Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1014

Thread: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

  1. #751
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tsuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Antarctica
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    Assuming current spoilers are true, this chapter brings us blatant usages of deus ex machina, inconsistent characterizations, illogical storytelling, flawed morality lessons, and half-assed resolutions/abandonments to ongoing plotlines. I wouldn't even rate this chapter a 0/5. I'm ready to call "worse chapter ever" because these developments are something you'd only find in crap like Naruto, Negima, and Fairy Tail. This spoiler makes it feel like the chapter was written by a random fanfiction writer than Nisio himself.
    I think you are sort of similar to that person in Naruto forums, who called Medaka a slut and said she had the ability to inexplicably change clothes mid-chapter after only seeing 2 pages from a 19 page chapter. It reminds me of last week, when people saw Anshin'in going "Pa~n" and thought it as "Fin" for some reason I honestly can't figure out. I'm not even sure why anyone would read Nisio with that mindset, it's sickening. That's why people feel the need to merge every fandoms name with retard, though I doubt you count as a nisio fan to begin with, so the real nisio fans' titles aren't tainted.


    Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I know I should be more focused on WTF Aijimu is going to learn about "reality", and if Medaka is really the right teacher for her, but I'm too distracted by the kiss. Its just so rare for a main character couple to actually become canon before the manga ends its making my head spin. @__@ I wonder how long it'll take before Nisio trolls it, it just seems so unreal. I'm more excited about the concept of seeing Medaka being in love and stuff (Not that she'll be lovey-dovey...that I KNOW won't happen). It'll drive everyone crazy, that's for sure!

    Oh and um, the real answer to Aijimu's delusion? She's been infected with an idea, of course. To stop the madess Medaka and co. will just have to go deeper.
    Nisio always has official couples when it suits the story and the characterization. (Araragi~Senjougahara, Ii-chan~Tomo, Shichika~Togame and so on...) He is great at creating unique interactions between them too. I'd be surprised if someone (like Fra---something) called Medaka&Zenkichi out of character or bad writing or anything... People are okay with love at first sight, but not love for the person who gave you your reason to live and finally created an opportunity for your love to work?

    Anyway... I'm sure the following chapters will be great.


    Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    Yeah, seeing Medaka in the last page being too feminine and all is really weird. But this is NisiOisiN here so expect further trolling.
    I'm sick of people calling Nisio a troll. He is in no way as crass as a troll when he plays with the readers and the characters. A troll would just say "the manga will end" and then not end it. It wouldn't be able to wrap it all up with punny analogies --hell, a regular troll wouldn't even be able to wrap it all up. He is a skillful writer who spends chapter after chapter not to just mess and play with the reader, but also set up a base for the story. After all, for Anshin'in-san's part, nothing was "messing with the reader". Every single thing she did had a meaning towards her story's end.

    Then again, it's just a term and I doubt anyone will stop using it when they only see Nisio through a 19 page window every week and even then claim he is a bad writer without even seeing the conclusion he is going for, so pardon me for pointing out something that bothers me.
    Last edited by Tsuji; March 30, 2012 at 12:30 AM.
    「それでは零崎を始めよう」

    「傑作だぜ」

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #752
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    utgard
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    This was kinda epic, Ajimu's disorder (did anyone google if that really exists in a less extreme way?) and the kiss wrapped this arc up in a typical Nisio like way (which is good). In the end even with all the abnormalities it's still reality for the characters in that world
    Cant wait for the anime AND the new arc.
    Last edited by Raijatsu; March 30, 2012 at 12:32 AM.

  4. #753
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    Assuming current spoilers are true, this chapter brings us blatant usages of deus ex machina, inconsistent characterizations, illogical storytelling, flawed morality lessons, and half-assed resolutions/abandonments to ongoing plotlines. I wouldn't even rate this chapter a 0/5. I'm ready to call "worse chapter ever" because these developments are something you'd only find in crap like Naruto, Negima, and Fairy Tail. This spoiler makes it feel like the chapter was written by a random fanfiction writer than Nisio himself.
    You know all of this was on purpose right? Look up satire, and parody, that is pretty much what he did and thats why its so great.

    God that was such an EPIC chapter, hope zenkichi continues to win and keeps his girl lol...this manga got even MORE interesting.
    Last edited by Atobe the king; March 30, 2012 at 03:29 AM.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  5. #754
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuji View Post
    I'm sick of people calling Nisio a troll. He is in no way as crass as a troll when he plays with the readers and the characters. A troll would just say "the manga will end" and then not end it. It wouldn't be able to wrap it all up with punny analogies --hell, a regular troll wouldn't even be able to wrap it all up. He is a skillful writer who spends chapter after chapter not to just mess and play with the reader, but also set up a base for the story. After all, for Anshin'in-san's part, nothing was "messing with the reader". Every single thing she did had a meaning towards her story's end.

    Then again, it's just a term and I doubt anyone will stop using it when they only see Nisio through a 19 page window every week and even then claim he is a bad writer without even seeing the conclusion he is going for, so pardon me for pointing out something that bothers me.
    I don't get it too, for me it was just an epic plot twist. Anshin'in really planned to end the manga by killing herself so her statement was true. Medaka was able to stop her plan and so the story will continue, I couldn't have imagined a better continuation of the story, this was a genius move by Nishio

    and WTF they really kissed, wonder how they will behave from now on Glad to see the story isn't ending yet, more Medaka, more Kumagawa, more Anshin'in. What more do you want?

  6. #755
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Israel
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    513
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    In wikipedia there was an update that the anime will not be done in a format of 13 episodes this spring and another 13 in the fall but a straight minimum of 45 episodes, has something like that appeared in any other news?

  7. #756
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    685
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    Quote Originally Posted by susanoo13 View Post
    In wikipedia there was an update that the anime will not be done in a format of 13 episodes this spring and another 13 in the fall but a straight minimum of 45 episodes, has something like that appeared in any other news?
    Not from what I've heard, and wikipedia can do silly things like that some times so we should probably ignore it.
    I haven't heard that it's been changed though, but I'll ask around anyway.

    EDIT:
    Apparently it comes from these listings which now say 45 episodes. However, it's really weird if this were the case, seeing as it's a late night anime. There's no ruling out the chance that they're wrong, as supposedly they've been wrong before.

    Last edited by [Cross]; March 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM.

  8. #757
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    Wow...even better news...thanks for the heads up guys.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  9. #758
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cave of Wonders
    Country
    Pakistan
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    Quote Originally Posted by Raijatsu View Post
    This was kinda epic, Ajimu's disorder (did anyone google if that really exists in a less extreme way?) and the kiss wrapped this arc up in a typical Nisio like way (which is good). In the end even with all the abnormalities it's still reality for the characters in that world
    Cant wait for the anime AND the new arc.
    Of course it does. Someone performed inception on her.

    The past couple of chapters I really dreaded reading, I was pretty much expecting Zenkichi to be rejected (or rather, left open-ended). I'm also glad there's a new arc.

    @Tsuji -- Osananajimi FTW, that's all I can say. They were the only viable option. If Medaka didn't reciprocate then she'd simply be single throughout the rest of the manga.

  10. #759
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tsuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Antarctica
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    Quote Originally Posted by [Cross] View Post
    Not from what I've heard, and wikipedia can do silly things like that some times so we should probably ignore it.
    I haven't heard that it's been changed though, but I'll ask around anyway.

    EDIT:
    Apparently it comes from these listings which now say 45 episodes. However, it's really weird if this were the case, seeing as it's a late night anime. There's no ruling out the chance that they're wrong, as supposedly they've been wrong before.

    http://puu.sh/n5EX

    I hope the news is false or there is something else to it. Maybe 26+26 like Bakuman? Gainax already made bad decisions about Medaka, but going 45 episodes nonstop could be even worse... They usually run out of budget pretty quickly --not to mention, as Cross pointed out, it's a late night anime. They already lost half of Medaka's arrogant grandeur when the design switched to straight lines from Akatsuki's dynamic lines and made three and a half bad seiyuu choices..... if they go all the way to Kumagawa and Anshin'in in one go, I'm worried about the bad decisions continuing.

    @Teeba~ Osananajimi FTW!! Exactly... C= 2 year old Zenkichi was smart. He made it so Medaka wouldn't accept anyone's confession until he himself was ready to confess. (He bid his time while learning how to disassemble bazookas and befriend big eaters.)


    I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but here is a picture of the Medaka Box cast. (I wonder if anyone can find the 3.5 mistakes below)

    「それでは零崎を始めよう」

    「傑作だぜ」

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #760
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuji View Post
    I think you are sort of similar to that person in Naruto forums, who called Medaka a slut and said she had the ability to inexplicably change clothes mid-chapter after only seeing 2 pages from a 19 page chapter. It reminds me of last week, when people saw Anshin'in going "Pa~n" and thought it as "Fin" for some reason I honestly can't figure out. I'm not even sure why anyone would read Nisio with that mindset, it's sickening. That's why people feel the need to merge every fandoms name with retard, though I doubt you count as a nisio fan to begin with, so the real nisio fans' titles aren't tainted.
    You have a narrow view on the people who read Medaka Box. Personally I dislike the main cast (Zenkichi is the character I dislike the most); what interests me is the crazy abilities and the underlying writing mechanics of the plot. I've also been vocal that Medaka would "Pan~n" if a fight broke out and the author was probably joking when Ajimu said the manga would end before the anime. Most readers won't care too much on subjects such as Nisio's storytelling, but I do care since I am a writer myself. I'm in a very small minority regarding the people who comment on the series.

    I do vaguely recall someone on narutoforums calling Medaka a "slut" and other things. Probably the only thing we have in common is our dislike of Medaka and making a scathing comment, the key difference I focus on Nisio's storytelling. Other than that we probably have nothing else in common.

    Quote Quote:
    I'm sick of people calling Nisio a troll. He is in no way as crass as a troll when he plays with the readers and the characters. A troll would just say "the manga will end" and then not end it. It wouldn't be able to wrap it all up with punny analogies --hell, a regular troll wouldn't even be able to wrap it all up. He is a skillful writer who spends chapter after chapter not to just mess and play with the reader, but also set up a base for the story. After all, for Anshin'in-san's part, nothing was "messing with the reader". Every single thing she did had a meaning towards her story's end.

    Then again, it's just a term and I doubt anyone will stop using it when they only see Nisio through a 19 page window every week and even then claim he is a bad writer without even seeing the conclusion he is going for, so pardon me for pointing out something that bothers me.
    I wouldn't call Nisio a troll with what he did this chapter. I would call him a quack instead. Besides seeing a "conversion" that was brought about with deus ex machina, convoluted, and written to ensure Medaka's flimsy revelence to the plot, there are other traits that make this chapter an epic failure. This chapter is actually the coup de grace to problems that have been ongoing for quite a while now with Nisio's handling of his storytelling. I'd need to write an essay on the subject, however. So I won't dive any more into the subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    You know all of this was on purpose right? Look up satire, and parody, that is pretty much what he did and thats why its so great.

    God that was such an EPIC chapter, hope zenkichi continues to win and keeps his girl lol...this manga got even MORE interesting.
    You'd have a point if Medaka Box was a gag manga in the same league as other titles such as Dr. Slump and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, which it ain't. As I mention to Tsuji, the problems with this chapter are numerous and ridiculous. In truth this chapter is actually the coup de grace to problems that have been ongoing for quite a while now with Nisio's handling of his storytelling. I'd need to write an essay on the subject, however. So I won't dive any more into the subject.

  13. #761
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    I found the romance angle amusing, and very strange and befitting of Medaka. In a way, she had to be helped like she had helped others (Zenkichi fixed his mistake). Her grateful feelings are not unlike the people who she helped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    I wouldn't call Nisio a troll with what he did this chapter. I would call him a quack instead. Besides seeing a "conversion" that was brought about with deus ex machina, convoluted, and written to ensure Medaka's flimsy revelence to the plot
    I think it was brought in to underline that, despite Zenkichi's success in defeating Medaka in a fair challenge, Medaka still has her insane skills. Since she can no longer help the average students (abnormalities aside), doesn't it make sense that she helps the most inhuman person there - one who she has the strangest interaction, largely because they are so similar?

    In general, this chapter is a way of reversing the feelings following the bitter defeat of Medaka last chapter.

    Quote Quote:
    You'd have a point if Medaka Box was a gag manga in the same league as other titles such as Dr. Slump and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, which it ain't. As I mention to Tsuji, the problems with this chapter are numerous and ridiculous.
    I think Nisio knows that his writing and set-up from the get-go was flawed. That's why he has utilized it to be a giant pun, and yes this chapter is a giant pun. I think it lost that in translation.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

  14. #762
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tsuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Antarctica
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    You have a narrow view on the people who read Medaka Box. Personally I dislike the main cast (Zenkichi is the character I dislike the most); what interests me is the crazy abilities and the underlying writing mechanics of the plot. I've also been vocal that Medaka would "Pan~n" if a fight broke out and the author was probably joking when Ajimu said the manga would end before the anime. Most readers won't care too much on subjects such as Nisio's storytelling, but I do care since I am a writer myself. I'm in a very small minority regarding the people who comment on the series.

    I do vaguely recall someone on narutoforums calling Medaka a "slut" and other things. Probably the only thing we have in common is our dislike of Medaka and making a scathing comment, the key difference I focus on Nisio's storytelling. Other than that we probably have nothing else in common.



    I wouldn't call Nisio a troll with what he did this chapter. I would call him a quack instead. Besides seeing a "conversion" that was brought about with deus ex machina, convoluted, and written to ensure Medaka's flimsy revelence to the plot, there are other traits that make this chapter an epic failure. This chapter is actually the coup de grace to problems that have been ongoing for quite a while now with Nisio's handling of his storytelling. I'd need to write an essay on the subject, however. So I won't dive any more into the subject.



    You'd have a point if Medaka Box was a gag manga in the same league as other titles such as Dr. Slump and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, which it ain't. As I mention to Tsuji, the problems with this chapter are numerous and ridiculous. In truth this chapter is actually the coup de grace to problems that have been ongoing for quite a while now with Nisio's handling of his storytelling. I'd need to write an essay on the subject, however. So I won't dive any more into the subject.

    Honestly, I can't even laugh this off with Katte ni Kaizo. Such distasteful joke...
    I could, at the very least, respect your opinion as a person who reads Medaka Box if a) you didn't comment on the whole chapter based on 2 spoiler images before actual raws came out (which is why I said you were similar to the person who saw Medaka kiss Zenkichi and called her a slut) and b) you didn't call yourself a writer. (I remember a time only people like T.C. Boyle could rip a new one to accomplished writers -- not some nobody who claims to be a writer and uses vague terms he picked up from tvtropes to bash a series without giving solid proof.)

    And yet, I can't be certain -- maybe you really are a good wri---- I can't even finish that. You dislike the main cast but like the crazy abilities? We are talking about Nisio Isin here... If you said "I don't like this certain decision (--I wanted to see the interaction between Kanbaru and Karen you set me up for 6 friggin' chapters. T_T)" it'd be understandable, but saying outright that you dislike the main cast is rejecting Nisio as a whole and even after that calling him a lousy writer later is inconsistent with you liking underlying plot mechanics. Nisio's unique characters and the interaction between them are the best parts of his writing --though the plot and writing style, the flawless narration are also other best part... (It's the best as a whole, really...) If only you could actually say "this this and this was a bad decision... This led to this and that led to that..." in a more detailed manner and actually using the real terms and characters from the series instead of stuff like "Deus Ex Machina". Medaka Box is a satire on Jump, God Mode Sues and God Mode Anti-Sues... Expecting it to please you while still thinking a term like "Deus Ex Machina" is fitting to use while talking about it makes you unqualified to comment to begin with. If only others shared your opinion of 0/5 so deeply, I would just say "Oh, there is something wrong... I'm just too blinded by my love of Soushiki and Saito to see the flaws in Medaka."

    This all makes me think you have a narrow view on the Medaka fans instead. Not just on the fans, but even the series itself. I understand people like [Cross] who said "he can't end this with so many plot lines unresolved", but I can't understand someone who rejects Nisio to this extent and continues reading. I'd say read JoJo instead, but I'm sure the great writer would find flaws with it as well~ Please enlighten us with your misguided, over-embellished views on JoJo as well if you get the chance. ^^

    Oh and about the quack thing... There was a time when salesman who made and sold "medicine" would claim to be a doctor to get people to believe the medicine was the real deal. They were quacks. Someone calling himself a writer (with only writing under his nickname that comes up online some crap called the last day of school [can you please show me where you write, oh great writer. I wish to read a few sentences of it and then bash it for no apparent reason and despite no one agreeing with my opinion.]) so his over the top, baseless, subjective critic can be accepted is much more of a quack in my --somewhat narrow, mind you-- view.

    @earhtforge: I don't think Nisio changed anything or saw a flaw. It was meant to be this way from the beginning. Otherwise there wouldn't be this much consistency. You'd be hearing some "captains" going "no no... we said before that U, U and S were the oldest, but that person who just inexplicably died in B mode and was knocked out by a punch from a newbie SS way before was in fact the strongest who refused the position of captain many times." So much consistency and forethought~ =w= Now, there is a quack AND a troll... But this is about Medaka, so, I'm sorry for offending the fans of a certain off-color strawberry.


    And finally, I will most likely be ignoring the great writer's words from now on for my own sanity --especially if they contain troll or quack-like lines-- so I apologize to everyone I may have offended unwillingly while trying to respond a tro---great writer.
    「それでは零崎を始めよう」

    「傑作だぜ」

  15. #763
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    @Frankie, i lol'd. Anyway...i cant believe at this point people aren't realizing this is on purpose....he's making fun of the popular manga that get away with these things on virtue of their popularity. All the meta jokes and jump references were supposed to make this obvious but somehow its flying over peoples heads, that was such a blatant deus ex machina i thought it was obvious. Medaka is OP, unstoppable (this is acknowledged in universe ffs) and has asspull abilities w/e she needs them...much like the other popular shounen heroes, Kumagawa should be unbeatable but lost because he acknowledged that he cant beat the MC? You really think he's not using satire to make fun of whats wrong with the shounen genre? And to drive the point home...he has the dark hero explain why he'd much rather read jump square than jump. It makes a lot of sense to me because i stopped reading those mangas for the points he seems to be making fun of
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  16. #764
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I don't get it too, for me it was just an epic plot twist. Anshin'in really planned to end the manga by killing herself so her statement was true. Medaka was able to stop her plan and so the story will continue, I couldn't have imagined a better continuation of the story, this was a genius move by Nishio

    and WTF they really kissed, wonder how they will behave from now on Glad to see the story isn't ending yet, more Medaka, more Kumagawa, more Anshin'in. What more do you want?
    This arc was imo the strangest arc which has been served in Medaka Box (and/or any other shounen). The objective of Anshin'in was very clear but the triggers were really complex and thought out to an extent that no one would have expected the final trigger. Zenkichi's role, Kumagawa's role, etc... for some reason, you were always wondering what the outcome might have been and eventually it ends with the biggest irony of all. Medaka lost to Zenkichi but as the protagonist, she saved the manga. The surrealism and the irony in this arc were at its best

    Medaka saved the whole manga again, even though she lost the elections, even though she lost all those people's hate, support or whatever which made her medaka
    Last edited by Koen; March 31, 2012 at 06:20 PM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #765
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

    Spoiler show

    Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    Spoiler show
    I realize the author's intent and Ajimu's conversion had been coming for the past 50 chapters. If I had to describe this chapter - the arc too - in general, it'd be..."lackluster". To paraphrase Koen, this arc is unlike any of the previous arcs. There is a major breakdown in the quality of writing when compared to the previous arcs, and strangely this arc is considerably shorter when compared to the Class (-)13 arcs. You could drop at least half the chapters in this arc because of how the outcomes were rendered null/meaningless, and the outcome would still be the same. Nisio might salvage the situation, but I'm not expecting anything with how he handled things this arc.

New Reply
Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts