Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

This was by far the best chapter of the arc. I loved Medaka-chan's conversation with her mother, it was philosophical enough to make you think, but not too much to make your head hurt.

It makes me sad Medaka-chan herself isn't more popular, I find her an amazing character. She's a God Sue so over the top that it makes her unique and well-rounded. Well, at least to me.

I'm curious to know what the outcome of this arc will be. Obviously Shiranui will go back to school, I can't imagine her really giving up and becoming a back-up forever. But I can't help but think Aijimu will come back somehow. I don't like her much, but her existence is too trollsome for her to die anti-climactically like that. What do you think?

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    But I can't help but think Aijimu will come back somehow. I don't like her much, but her existence is too trollsome for her to die anti-climactically like that. What do you think?
    I got the same feeling. Maybe every damage Ihiko caused will be nullified? Then she could come back. Her overall design is something which made this Manga even more unique.
    On top of that her death was way too sudden.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently thinking of Iihiko as mirror based. He started off a human hero and the Shiranuis started copying him. Each copy was a new mirror increasing his original power and giving him mirroring abilities. Now he can not only reflect damage based off this aspect, but infinitely repeat the damage (same as not healing) like two mirrors facing each other.

Based off this idea he didnt kill Ajimu because of his souped up hero strength but because Ajimu came at him full force. Just like how Medaka just died. In other words Ajimu is in the same boat as everyones wounds and Medaka's death. Break the mirrors, or I am guessing "darken" them, and everybody, including Ajimu, is alive and well.

5. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked Ajimu, but I think it might be better if she stays dead after she gave that incredibly sweet goodbye to Misogi. I still think it is highly likely that she'll return since I bet they will find a way to reverse Iihiko's damage because I doudt the manga will continue with three of the main characters beat up and with Medaka being some sort of zombie.
    Last edited by masgrande; January 26, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
    please click on them to help them grow.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This is getting crazier each chapter. :O

The Kurokami Final was an awesome technique but it has failed yet again...
    This Iihiko really is something else... =/

An now that he got Shiranui... How are they supposed to win this?
    Last edited by Skyguardian; February 02, 2013 at 06:51 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiranui is his double, I doubt she is possessed but simply...imitates him.
    As Ihiko is the embodiement of extremes even imitating him is so extreme you become the real deal.
    I#m guessing this will be resolved simply by Zenkichi (and/or Medaka) talking some sense back into Shiranui.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know I used to think that after they defeated Ihiko they'd end up meeting/fighting the other thousand year main characters, but Ihiko makes it sound like they're all dead so I guess that's not happening.

I can't see how they'll be getting out of this one aside from possible Hanten shenanigans. Shiranui being brought back by friendship power would be a little lame =/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ch. 181

Well it was said at the beginning of the Iihiko arc, but I forgot so am glad it was repeated. Iihiko is a hero who doesn't think of himself as a hero. He is lost with all the things he protected passed into history. Fresh is his way of describing something interesting enough to distract him from his oppressive feeling of being lost.

Medaka Box big bads are all defeated, not by physically overpowering them, but by convincing them they lost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like Nienami might be the one to save the day in the end, but I can help but wonder how will they heal their wounds?

---------- Post added February 13, 2013 at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was February 07, 2013 at 02:16 PM ----------

Spoiler show
    please click on them to help them grow.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ch. 182

So many characters that I am getting confused, but how is that rabbit thing in the advice flashback relevant? Is Hitoyoshi a sailor senshi?

Also, isn't the idea that Nienami is Anshin'in ridiculous. Weren't they both fighting during the Jet Black Wedding Feast, or is she like the Naked Apron Alliance girls and some kind Anshin'in avatar. Taking Zen's first guess as a real possibility partly because of page 13 where Nienami self describes as an ultimate survivor, and Hanten'in described Anshin'in the same way in Ch. 166 (also the chapter where Nienami joins team Medaka)

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@World is wide

I don't know if it's that ridiculous, she is Anshin'in after all. Though I think it's better for Nienami's character that she isn't Anshin'in.
    Also the rabbit person is relevant, because Zenkichi is implying that yukuhashi has the metonymy style without realizing it, seeing as yukuhashi had the ability of understanding everyone's feelings, or extreme empathy, which is needed to communicate a style.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Cross
    Yukuhashi was referenced in this chapter? Are we talking about the same thing? I was trying to reference the mascot type creature on pg 18

Separately, I was under the strong impression that it was Anshin'in with the unattributed speach bubbles on page 4 (rather than a melange like page 18), since Zen has only been trained by her and Maguro

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by world is wide View Post
    @Cross
    Yukuhashi was referenced in this chapter? Are we talking about the same thing? I was trying to reference the mascot type creature on pg 18

Separately, I was under the strong impression that it was Anshin'in with the unattributed speach bubbles on page 4 (rather than a melange like page 18), since Zen has only been trained by her and Maguro
    Oh, we aren't talking about the same thing.
    But they did talk about yukuhashi in the chapter. Either way, the mascot creature was yojirou's illusion, and she was the one who was to tag along with zenkichi when they were being chosen as successors, thus her being in the advice flashback.
    Though I will admit, it does seem like a bit of a stretch. Personally I think they just wanted to throw Diana in there for the laughs.
    Last edited by [Cross]; February 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though this manga is great I think it is close to the end all this death and coming back to life is becoming too redundant that we don't know if we can take any serious death... Well for the chapter Nienami troll stance is really funny it really enlightens the mood I hope the anime will animate this to see on how they will do with Nienami lol Zenkichi will either make a talk no jutsu or have a troll power

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tobeulp View Post
    Even though this manga is great I think it is close to the end all this death and coming back to life is becoming too redundant that we don't know if we can take any serious death...
    Except ever since the resolution of the plus 13 arc their doesn't seem a way for future arc to continue past resolution of current arc, or how the current world's rules could allow a future increase in epicness. Nishio doesn't just surprise in how the arcs are resolved, it is The troll manga on many levels.

New Reply
Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast