Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

Chapter 142 is up
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/medaka_box/v14/c142/

Looks like we were wrong about the Shiranui family being involved...Ha I love the team composition and the way Medaka basically picked them in reverse expandability. Why risk your friends when you know a bunch of guys who are insanely adept at not getting killed; strategy ^^. Nice to see other characters getting in on the fun in a major way, the same group constantly can get a bit dull.

Also quite amused by how all the suitors were a literal cluster-fck of certifiable looney's. I'm going to enjoy this arc for sure.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I loved how Medaka was immediately getting to "alright, let's just beat the crap out of 'em". Don't blame her, what a horrifying bunch.

Wow, I forgot how much I missed Zenkichi when I watched the first episode (and my girl crush on Medaka).

Still, I'm glad Kumagawa is back, he brings so much character. It looks like Ajimu is up first, probably the best person to test the opponent's strength. As for the Shiranuis - well, hm. I still wonder why they were chosen.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tsuji's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    I wish you had posted the url of the actual scanlation group instead of a website that resizes and adds watermark to the pages.....especially when the person who cleaned and typesetted the chapter is right above you... ^^;;
    Here is the chapter in its original quality: http://manga.cxcscans.com/reader/rea..._box/en/0/142/

This chapter explains a lot... A nudist --sort of, a siscon... (not sure about Kujira) It all kinda shows that Nisio was thinking about all this for a long time... =w=

By the way, Medaka family is all named after fishes (Kajiki: Swordfish, Maguro: Tuna, Kujira: Whale, Medaka: Killifish) and the Tsurubami family is named after birds (Fukurou: Owl, Kamome: Gull), so I was wondering if the sub-families' first names would be themed after animals, but I was gravely mistaken... It's not even close... (Puppet... Mirage... Reality... Mistake... Forgery...)

Sub-families... It's really Nisio-like. I wonder if we'll see any more members or any other sub-families...
    Last edited by Tsuji; April 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM.
    「それでは零崎を始めよう」

「傑作だぜ」

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuji View Post
    I wish you had posted the url of the actual scanlation group instead of a website that resizes and adds watermark to the pages.....especially when the person who cleaned and typesetted the chapter is right above you... ^^;;
    Here is the chapter in its original quality: http://manga.cxcscans.com/reader/rea..._box/en/0/142/
    Sigh...Exactly the kind of thing that dissuades me from wanting to post anything at all. Not saying I'm ungrateful to earthforge for any work she did but I'm just the casual reader, it's most likely I'll post the link where I first found the chapter if just to pick up the conversation. Was that really such a heinous thing that it needs attention brought to it?

My opinion might not seem like a big deal to you, but the link itself wasn't a big deal either when you think about it

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    Sigh...Exactly the kind of thing that dissuades me from wanting to post anything at all. Not saying I'm ungrateful to earthforge for any work she did but I'm just the casual reader, it's most likely I'll post the link where I first found the chapter if just to pick up the conversation. Was that really such a heinous thing that it needs attention brought to it?

My opinion might not seem like a big deal to you, but the link itself wasn't a big deal either when you think about it
    Moderator message by: naruto-niichan
    Please stop this discussion at once. I understand both yours and Tsuji's point of view but that's not a matter to discuss here. There's no harm with providing a link for newly released chapters though so feel free to post it as long as it's a safe site.

Anyway, I'm quite hyped about the chapter because I got all the characters I wished for. Kumagawa was a given but I'm really curious to see how Shiranui, Hanten and Anshin'in will fare against the suitors! I can't imagine Hanten fighting with his back towards the opponent so there's a good chance we will finally see his face too.

And the suitors... well all pretty crazy characters, I expected nothing less from Nisio. Too soon to judge them but they look fairly interesting.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, I'm not the scanlator. [Cross] is.

As for Hanten: Can he even defend himself? His skill is just making skills, can he use any of them?
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, from the looks of it Ajimu is going to solo

Well, even if that doesn't happen, I doubt Hanten is just useless. When we saw him in the flashback, Ajimu did say he was a being on her level, and he looked kind of like a knight so he's probably trained in some way. Maybe he has physical stats on par with specials or something, and then we'll see his ability.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

We may finally see the Shiranuis fighting! That is already reason enough to read this arc and now we also get to see Anshin'in, this is going to be great!!!
    Thank God Medaka decide to be free last arc because her suitors suck.
    please click on them to help them grow.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it interesting that nobody is taking note of Hanten's subtle characterization in this chapter.
    His reward to be specific, which is his own drinking bar, maybe his dream is to be a bartender?
    He always has his back to everyone, so it makes sense, I just found it rather funny.

Man I cannot wait until he does something, or maybe in his fight he doesn't do anything.
    I doubt they'll reveal too much about him, and since this fight is pokemon style, he's going to have to lose eventually to move onto the next person, meaning he might just lose out of technicality without showing us anything.
    Last edited by [Cross]; April 12, 2012 at 02:47 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be great if Hanten just stands there and his opponent can't do anything

And then the fight ends by default.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tsuji's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

(How do you emote a refreshing sigh? Like this: =w= ? Or maybe just happy tears like this would work: TwT )

I feel like Medaka Box is finally getting more Nisio like... Every chapter gets better and better with things more and more getting drenched in 'nonsense'. (In no way, do I mean nonsense as a bad thing... Zaregoto would be more accurate...) This week's chapter can't be described in words --one needs 6 pages and 6 years to fill them with meaningful praise to even begin~~

A side note for those doubting Nisio's ability as a writer: Please wait for a few centuries for your beloved writer to be able to do what Nisio has done with 6 pages in this chapter. ^^ (Even centuries won't bring you anything if that someone is a certain mangaka prone to giant white backgrounds who can't even fill it with a real background let alone actual text --I'm still waiting for Shinji's bankai... T_T --then again, even if he does come up with it now, it won't be anywhere as good as I would have liked it to be.)

It might take a while for the scanlation to arrive because of those six pages (if Cross decides to everything in a good manner), so here are some spoilers:

Spoiler show

Oh and... I'm sure some hacks will go on their Nisio-bashing spree and besides them, some will call Nisio a gigantic troll because of this chapter... I can't wait for that. =')
    Last edited by Tsuji; April 19, 2012 at 03:03 PM.
    「それでは零崎を始めよう」

「傑作だぜ」

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter looks amazing

I can't wait

PS. Good luck translators. You'll need it today.
    Last edited by Galactic Tomahawk; April 19, 2012 at 04:33 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL it sure does. If anyone expects her to lose its because of the Shounen "new group of opponents totally outclasses you." you know like code breaker ...

This is much more realistic^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

All 6 of them!?! I didn't expect this. Wow, I thought the fight is 1 on 1.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Translation is out and about and i must say, entertaining beyond measure, lol. I love the twist there too, Medaka is okay to lose now; I see nothing wrong with it.

New Reply
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast