Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This week (Roads 80-81-82-83) discussion and prediction

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member "~Mail~"'s Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This week (Roads 80-81) discussion and prediction

This should be openly discussed, how on earth Naturezza being able to entered R Madrid w/o 1 full match experience (there is a stipulation that a player must play atleast 'x' number of national games before he can go to another continent).

And also being able to play straight 3 league matches (without substitution) and become the starting lineup of Madrid. Is Madrid a small club for anyone without a resume to play?

Not even a club before or even a manager to exploit those, this is somewhat kind of inexcusable.

They can lose a match, but in this case they have Naturezza whom can score against Genzo the S.G.G.K. easily. If he can do that in every 15 minutes against Barca, then surely they can go 6-x (your choice of Barca score).

And Barca is on bad luck streak, can you suddenly have good luck (w/o the curse of WY) and winning something as Classico?

And Barca GK seems to loose before, can he countered someone as TOO GOD DAMN GOOD as Naturezza? If so, the S.G.G.K. should be to Valdes.

Back on Barca, when did Rivaul entered there? Does Barca were good before he entered? If so, then they should be able to compensate Rivaul anytime but they didn't which make us see that Barca is not that good if there isn't a backup player for Top Shita (even before Tsubasa entered).
    Last edited by "~Mail~"; May 09, 2009 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "~Mail~" View Post
    This should be openly discussed, how on earth Naturezza being able to entered R Madrid w/o 1 full match experience (there is a stipulation that a player must play atleast 'x' number of national games before he can go to another continent).

And also being able to play straight 3 league matches (without substitution) and become the starting lineup of Madrid. Is Madrid a small club for anyone without a resume to play?

Not even a club before or even a manager to exploit those, this is somewhat kind of inexcusable.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    They can lose a match, but in this case they have Naturezza whom can score against Genzo the S.G.G.K. easily. If he can do that in every 15 minutes against Barca, then surely they can go 6-x (your choice of Barca score).

And Barca is on bad luck streak, can you suddenly have good luck (w/o the curse of WY) and winning something as Classico?

And Barca GK seems to loose before, can he countered someone as TOO GOD DAMN GOOD as Naturezza? If so, the S.G.G.K. should be to Valdes.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Back on Barca, when did Rivaul entered there? Does Barca were good before he entered? If so, then they should be able to compensate Rivaul anytime but they didn't which make us see that Barca is not that good if there isn't a backup player for Top Shita (even before Tsubasa entered).
    Regarding Natureza, i think the traning scenes says why he was a regular

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes you think you'll never have some kind of explanation on how Natureza managed to get in Real madrid?

So for you, Natureza isn't good enough to join Madrid, but he's good enough to win against the whole barca team on his own? In other words, Natureza is a god just when you feel like it...?

What if Madrid has Natureza?
    Brazil Youth had Natureza and they lost.
    Schneider can score to Wakabayashi, and Germany lost 3-5 to Sweden, with just an average GK.

Of course you can have bad then good luck o_O Are you telling me that you can actually predict who can have good and bad luck? Tell me when I'll have good luck then, I'll travel to Vegas

It was stated that Rivaul joined Barca with Van Saal 6 years ago. I guess you're not reading the manga after all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This week (Roads 80-81-82) discussion and prediction

With the skill Naturezza has, I don't think one needs more than a single training session to be convinced he can take part in any team in the world. The fact he chose Madrid was simply to continue his rivalry with Tsubasa and let's not forget Santana is also in Spain. As for the match practice issue - that is only implemented in some leagues, like the English Premiership, where you can't get a working visa unless you've competed in 75% of your countries' national team matches in the past 2 years (not sure about the percentage, but it was something like that). As far as I know, Spain's La Liga doesn't have that limitation.

And finally on the issue of how you can stop Naturezza from scoring, it's all about having someone who can limit his opportunities and while it may have seemed Japan's WY squad didn't have those kind of players, the world of professional football most certainly has them and Barca should have means of stopping him even without Tsubasa. And by stopping, I mean not letting him alone score more than 3-4 But you do realize Tsubasa will no doubt make a big effort to mark him, so I don't think Naturezza will score more than a hattrick against Barca.

Having re-read my previous post, here's my detailed prediction about the Barcelona - Real Madrid game:

Barsa win 4-3 with a hattrick by Tsubasa and one more by Rivaul, who comes in while Barcelona are in a pinch. Naturezza only scores 2, so it can be stated Tsubasa did a better job. Someone else from Real scores the 3rd - either Figo or Carlos.

Oh, also chap 82 is out. Once I've wrapped up my Flight Safety studies, I'll have a look and hopefully 83 will also be out by then
    Last edited by chaos_master; May 09, 2009 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This week (Roads 80-81-82) discussion and prediction

Didn't expect Radunga to be there (actually I totally forgot about his existence lol), and obviously he'll probably be the one to kick confidence into Tsubasa for the match. I expected someone to peep talk Tsubasa, but I was thinking a short "battle" from Rivaul or someone Japanese, like Wakabayashi coming to watch his match. Did we ever know where Radunga played in Europe? I can only recall Radunga went to Europe in Roberto's story.

These prematch chapters are killing me >.> Though, they're nice to read!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This week (Roads 80-81-82-83) discussion and prediction

I don't think I'll be able to release another chapter Sunday, so here is my little review of every chapter as usual.

Road 80: I liked how all these thoughts are haunting Tsubasa's dreams. Overall, in Road to 2002, I tend to like Tsubasa more, he's more human. Losing to Rivaul, disappointed to play in 2nd division and now having troubles handling the pressure. But the best part was Natureza, it's as if he's displaying a supernatural soccer everytime we see him. Makes you eagr to see his performances during the match. I don't remember who said that this chapter had nothing special, but if this Twin Shoot wasn't something special, then nothing in CT is special
    Road 81: It was nice again to see Van Saal trying to help Tsubasa to overcome the pressure by going to the Camp Nou, and ending up worsening things... How the pressure appeared just with Tsuabsa's point of view on the stadiums was well-thought.
    Road 82: I like this kind of cover, it looks simple, yet we feel the weight of pressure on Tsubasa that prevents him from crossing the line. Van Saal is kind of admitting to have an old-fashioned soccer, relying on the game maker. Tsubasa's lack of confidence when he compares himself to Rivaul makes him more human again. And Finally, Radunga appears... That's what I like with Takahashi, at first you think that he's just improvising, introducing Radunga in the beginning of Road, and wayyyyy later, here he appears. Although sports manga are relatively poor in terms of scenario, with this, Takahashi proves that the story was well-thought from the beginning: Radunga was introduced...
    Road 83: For this very moment. Maybe he has even more plans for him... And that's also a way for him to show something that I felt was, somehow lacking, more details on how Tsubasa fared in Sao Paulo. And although he was successful, it's reassuring to see that he did mistakes and that he was backed up.

bax: It was never mentioned where Radunga went in europe... Until now Since the answer was given in Road 83, I was eager to release it so you could know

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Naturezza can go to Spain - any South American speaking Spanish can play in the La Liga, but registered as foreigner I think, and can gain a EU Permit after 2 years instead of the usual 5 in UK or 3 in Belgium, Poland etc.

Quote Quote:
    In that case my prediction is 7-6 to Barcelona then, with Tsubasa making 4 assist and 3 goals or something ridiculous.
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    bax: It was never mentioned where Radunga went in europe... Until now Since the answer was given in Road 83, I was eager to release it so you could know
    *without lookign at ch83*

I thought Roberto was saying he went to Europe >.> When he was explaining the Brazilian system, like "Radunga left Brazil to Europe, and now Tsubasa is following his footsteps" kind of thing.... Maybe I read and understand it wrong lol

And also, thanks for the thought \o/

EDIT: Actually it did say he transferred to Europe in Ch1 Pg19. So I wasn't imagining things xD

EDIT: Oh wait, that wasn't my question lol Yeah, we never knew where he transferred to Europe prior to Ch83. My bad
    Last edited by bax; May 09, 2009 at 02:36 PM.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinji:
    About Naturezza - Yes, I was contradicting his play-permit. He has the skill but never once had full international debut. What make me ponder is why he's able to be in the starting lineup of Madrid as if Madrid does have a hole in the midfield that Naturezza can himself entered.

About Rivaul - ok, I don't have enough memory to remember and recheck every chapter, but Barca during (when he entered) should atleast have a play maker whom should at least compete with him. So, the question is, why didn't Barca have the backup play maker? Figa@Fago may-or-may-not be a play maker for Barca, but he's the right midfielder. Who else was there on the that 2001-02 team? Iniesta was on the Barca B [link]http://www.footballdatabase.com/index.php?page=player&Id=582&pn=Andrés_Iniesta[/link].

Well, after reading the 82-83 chapter, it seems that Barca wasn't using any play maker type of football which seems very wrong. Van Saal have too much pride in Rivaul that he didn't acknowledge any play maker that was in Barca to be his main actor, hmmm isn't it?

Luis Enpoli is the main@best utility player and as a backup player. If he's the best as what Shinji translated, then how come they still lost the previous game? Rivaul isn't playing the last game right? If he's (was gonna be) the backup play maker, then if they think they can beat the Classico challenge, it will be too confidence in themselves.
    Last edited by "~Mail~"; May 09, 2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if you don't have a hole, if you have a god like player like you've said, you put him on the field >_> As to how he made himself known to Madrid, wait until you actually see it.

Barca lost the last game because Rivaul AND Gonzales weren't playing and Van Saal was sick. You should know this as well.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    Even if you don't have a hole, if you have a god like player like you've said, you put him on the field >_> As to how he made himself known to Madrid, wait until you actually see it.

Barca lost the last game because Rivaul AND Gonzales weren't playing and Van Saal was sick. You should know this as well.
    Well so we will see Nauteraza (whatever) introduction too.. thats well interesting and boring at the same time.. interesting as we will know how he felt after losing to Tsubasa, boring coz it might drag on taking the focus away from Tsubasa.

Well the twin shoot was quite frightening like Carlos was saying. Also the pressure being felt by Tsubasa, was never expected. I mean he was always shown as a super hero, even when he went to Brazil. This is the first time he is being shown as a human. Even his 2nd division matches proved he was slightly of a super hero..

Anyways jsut cant wait for the match to start..

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's boring if the focus isn't just on Tsubasa. More than just 1 character having the spotlight is one of the strength of this manga.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

This time I agree on Shinji. Focus more on others but not at their supernatural skills or powers.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Then you don't agree with me The special techniques are the best thing of this manga.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree on special techniques, but not SUPERNATURAL technique. Most of these special techniques are implementable and only few are not. These implementable techniques are what I like but a few of them have too much end results like make a HOLE in the net which is "quite" IMPOSSIBLE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast