Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    Interesting to see Zen using his own version of a Medaka skill, I wonder if its the result of Shiranui using "real eater" on his old "parasite seeing" skill.
    He'd be blind without Parasite Seeing, so it's reasonable to assume he still has the skill. It's just that the last time Zenkichi used it was almost 60 chapters ago. If there was any skill Shiranui took as compensation, however, it'd probably be Devil Style.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    He'd be blind without Parasite Seeing, so it's reasonable to assume he still has the skill. It's just that the last time Zenkichi used it was almost 60 chapters ago. If there was any skill Shiranui took as compensation, however, it'd probably be Devil Style.
    It was never stated that he would be blind without parasite seeing. We do know that gaining Parasite seeing restored his vision in essence negating the blindness caused by all fiction. I think that was meant to be a cure for the condition not a buffer for a constant effect produced by all fiction. Its like, if you got laser eye surgery to repair your vision. You don't get laser surgery every week to sustain the results, it's done once then it's over. In Zen's case Parasite seeing was just a side effect of the 'treatment'. I'm guessing the vision restoration was a side effect of parasite seeing but would remain even if the abnormality was removed.

Also If you remember he didn't always have parasite seeing active. That's a fair an indication of the fact that his sight was repaired entirely, rather them him using the skill to see for him 24/7 and being dependent on it to function.

----

On a side note I'm wondering about Zenkichi's mother now that i've seen the style users. I've heard her classified as an abnormal now and then though no actual abnormality was stated to my memory. She just has an bunch of abilities created from various rather normal physical activity. When i think about it Zen's mother is actually a style user(or a hinting to their existence) and the first we'd ever seen in the series, we just didn't have a name for it back then.
    Last edited by SaphG1; June 08, 2012 at 12:15 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    It was never stated that he would be blind without parasite seeing. We know that gaining Parasite seeing restored his vision in essence negating the blindness caused by all fiction. that makes it a cure for the condition not a buffer for a constant effect produced by all fiction. Its like, if you got laser eye surgery to repair your vision. You don't get laser surgery every week to sustain the results, it's done once then it's over. In Zen's case Parasite seeing was just a side effect of the 'treatment'.

If you remember he didn't always have parasite seeing active. That's a fair an indication of the fact that his sight was repaired entirely, rather them him using the skill to see for him 24/7.
    Parasite Seeing didn't cure his blindess. All Fiction's effects cannot be negated. What is erased stays erased. Zenkichi's original eyesight is gone forever. He is still technically blind, but it doesn't matter since Zenkichi acquired a spare set of eyeballs (that have a nifty ability hardwired into them btw) courtesy of Ajimu. Think of it as something akin to an eye-transplant if you will, except in this case he got a pair of new eyeballs plastered over his old ones.

That tidbit about seeing other peoples' perspectives is irrevelent since Zenkichi has to make the conscious decision to use it. He didn't go around peaking in other visions anyway right after he acquired it. Besides, had he lost it we probably would have found out by now. Zenkichi has other skills we haven't seen in a long time too. For example, we haven't seen his pseudo-earthquake and Artificial War Mode for nearly 90 chapters too.
    Last edited by Franckie; June 08, 2012 at 12:36 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    Parasite Seeing didn't cure his blindess. All Fiction's effects cannot be negated. What is erased stays erased. Zenkichi's original eyesight is gone forever. He is still technically blind, but it doesn't matter since Zenkichi acquired a spare set of eyeballs (that have a nifty ability hardwired into them btw) courtesy of Ajimu. Think of it as something akin to an eye-transplant if you will, except in this case he got a pair of new eyeballs plastered over his old ones.

That tidbit about seeing other peoples' perspectives is irrevelent since Zenkichi has to make the conscious decision to use it. He didn't go around peaking in other visions anyway right after he acquired it. Besides, had he lost it we probably would have found out by now. Zenkichi has other skills we haven't seen in a long time too. For example, we haven't seen his pseudo-earthquake and Artificial War Mode for nearly 90 chapters too.
    Not really an eye transplant, just a sight transplant. All fiction being permanent just means that his original sight was gone, not that sight itself could never be restored into his eyes. Otherwise It would have probably been used to destroy his eyes rather then make him blind. Kumagawa didn't think that far ahead though, as shown by his anger in the following pages. It wasn't that 'sight' could never be restored to his eyes, his original sight could not be restored by "All fiction", that only means it's a skill that can't undo what it's done, a one way street so to speak. That didn't mean there weren't ways of fixing things done by that minus outside of using the minus itself. Who better to know the counter measure then Ajimu the original owner of the skill. All fiction was never unbeatable, just powerful for the time, to a not equal like Ajimu it was just a small thing she could give up without really caring. I'm prone to think Nishio might have mentioned something about Ajimu going blind (giving up her 'eye's) and restoring her own sight with another skill. Ajimu has never been shy about spouting out the names of the many skills she has. There really weren't many hidden aspects to her persona.

All the same nothing you've said proves that he would be blind without parasite seeing, if anything you counter the very point you made. IF your thinking was correct and he got completely 'new eyes' then they would have been fully functional eyes, not eyes that were half functional and forced to relied on a abnormality to see. Therefore with the removal of that skill they should still function as perfectly normal eyes.
    Last edited by SaphG1; June 08, 2012 at 10:10 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I ahve no idea how Kumagawa won this, my japanese sucks too much to understand this language fighting.....
    chapters are still great storywise but the battles lost me

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Second season of the anime has been green lit. Kumagawa is still awesome.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Will it start next week?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, the Binbougami anime is taking up Medaka's slot. I'm not sure how long Binbougami will last (either 10-something or 20-something episodes I think), but only after it ends will Medaka probably be back. That is unless it gets a different slot.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read the latest chapter and....

Spoiler show
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

10. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope they play that proposal straight. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth if they decided to treat it completely as a joke.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

The bunny girl will probably not let Medaka answer and maybe the suiters will also butt in.
    please click on them to help them grow.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Medaka will say "no", but only because she wants to finish high school first. I really like how she came to the realization about liking Zenkichi's company, it was really beautiful and wonderfully done.

Just out of curiosity, hasn't Zenkichi confessed before, all the way back when he battled Kumagawa for the first time (that pit of snakes fight)? Or was that more of a platonic confession?

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Just out of curiosity, hasn't Zenkichi confessed before, all the way back when he battled Kumagawa for the first time (that pit of snakes fight)? Or was that more of a platonic confession?
    I think it was platonic since Zenkichi didn't realize he was in love with Medaka until his training with Ajimu and Hitomi once mentioned that neither Zenkichi nor Medaka understood romantic love. It's funny that Zen who is suppose to be normal was the only one that didn"t understand romantic love and Medaka was just thinking she'd been friend-zoned.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg, you're right! I didn't even realize that. I just thought Zenkichi realized that he didn't want to simply be in love with her, but wanted to be with her as well.

I thought Medaka's childhood marriage proposal was hilarious. Zenkichi probably didn't even know what marriage was.

I also liked how Zenkichi rejected Emukae. I think he felt truly sorry he couldn't love her back, and I'm glad he took responsibility for playing into being "oblivious". Its little moments like these that make me truly enjoy Medaka Box.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I also liked how Zenkichi rejected Emukae. I think he felt truly sorry he couldn't love her back, and I'm glad he took responsibility for playing into being "oblivious". Its little moments like these that make me truly enjoy Medaka Box.
    Yes! Finally a protagonist takes responsability for his obliviousness.
    please click on them to help them grow.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast