Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The Basketball Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NBA Thread

I dunno if someone posted this before... but Kobe became the player with the most missed shots in the history of the NBA when he last played against the Rockets.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

After comparing Greg Stiemsma to Bill Russell last season, Celtics legend Tommy Heinsohn is at it again.
    This time, it's Jared Sullinger vs Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
    http://www.celticslife.com/2013/01/j...-defender.html

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

finally the lakers got a win...
    yes, it was against the lowly cavs, but you have to start at some point
    hahaha

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This fucking sport makes no sense. The Wizards only had 5 wins all season, John Wall comes back, suddenly they have won two straight games by ten or more points

---------- Post added January 15, 2013 at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was January 14, 2013 at 10:32 PM ----------

John Wall making Ish Smith look foolish

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the supposed weigh he has put on his belly works out well for Wall..
    And Ish Smith is so hopeless..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The so called "Fat Wall of China" has not looked the least bit out of shape. He struggled shooting last night, but still got the line, made his free throws, and hit some big shots down the stretch. Even when he's not on the court, the offensive flow of the team has vastly improved since his return.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

The Wizards are a strange, strange team.
    Wall is a Pg who isn't a pass first Pg, yet he can't make a shot to save his life.
    Nene is their best player, but he can't be on the court all season.
    With the trades they made last yearr, they should be fighting for the playoffs... but they aren't

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    The Wizards are a strange, strange team.
    Wall is a Pg who isn't a pass first Pg, yet he can't make a shot to save his life.
    Nene is their best player, but he can't be on the court all season.
    With the trades they made last yearr, they should be fighting for the playoffs... but they aren't
    Wall is a pass first PG, 8.1 APG career. He definitely is not a scoring point guard, he looks to pass on nearly every possession. He usually only shoots when the ball comes back to him. He's always compared to Derrick Rose, but that's a lazy comparison, only made because both were Calipari point guards taken number 1. His style of play is much more similar to Rajon Rondo, a pass first point guard limited by his lack of consistent jump shot. Rondo also took a few years to develop, emerging in his third year, not an all star caliber guard until his fourth year. Wall was also hampered by playing with JaVale McGee, Nick Young, and Dray Blatche.

I didn't like any of Grunfelds moves. Nene has always been injuring prone, with a cap killing deal. Both Ariza and Okafor are overpaid role players. At least their contracts both run out after next season. Both will be valuable trade bait this summer. In the short term they are cap cloggers who's presence killed a franchise changing deal. The Thunder offered Hardin for Brad Beale and Chris Singleton, the Wizards declined rather than face the new, higher luxury tax. If not for the Ariza/Okafor trade, our back court would be John Wall and James Hardin.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he has a high apg... but I still think that he's more of a scoring PG. I mean, yes he can put a lot of asts, but he's not a ture floor general. He can't organize his team as a whole. At least this is my perception of his game so far.
    You desrver a better answer, but I'm too drunk for that... hahaha
    anyway.. Lakers have a winning streak of 2 games, that obviously means championship.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think Wall's style isn't anywhere near Rose. He was called a pass-first PG coming out of draft, and regardless of the numbers, I could say he has been doing that. And we have to cut him some slack for playing alongside Nick Young and not killing him. You want to know why Nick Young's assist numbers are that bad? Because he can't pass? No, because he doesn't even try to pass, uh.

As dumb as he might be, I was against the idea of trading McGee for Nene. McGee could potentially overcome his mentality problems within a good team. Nene's injury history was almost a permanent given. The failed trade actually was a fortunate thing for the Thunder. Beal may be the real deal, but he wouldn't be doing great things as a contender's 6th man (Granted, I still think Martin is going to be trash come play-off time).
    That Wizards team cannot be organized as a whole. That's a problem unrelated to Wall. They first have to shake off that unspoken "the worst in the NBA" title. The Cavs and the Bobcats aren't that far away, though.
    Anyway, the next draft class isn't as deep as this one was, so, tanking it to take a top pick should be a priority. Someone like Noel could be a good prospect going forward.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that the teams is disfunctional as a whole and it undermines Wall's work... not having a good coach doesn't help either
    but that's kind of my point
    A point guard should be a floor general, if everything is going south it's his job to slow down, put guys on the right places and call good plays
    And don't see he doing that, I see he trying hard adn blowing by defenders, but I don't thnk that he figured out the pro game yet

anyway, I kind of have a beef with calipari huys hahaha

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

He's just overrated. Coming out of college, I saw comparisons being drawn to Michael Jordan, so, we have every right to label him as a disappointment so far.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's still only 22, and only played two full seasons, one lock-out shortened. It's to early to label him a disappointment. He still does not have much of a cast around him, though this team is actually an improvement over last year's team.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

As good as he may become one day, he isn't going to have that level of impact over the game from the looks of it, I can say. Though, I admit those kind of expectations were burdening him in an unfair way, too.
    Anyway, Wall-Beal combination seems to be working well. They are still raw to make noise as a duo, but if they stay together, they may be an excellent one-two punch. Apparently, Beal has already benefited from Wall's return. Wall, on the other hand, needs to cut into his turnover numbers as a pass-first PG. If he's not going to develop into a scoring PG, that assist to turnover ratio should go up. I would prefer him to be more Rondo-esque, rather than play Russ Westbrook's game.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

The NBA All-Star Game Roster are announced!
    Congrats James Harden!

New Reply
Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast