Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

I'm not surprised, this is exactly what was going to be covered.

I think the chapter was way too fast in rushing through the background, but I like where this arc is heading. Second-to-last page was great.

Though why is Zenkichi "the Faceless" right now?
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm kind of happy that we are going to have an arc that is outside the school since we might be able to see more of their world. Poor Zenkichi not even a Relationship Upgrade is enough to get him a spot as a suitor.

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Because he is the mysterious president working on the background .
    please click on them to help them grow.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masgrande View Post
    I'm kind of happy that we are going to have an arc that is outside the school since we might be able to see more of their world. Poor Zenkichi not even a Relationship Upgrade is enough to get him a spot as a suitor.
    Heh so true, it's the reversal damsel situation. Medaka is fighting for the right to choose him (or anyone else) rather then him fighting for the right to marry her. Normally you'd expect Zenkichi to burst in and make some wild declaration about how he will take on everyone for the right to marry Medaka. Hilariously enough though his own skill will keep such a random event like him walking in just in time to make a heroic declaration from happening. I'm guessing this arc is going to bring a lot more focus back to our Heroine, So we get to see a lot more unbridled Medaka(who is awesome btw).

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Agreed

As for the chapter lol...what an info dump...i'm interested though. Idk if anyone is familiar with the nasuverse but i get Arc + Shiki vibes from medaka and zen atm lol
    Last edited by Atobe the king; April 07, 2012 at 12:40 AM.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG What a chapter *nerdgasm*
    A new hairstyled completely unleashed Medaka fighting for the right to *marry* herself.
    Not Only this gives us the oppurtunity to leave the school and the whole plus-minus-unequal business but also we learn more about the Kurokamis.
    Something I've been waiting for since we met the 3rd Kurokami sibling. Plus the whole *She killed you father* thing is explained and we have new characters
    and a new drive, and zenkichi as a shadow character and and and *boom!*
    Sorry to much was happening and I srill try to digest it XD

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised, this is exactly what was going to be covered.

I think the chapter was way too fast in rushing through the background, but I like where this arc is heading. Second-to-last page was great.

The chapter had 26 pages but I kinda agree because it kinda felt like a complete new start. Sometimes an ended arc gives you that "void" vibe. The story is brought on a whole complete level and you are reading with emotions instead of reason

Zenkichi being president, the family revelation, etc... The setting has changed and it was strengthened by the "absence" of characters like Kumagawa, Aijimu, etc...

I think that the whole history hasn't been told yet. This is just like a kick off. Anyway, I am curious

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post

I begin to question that this series should even called "Medaka Box" from now on.
    Have you ever thought of Pandora's Box. Don't forget that hope was the single item which remained in Pandora's Box when it was opened

I think the title of the manga doesn't need an explanation since long. Medaka Box is a great name.
    Last edited by Koen; April 07, 2012 at 05:40 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like how Medaka pretty much instantly fodderized that person.

Also, she hasn't eaten meat since she became the president? Good way to give her an instant power up Nishio

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what Zenkichi will do when he finds out about the Jet Black Wedding Feast? Since they been together for so long he might know about the last feast and about Fukurou's fate, Ajimu didn't want the members of the flask plan to talk to Zenkichi about the "murder" and she wanted to fail. I hope Zenkichi won't disappear from the manga during this arc since it is about the risk of his girlfriend getting married to some other person.

Are they really a couple now?
    please click on them to help them grow.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

poor Zenkichi, has now become a character almost useless ...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matto24 View Post
    poor Zenkichi, has now become a character almost useless ...
    we don't know that yet, it's really too soon to say with only one chapter into the new arc, don't jump to conclusions just yet. It might not be poor Zen but rather poor everyone actually, as there is a potential that the entire current caste outside of Medaka may have less to do with this arc then any of the previous ones, we'll have to wait and see though.

Either way it should be fun^^

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Too soon to judge Zenkichi's role and to reduce it as if he wouldn't mean anything. The arc has just started and a chapter was dedicated to some kurokami history (a dialogue between Medaka and Kamome) followed by the appearance of a new character. At least we saw Zenkichi unlike Kumagawa, Akune, etc...

Let us wait with what this Jet Black Wedding Feast will give. I am 100% sure that Zenkichi will get involved in it...

I am more or less interested in the moment that Hakama Shiranui will play a role
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Shiranui has the most chance of showing up, given her family seems very well connected.

I wonder how much Zenkichi will get involved. Because of his upgrade to student council president, I think he won't come rushing in hotheaded to help Medaka. I think, if anything, he would stay quiet and then offer the student council's resources to help Medaka herself. I think Kikaijima and Kumagawa could get involved though. I miss the Naked Apron Alliance.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Negative Syndicate

I think Shiranui has the most chance of showing up, given her family seems very well connected.
    I'm not sure about that; Shiranui's didn't show up in one of seven households. So, Shiranui might not involve in this arc.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Let us wait with what this Jet Black Wedding Feast will give. I am 100% sure that Zenkichi will get involved in it...

I am more or less interested in the moment that Hakama Shiranui will play a role
    I'm pretty sure that Zenkichi will show up too, I could very well imagine a Medaka on the verge of loosing and Zenkichi showing up like "this is ma girl, no one besides me will get her"

I do hope that the Shiranui's will play a bigger role this time but he could leave them out for a later Arc again, who knows I actually would like to see Anshin'in show up, just to see how she's changed and what's her relationship with Medaka now. Anyway, Kumagawa will 120% show up, no way the by far most popular character will be left out.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also don't believe the Shiranui family will get involved in this, mainly because I think they're too big to be involved in this fight.
    They probably don't need to be part of the Kurokami family because their own family is probably at an equal or higher level.

New Reply
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast