT RAPED. So hard, that Tezuka could only get 4 points (The zero-shiki serves) on Sanada. The rest was all Sanada being an idiot and hitting them out. After Sanada stopped, he went back to dominating him.

The last point also didn't mean anything, because if the ball landed on Tezuka's side, it would be 6-5 in games, 40-15 in score. And if Sanada had enough strength to walk over to Tezuka to shake his hand, he certainly had enough strength to finish the match.

If you just look at the facts, Tezuka was overwhelmed.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Err... Tezuka was also stupid for not using his Zero-Shiki-serve from the beginning... we dont know how often he could have hit it without using Phantom and also we dont know if Sanadas combination element shot was already created before the match or not.

But assuming Sanada did develop it during the match Tezuka would at least have won 3 service games imo. And with a 3-6 the loser would have been overwhelmed.

Even if Sanada did have the idea of an combination in mind before the match he would not have used it because of his pride...
    Last edited by DavenSodan; May 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

His combo was not a calculated move that he had, it was a spur of the moment thing, demonstrating his mental toughness and technique. It was also not Sanada, but Yukimura who saw through Tezuka using the serve and warned Sanada.

Also we don't really know how the last games went point wise. We just know Sanada got to match point. They could have been going back and forth to deuce. In fact that is likely considering how freaked out Sanada was about the ball coming back to him, if he had 3 match points who cares?

It's fanboyism to say that Sanada raped Tezuka. Sanada using only Rai was his fault. Remember that HE THOUGHT he was going to win that way. It took Yukimura to get him to snap out of his stupidity to see he had no chance with Rai.

Remember that Sanada needed to keep those moves secret because Tezuka is the level of player that would have beaten them otherwise.

If they played again I'd vote Tezuka no question (not because simply for the dramatic reason that Konomi would pretty much have to have Tezuka win, I'm talking purely within the manga universe)

Also don't forget what Sanada said after the match. Why say that if you can rape the opponent. That would be a pathetic thing to say if he was that far above Tezuka.

And Sanada walking over was a outside the match, walking is different than playing.. Konomi made it clear with many other things that if that ball had gone over Sanada was done for.

This is perfect cause a real life game I played yesterday applies (I just like to brag about wins....) I killed this guy in a 3 setter (5-7, 6-4, 6-3) who plays a completely defensive game. He couldn't hit a winner on me ever, but most of my freaking winners come right back to me. Too bad he has to run like mad. In the last set he went up 3-0 but I won the last six games because I was running him too much. He couldn't even move for the last two games. I mean really couldn't even get to a single ball he was so tired. But he could still walk back to the car to leave.

And yes Tezuka was stupid, Sanada was stupid. But this is because it's a manga. Konomi had to have certain limits to them or they become broken because of the moves he's given him. For his scenario's sake he needed Sanada to go up 4-0 and at the same time not return the Zero-shiki serve...how do you do that? Don't have Tezuka use the serve.
    Last edited by Dansan1; May 27, 2009 at 11:19 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavenSodan View Post
    Err... Tezuka was also stupid for not using his Zero-Shiki-serve from the beginning... we dont know how often he could have hit it without using Phantom and also we dont know if Sanadas combination element shot was already created before the match or not.

But assuming Sanada did develop it during the match Tezuka would at least have won 3 service games imo. And with a 3-6 the loser would have been overwhelmed.

Even if Sanada did have the idea of an combination in mind before the match he would not have used it because of his pride...
    You are going entirely on what-ifs, though. What if Sanada played smart? He would have won 6-0. I'm going by what actually happened, right now.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How 6-0?

He only returned Zero-shiki on a fluke when the match was riding on him getting the point. It was a desperation move.

Great players always pull something special on match point (sampras, federer, nadal)

Even if you assume he could do it multiple times, at what point would he have developed that?

You're not going on what happened, you're going on what you think should have happened because you like Sanada. Also entirely on what-ifs.

What if Tezuka got wind of Rai and In? What if Yukimura wasn't there? What if? We can't do that. We can't say what would have happened.

What happened is that Sanada could not return Zero-shiki till match point with a desperation move.

Also remember that Tezuka was purposely drawing out the match for Echizen.

I see them going back and forth tightly in those last 3 games.

That certainly doesn't equal 6-0

Konomi MADE IT CLEAR that he wanted a Sanada who barely beat Tezuka, in an incredible close fight. (whether we agree he did that competently is a totally different story)
    Last edited by Dansan1; May 27, 2009 at 11:15 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

KaRinRai was certainly not a fluke. If you think that, I'm sorry. It was very clear that it was an actual technique, scratching the ground and all.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ughh...i don't have the patience to respond to some of this fanboyishness....

But, 7-5 is as close as you can get bar a breaker, that is no raping

Sanada's win according to an interview was just on a whim (it is said that Someone needed to lose and it was between Fuji and Tezuka)

Quote Quote:
    Sanada's loss against Tezuka when they were first years really doesn't mean anything. Tezuka got raped in the present (only year that matters) year. Did I just say that? yes. TEZUKA GOT RAPED. So hard, that Tezuka could only get 4 points (The zero-shiki serves) on Sanada. The rest was all Sanada being an idiot and hitting them out. After Sanada stopped, he went back to dominating him.
    Of course it means something, if it was the reverse you'd think it was important, so Tezuka hits four winners and if the calculation is correct Sanada hit a bunch of Unforced errors, doesn't sound like rape to me

Quote Quote:
    The last point also didn't mean anything, because if the ball landed on Tezuka's side, it would be 6-5 in games, 40-15 in score. And if Sanada had enough strength to walk over to Tezuka to shake his hand, he certainly had enough strength to finish the match.
    This is just stupid, walking to an opponent is hardly the same as Running around during a ralley

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post

This is just stupid, walking to an opponent is hardly the same as Running around during a ralley

Why would you even say this?

Tezuka's arm was hurt no less than Sanada's legs. If Sanada were to go out, Tezuka would as well. It would have been a tie. Tezuka winning, was impossible. If Fuji had to win, which he did have to, Tezuka had to lose. Nothing would have changed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DeidaraGrimmjow's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Question: Tachibana lost to Kirihara (badly). So does that make Kirihara a national level player?

In fact, who are the national level players? I know that Tezuka, Tachibana, Atobe, Sanada, and Yukimura (everyone on Rikkai Dai in fact) are. But would Ryoma, Fuji, Chitose, and Shiraishi? Their skill is equal to national level players but I don't remember that label being put on any of them...
    Last edited by DeidaraGrimmjow; May 27, 2009 at 03:35 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Question: Tachibana lost to Kirihara (badly). So does that make Kirihara a national level player?

In fact, who are the national level players? I know that Tezuka, Tachibana, Atobe, Sanada, and Yukimura (everyone on Rikkai Dai in fact) are. But would Ryoma, Fuji, Chitose, and Shiraishi? Their skill is equal to national level players but I don't remember that label being put on any of them...
    those Labeled National level players were :

Tachibana, Sengoku,Atobe, Sanada,Renji,Tezuka, the Golden Pair,The Jimmis, and Chitose as far as i can remember

The term national level seemed to imply tha they had particiated in the nationals the previous year (sanada/yuki/renji won it, Atobe participated it, so did the golden pair, jimmis etc) Since all the people you mentioned were in the nationals and all of them were on the teams that made the semis then they are national level players. Including Kirihara

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep it just refers to those who competed at the national level.

And Konomi did make it pretty obvious that Tezuka was not going to go out with Sanada.

In the span of a few pages he had Tezuka picking up his racket ready to continue and Sanada on his knees begging the ball to go over the net and stating that it would amount to a loss if it didn't.

You kinda have to go with what Sanada(Konomi) said....

Although enough of that.

What about players who didn't win any national matches? Their team got there, but they didn't hack it. Do they get to be called national level players? Dun dun dunnn.....

New Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast