Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Thread: The Basketball Thread

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Basketball Thread

LeBron's "fragility" has led to him having a lot of haters. He's made stupid DECISIONS and runs his mouth when he has no reason to. Jordan might have been incredibly arrogant about him, but he kept his mouth shut and let his play speak. After LeBron won, he's still running his mouth about the "haters". He still doesn't get it and does himself no favors.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordan kept his mouth shut ... He didn't shut up ever & was one of the biggest trashtalkers on & off the court.
    Jordan was just lucky to live in a "without internet" era.

NB: As I said, Lebron haters are priceless

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Jordan kept his mouth shut ... He didn't shut up ever & was one of the biggest trashtalkers on & off the court.
    Jordan was just lucky to live in a "without internet" era.

NB: As I said, Lebron haters are priceless
    You're saying things that don't matter. LeBron doesn't live in that era, he lives in this one. He's the one who decided to do the Decision on live TV and spit in the face of Cleveland. He's the one who addresses his "haters" instead of ignoring them.

Everyone trash-talks on the court, that's a fact. Jordan never had a reason to address his "haters" because there was never any doubt about his place in history.

I'm not a LeBron hater, I'm not even much of an NBA fan. I never had a team growing up so I don't care. LeBron didn't score 40 against my team, knock my team out of the playoffs, or embarrass my favorite player, so you're barking up the wrong tree.

LeBron deserves everything he's gotten/will get because he's earned it, good or bad. He's a god on the court, but he isn't infallible.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Lebron continue to write his own legend. People will continue to compare him to the all-time greats. He now won more than anyone at the same age (4mvp, 2 finals-mvp ...). I'm really happy to read all the haters posts on several websites.

When some journalists try to compare him to Jordan, it's priceless to read the reactions. My point of view: LBJ will never be as great a player as Jordan BUT ... there is a huge BUT. The reason why Jordan was so good was partly because of his personality. He never doubted because he was a predator solist with a godcomplex. LBJ is more human, you can still see a fragility under the beast & for that reason, he is for me more interesting.

I hope he keep winning. The best scenario: 3-peat or even 4-peat with miami & then back to Cleveland for the redemption with a final title there.
    But that won't be easy ...

Anyway, Ray Allen was CLUTCH in Game 6, even if James scored a lot of points. It's Allen's 3-pointer that kept the Heat in the game and his block that made the Spurs miss the last shot they needed. No doubt James is good, but Allen deserves credit for Game 6.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    You're saying things that don't matter. LeBron doesn't live in that era, he lives in this one. He's the one who decided to do the Decision on live TV and spit in the face of Cleveland. He's the one who addresses his "haters" instead of ignoring them.

Everyone trash-talks on the court, that's a fact. Jordan never had a reason to address his "haters" because there was never any doubt about his place in history.

I'm not a LeBron hater, I'm not even much of an NBA fan. I never had a team growing up so I don't care. LeBron didn't score 40 against my team, knock my team out of the playoffs, or embarrass my favorite player, so you're barking up the wrong tree.

LeBron deserves everything he's gotten/will get because he's earned it, good or bad. He's a god on the court, but he isn't infallible.
    Don t speak if you don t know then. Jordan was adressing haters ... even his hof speech was a Big déclaration to his haters. Plus, Jordan received lots of critics as well before winning his first titles, there were doubts ...
    Last edited by zelllogan; June 22, 2013 at 04:42 PM.

MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Don t speak if you don t know then. Jordan was adressing haters ... even his hof speech was a Big déclaration to his haters. Plus, Jordan received lots of critics as well before winning his first titles, there were doubts ...
    You're the one who brought up the comparison in the first place. And I'll speak on whatever I want as a sports fan, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Dude please, the Pistons were in his way back then. They were in everyone's way. They would double and triple team him every game. Once Pippen and Grant came into their own, they had the firepower to get things done. Unlike LeBron, who went to another team to get past the Celtics. It's not the same. But continue being an apologist please.

I doubt nothing about LeBron's game. I don't call him LeChoke, I never did. But face the facts, his "fragility" is a result of his own actions. They put a mic in his face after they won and it was all about him rebuking his haters instead of giving props to his teammates. And I don't care if he was asked about it, show some common sense and not even address it.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Has LeBron ever sunk in buzzbeaters like Jordan has?

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

buzzer beaters*

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

...and the comparison has spun out of control. I'm not talking about comparing their game, I'm talking about how they handled themselves. And I didn't bring up Jordan in the first place

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are you talking about the pistons, you re fully right. But it s still a fact that jordan was receiving critics. I never said he deserved those critics.
    Cleveland is not a big market and not an attractive city for rich young people. Noone would have joined lebron in cleveland. Cleveland is no chicago and even more importantly brown is no phil jackson. You can critic the show lbj did leaving cleveland but it was still a comprehensible decision.

Giving the overall tone in your posts, we might not have the same definition of hater

M3j, please we all agree that mj is better.
    Last post for me about this subject

Scav, please tag in to answer to m3j. I ll give several hints to him already: orlando, wade without knees, aging allen and mo williams as best teamate
    Last edited by zelllogan; June 22, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, but has he sunk in any buzzer beaters?

If LeBron truly wants to be considered one of the best, he'll have to actually play for a team that's not full of good players, preferably a team that's seen bad days like the Bobcats. It's easy to make it to the playoffs when you have great players in Wade and Allen and good players in Miller, Andersen, Bosh, and who knows what else. Didn't Kobe basically carry the Lakers to the playoffs? I'm not entirely sure if LeBron has carried the Cavs to playoffs, but he certainly didn't carry the Heat.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are you talking about the pistons, you re fully right. But it s still a fact that jordan was receiving critics. I never said he deserved those critics.
    Cleveland is not a big market and not an attractive city for rich young people. Noone would have joined lebron in cleveland. Cleveland is no chicago and even more importantly brown is no phil jackson. You can critic the show lbj did leaving cleveland but it was still a comprehensible decision.

Giving the overall tone in your posts, we might not have the same definition of hater

M3j, please we all agree that mj is better.
    Last post for me about this subject

Scav, please tag in to answer to m3j. I ll give several hints to him already: orlando, wade without knees, aging allen and mo williams as best teamate
    Because you said MJ had his doubters, and it was because the Bullls couldn't beat the Pistons three straight playoffs to make it to the championship. It wasn't until he got better help around him that they went on to threepeat.

You can say what you want about Cleveland, but the Bulls were nothing before Jordan. Quite similar to the Cavs. LeBron not getting help had everything to do with the owner of the Cavs, not the market. They had no problem selling tickets, the city was LeBron's. The decision is reasonable, yes. But how he went about it is why he's hated.

What is your definition of a hater then?

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I do think LeBron demands the media's attention. The Decision wouldn't have made that much of a buzz or hurt lots of people in Ohio if not for that televised announcement of the "Big Three". I actually saw it live here. My first reaction was "Wow, he left Cleveland. But this is gonna be a huge team." then saw the burning of jerseys afterwards and understood the situation. Then the rest is history. Everything he does now, on and off the court like flopping or whining from calls to talking big and arrogant will attract more haters.

Yes, he silenced them after the championship but he's lucky Allen put that 3-point shot, bacause if not, he'll just get swarmed with critics regardless of his effort in the final quarter of that game since he, iirc, commit a couple of turnovers in that quarter, too.

And about 3-peat, I doubt it, they can but it'll be harder. Especially if Riles doesn't tweak the roster a bit and his only way to do so is to trade one of the main players that occupy the cap space (cough Bosh cough) and they don't have draft picks this time. The fact that they had 3 full seasons going into the Finals. With Indiana proving they can punish the Heat with their big men, and Chicago going full force again and a possibility of Howard and Paul joining forces in the East (Atlanta), it'll be a tougher conference next season. Unless the league gets plagued with injuries again.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Wade scored those jumpshots in the final game that gave the Heat more points. Allen also scored the 3-points that kept the Heat in the game and screwed up the Spurs' shot that forced game 7. Fact is, LeBron had tons of help, and the Heat were pushed by the Bulls and the Pacers, despite the Bulls being nowhere near even 90%.

I am pretty interested to see how LeBron would do without an all-star team or good players with him. If he goes to the Bobcats, I wanna see if he can give them the best record like he did for the Cavs. I'm guessing he'll stick to the Heat or go with whichever team has the best players. If the Bulls are at 100%, I can see them beating the Heat.

New Reply
Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast