Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 1243

Thread: The Basketball Thread

  1. #481
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    Even if Rose returns to form I doubt he'll be the same mentally. A lot of athletes that come back from that type of injury tend to play more cautiously. Also, you add in fact how Rose plays the game every night; Running hard to basket, acrobatic plays, getting lots of contact, and drawing fouls. He may ease up on a lot of that stuff this season.

    ---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

    NBA season tomorrow night guys! I look forward to a good competitive game between the Heat and Celtics regardless of who wins.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  2. #482
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    Quote Quote:
    Amare Stoudemire to miss at least 1st 6 weeks of season with knee injury, according to league sources. Knicks expected to announce tomorrow
    good news for the Knicks
    ...

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #483
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Palau
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    J. Harden in Rockets
    K. Martin in Thunder

  5. #484
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    J. Harden in Rockets
    K. Martin in Thunder
    not sure about who win and who lose in this trade

    ---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    good news for the Knicks
    hahaha true. Melo and knicks together = defeat, they can't play together
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  6. #485
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    Melo and Amare just kills their defense, and to worsen the situation, they can't find themselves a way to work on offense either

    ---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    not sure about who win and who lose in this trade
    Harden is the better player and it isn't even that close
    And for the those who think he can't play without Westbrook and Durant:
    ...

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #486
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    Remember that the Thunder got two first round picks and a second round pick in the trade as well.

  9. #487
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    Those picks will not be high enough to matter. Anything below top five is useless in the NBA draft. At best OKC can use those picks to fill their bench.

    Not really assessing winners or losers in the Harden deal. It's not like trading Dwight Howard; Harden is a great player but not the team's best, they did not rely on him to win games. The Thunder retain two superstar's along with a solid supporting cast. Kevin Martin is a downgrade in regards to ball handling and defense, but at least he can be a reliable scorer off the bench. Harden did not mesh well on the court with Durant and Westbrook anyway. There was a reason he played with the second team, his style was too similar to theirs. Considering they had no chance of resigning him, OKC did pretty well in the Harden deal.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #488
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    I'm not saying they're lottery pics, but it's not as if the Rockets are a top-tier team whose draft pics couldn't amount to something. Especially over the next two drafts.

  12. #489
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread



    ---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

    120 - 107 for the Heat, magnificent opening game
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #490
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Those picks will not be high enough to matter. Anything below top five is useless in the NBA draft. At best OKC can use those picks to fill their bench.

    Not really assessing winners or losers in the Harden deal. It's not like trading Dwight Howard; Harden is a great player but not the team's best, they did not rely on him to win games. The Thunder retain two superstar's along with a solid supporting cast. Kevin Martin is a downgrade in regards to ball handling and defense, but at least he can be a reliable scorer off the bench. Harden did not mesh well on the court with Durant and Westbrook anyway. There was a reason he played with the second team, his style was too similar to theirs. Considering they had no chance of resigning him, OKC did pretty well in the Harden deal.
    Actually, they did. They just chose not to.
    The owners were cheap, the team got a 30M profit last season and the harder luxury tax will hit only next year. They could've resign, make a last run with this core an then traded him next year.

    Anyway, the lakers game just sucked... I hate Mike Brown, really... after years of phill jackson, to have him is just bad for my health. I know that the offense needs time to get some chemistry, but the princetton offense just don't work for this core of players, the only guys who would excel on it are Gasol and Kobe.
    We need a heavy P&R offense with Nash and D12, while Kobe works on the weakside(what he did really well tonight) and Gasol do his thing on the high post when the defense collapses(and on the low post when Howard sits).
    Thi game had like 5 P&Rs with Nash... it's a shame

    And I didn't even mentioned his terrible rotations..
    ...

  15. #491
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    I'll let you have your day Scav it was a good game.

    ---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

    In other news the Lakers lost.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  16. #492
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    add Harden on the MVP poll, he made a magnificent debut with the Rockets
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #493
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    From here on out he'll eventually ascend to super stardom he definitely has the talent.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  19. #494
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I'm not saying they're lottery pics, but it's not as if the Rockets are a top-tier team whose draft pics couldn't amount to something. Especially over the next two drafts.
    One is from the Raptors, by way of Houston, but I imagine it is a protected pick. From everything I have read both picks should be between 10 - 14, where the best the Thunder can hope for is a competent role player.

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    add Harden on the MVP poll, he made a magnificent debut with the Rockets
    That is the flip side of the trade, Harden was held back by his role in OKC. Even if he could get a max deal from the Thunder he was better off leaving. Now he has the chance to be the best player on his own team, an opportunity he deserved. He and Lin looked great together too, that should be a potent combo.

    ---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    Actually, they did. They just chose not to.
    The owners were cheap, the team got a 30M profit last season and the harder luxury tax will hit only next year. They could've resign, make a last run with this core an then traded him next year.
    That is true, they could have offered him the max and payed the luxury tax. Except for the Lakers, how many teams have three players signed to max deals and another player signed to near the max? Even Lebron and Bosh took discounts to play in Miami. Once Ibaka was signed to an extension a Harden trade was inevitable. I would have resigned Harden rather and traded Westbrook.

    Quote Quote:
    Anyway, the lakers game just sucked... I hate Mike Brown, really... after years of phill jackson, to have him is just bad for my health. I know that the offense needs time to get some chemistry, but the princetton offense just don't work for this core of players, the only guys who would excel on it are Gasol and Kobe.
    We need a heavy P&R offense with Nash and D12, while Kobe works on the weakside(what he did really well tonight) and Gasol do his thing on the high post when the defense collapses(and on the low post when Howard sits).
    Thi game had like 5 P&Rs with Nash... it's a shame

    And I didn't even mentioned his terrible rotations..
    Mike Brown is a joke. He was a joke in Cleveland, he's still a joke in LA. The team may have the talent to overcome his bad coaching, at least in the regular. The Lakers would be better off without him.

    Princeton offense was designed for teams with little talent and marginal athleticism, not for teams with Kobe, Nash, Howard, and Gasol.

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #495
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NBA Thread

    Rockets - Hawks was one hell of a game
    45pts for Harden and an epic double-double for Lin. Those guys have a great chemistry together, totally the opposite of the Lakers atm. Asik got 19 rebound, the Hawks have a big problem
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

New Reply
Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts