Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread: The Basketball Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NBA Thread

This is still NBA related so...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda wish all the NBA teams had done it...

I must say I'm very much looking forward to the playoffs (mainly the western side) between the Lakers push, OKC's determination, and a possible HEAT dynasty happening I think we're in for some good basketball. I also would love to see an OKC vs Houston first round....

OKC draft blueprint

Nice article on what the Thunder have done to improve through the draft
    Last edited by Tenacious Weezy; March 06, 2013 at 11:57 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone should check out this week's Shaqtin' A Fool, roo

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

dafuq was this Lakers comeback

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Celtics made a great comeback, as well.
    They ended the game on a 11-0 run against the Pacers.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I predicted a blow out in that one but boy was i wrong. I really wonder if boston is better without rondo or if it was just Avery Bradley coming back that improved them. Unfortunately while boston has the potential to beat any team in the east whose offense is initiated by a guard, Miami is the obvious exception to that. On top of that the current Miami team is much better than they werein the first half of the season.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Did someone see the burger scandal in Philadelphia?

I like keeping this barely in topic btw

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Weezy View Post
    Yeah I predicted a blow out in that one but boy was i wrong. I really wonder if boston is better without rondo or if it was just Avery Bradley coming back that improved them. Unfortunately while boston has the potential to beat any team in the east whose offense is initiated by a guard, Miami is the obvious exception to that. On top of that the current Miami team is much better than they werein the first half of the season.
    Celtics fans are torn between those two answers in general or so it seems.
    A crucial Hawks game coming up tonight.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

D-Will putting on a show against the Wizards. 8 first half treys en route to 30 points in 14 minutes.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

And another one! 9 first half treys! Deron is just four three pointers away from an all-time NBA record!
    Well, he fell short. 11 is the final number for 42 points.
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; March 08, 2013 at 09:53 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Hardy- that was a good video bomb! His focus to stay there was amazing. Much better than Chris Bosh who is unparalleled in quantity.

@Haku- how do you not break the record? Geese that's disappointing I mean no one cares about breaking the record for a half lol. I'm not a Boston fan but I think the hawks were a gimme even though it went to OT. The real test is OKC on the road.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he kinda went cold in the second half. Still 10 three pointers on his way to a 42-3-5 in a win is sounding a lot more like Deron. He has been a shadow of himself this season, but after the all-star break, he put together some nice games.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Typically after the Olympics players have career years. Only him and Igoudala have been subpar this year. However they both had to adjust to new teams so its understandable. How about kobe? He's really defying the odds, if he keeps this up for 2 more years the points scored record is his easy and honestly at that point I'd consider him the best SG ever simply on longevity. Remember jordan retired twice and he wasn't in the league until he was 21.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he has been bugged by injuries for quite a while, to be fair. He has just recently went under new technology treatment in the all-star break and apparently the pain has gone.
    It's true that Michael retired twice and played less years than Kobe in the league, but regardless, his competition was fierce. Before he took over the best of his generation, he had to battle through the tail ends of the careers of greats like Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, Larry Bird and Clyde Drexler. Not to mention the all-time great centers in Hakeem, David Robinson, Pat Ewing. Kobe didn't have it, so, his career will never quite live up to it no matter what he does.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure if I'm happy with the Lakers'grit wins or sad that it were against Toronto and New Orleans

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol I know it sounds weird but I really meant kobe would be the best shooting guard whereas Michael is still the best player ever. Michael best test were against Detroit which took a while and maybe Utah for a few years. kobe has won over a longer period of time in a league with a lot more turnover so that's why I like the longevity. Plus if we go by SG vs SG match ups he's been tested a lot more. Michael only really had Drexler as comp throughout his career and reggie miller at times everyone else he rolled over but I agree there were great big men in his era. kobe has seen iverson, carter, mcgrady, Allen, Ginobli, wade, harden, etc. It's a much higher level of competition he deals with and to do it for so long is crazy. MJ is the most dominant guard ever though and he never lost in the finals but I'd like to see him in the league now. Defense isn't as physical nowadays but the schemes are much better. Personally I always thought MJ was more of an "ahead of his time" type of player like wilt chamberlain than a "once in a generation type" like magic. Kobe honestly is just his reincarnation in the modern era. The only difference is kobe was never THE MAN until after shaq left and he can't palm the ball.

On the lakers....well they gotta win the games they should. Even the heat during their winning streak has barely won over bottom feeders.
    Last edited by Tenacious Weezy; March 09, 2013 at 02:26 PM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the schemes are nice today, but there is one thing you are overlooking: Hand check. That rule really allowed more and more guys to emerge as pure scorers in the league. MJ did not have such a comfort.
    I'd probably guess Magic was more unique. At least, the stories would say so, like they tell about Oscar Robertson.

Kobe's longevity is unquestionable, though. He outlasted all the guys you listed up there. Manu is an exception, but well, Manu has never been a scorer primarily, so, yeah, I'd agree with that much.

New Reply
Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast