Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cage of Eden by YAMADA Yoshinobu

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ipoopshootingstars's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cage of Eden by YAMADA Yoshinobu

This is manga is one of the most best kept secrets in the shounen section. The concept is unorginal and all the regular shounen cliches are there but the mangaka has taken this concept and made it a blast to read. I highly recommend to any one who likes manga, from the hardcore otaku to the first time reader. This one of my favorites!!!!
    Yes it hurts

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been a series of chapters released lately (about 21 since December) and there have been a lot of discoveries in them. We are finally getting to understand what is happening on the island so you might want to catchup.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this serie would go faster if there were not that many ecchi scenes. It took them 10 chapters to discover it was a facility to create artificial animals when it felt quite obvious from the start.
    Also how do they expect do go back up ? Do they think they can climb the rubbish tunnel ?
    And I want to see the doctor against Yarai damnit !!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I wonder if this serie would go faster if there were not that many ecchi scenes.
    I pretty much agree with this as being the issue with actually catching up at times XD It really tries to create scenarios to show off its female cast and ogle them that it does significantly end up slowing the progress down, I would say that 35-40% is purely fanservice and that is not a healthy number when it begins dedicated several pages towards that. Other thing that slows it down is the obsession to find pairings for the characters, of who likes who etc, rather than letting it flow naturally it just feels forced. I understand that it may want to break up the tension but I do question as to why it would do so when tension and suspense are not exactly a bad thing for this manga.

One thing I do wonder with the skull they've found is whether or not it is possible the facility may have created some mega freak beast hybrid that doesn't exist in history books which will be their final adversary. I mean the whole scaly saber tooth skull seems to point to some genetically modified beast.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the scaly skull is some kind of transitional form. The plants they found in the dark seemed to be some kind of transitional form too where they all started out as part of the same plant and then became separate plants up on the surface. Maybe when the animals were developing in the big tubes they started out looking like that then diverged to become the animals on the island. If you look at most embryos in our time for most mammals and some other species they look very similar to each other. I'm thinking that they made the embryo stage last to a larger size in the tube then had them diverge from each other. Just a theory.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

For me the big question is: WHY?

They built a massive island from scratch in the Pacific instead of using an existing one. Why?
    They created a complex ecosystem from scratch on the island. Why?
    They re-created extinct plants and animals. Why?
    There is no one there to look after it and the place looks to have been abandoned for decades if not centuries. Why?

The richest families in the world may have many Billions of dollars in wealth... but they couldn't afford the money necessary to create an island of this size from scratch. Think Trillions. Maybe Hundreds of Trillions. This would have been the effort of several countries working for decades.... and that is just to build the island out of molten trash and get it up above the sea.

Next they had to build the facilities there and that would have taken a lot too. Probably a much more modest Billion though.... at least for what we have seen in the underground facility. the Lighthouse and the Antenna are negligible by comparison. This may change though pending future discoveries. There is the 4th tower that we haven't seen yet too.

The scientific knowledge necessary to create the ecosystem is more advanced than what we have currently. By a good amount too. With enough effort and incentive it should be achievable in the amount of time necessary to build the island (decades anyway). At least I think.

So now we are back to WHY?

Is it like Jurassic Park, but without the sexy dinosaurs? If so it seems kind of overboard with the make-your-own-island. Why not just take over an island and build it up if you have to? So it's not a tourist attraction, and not likely to be a simple science project.

I think the most likely reason is some global catastrophe has happened and the ecosystem is endangered. They have had to do experiments in isolation to find appropriate adaptations that will ensure survival and some of those adaptations are not in current lifeforms.

They collected the genetic material of all the species on Earth for 2 reasons.
    1) The genetic data they have for the extinct species is incomplete so they fill in the gaps with their living relatives DNA. Kind of like in Jurassic Park.

2) The collected DNA of the current species can be used to re-introduce those species once it is safe for them again.

For the most part I think they succeeded in their efforts but didn't have enough time to spread the adaptations to currently living species, including our own so the kids are now on their own... unless there is someone in suspended animation in the 4th tower.
    Last edited by Wowzers; January 10, 2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fixing typos

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have catch up the whole Manga ( from the beginning xD ) and I must say: This manga is really great oO

I feeling, that I´m reading a mix of "Lost" and "Jurassic Park" O_O
    Last edited by TemplateR; January 13, 2012 at 05:19 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Really great manga. I read 131 chapters in 3 days. The only issue is that it's not ambitious enough. Usually, ecchi is used in order to give credit to an otherwise uninteresting manga ... but this specific manga didn't need it. The cast is really good & the combo prehistoric/lost is good enough.

Now about the last chapters, Doc vs Yarai ... The Doc is an asshole but still, poor doc ... of all characters he could meet on the island, he got Sengoku & then Yarai ... he is screwed.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I hated chapter 164. It felt like some kind of soap-opera. I've felt like since most of the mysteries in this series have been (sort of) revealed Eden has become really bland and predictable...I'm hoping it finishes strong but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Man, I hated chapter 164. It felt like some kind of soap-opera. I've felt like since most of the mysteries in this series have been (sort of) revealed Eden has become really bland and predictable...I'm hoping it finishes strong but I'm beginning to have my doubts.
    Ending of such "lost on island" story is rarely good.

About Mina, I think that the explanation will be something like this:
    Mina is the end result of the whole experience: a human created entirely by science (no mother, no father). Her adoptive father was an extremely rich man & I believe he used all his fortune to achieve his one & only goal: having a child with his DNA characterics.

Edit: now that I remember the grave thing. It's clear that the girl is the clone of the dead mina
    Last edited by zelllogan; September 08, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Silver Naizel's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I searched this thread during 5 minutes and I didn't find it, I believed nobody introduce this fabulous manga!

I love it, the story is well founded and the suspense is always present, it's crazy^^

I look forward to know following! I wait chapter 172

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 172 is out at MangaINN
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Naizel View Post
    I searched this thread during 5 minutes and I didn't find it, I believed nobody introduce this fabulous manga!

I love it, the story is well founded and the suspense is always present, it's crazy^^

I look forward to know following! I wait chapter 172

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    British Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The manga will end in issue 8 next january. That may me read it again just to know how it finishes

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I say about time. I really liked it at first, but lately it's been so draggy and I can't bring myself to care about all the new information being revealed.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast