Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 LastLast

Thread: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

Hm "Future Arc"? Maybe there really will be a time skip? I wouldn't really mind. I would love it.

Again Nienami was awesome and Shiranui too.

Looking forward to that farewell party. :3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really like the last chapter. It really feels like the author forget he engaged Medaka and Zenkichi. Seriously.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so while I normally hate unnecessary romance drama, I kind of get why Medaka and Zenkichi "broke up": The conditions for Zenkichi proposing to Medaka was that they would complete high school together. And it would allow both Zenkichi and Medaka to grow as individuals and as equals. Medaka leaving to head the Kurokami family + businesses would mean Zenkichi wasn't her equal anymore, but someone defined by his relationship with her. And that is why Zenkichi, as much as he wanted to be with her, had to turn her down. He's grown beyond being just her childhood friend, he's become his own man. Of course there are people who give up their careers to be with the person they love, but not everyone is able to do that.

And besides, this is just relationship drama. This is totally going to fuel whatever new arc Nisio is going to plan next. I really doubt they are going to stay apart, they both are still very much in love with each other. And besides, haven't they ever heard of meeting outside of school? They may not attend high school together, but they could still date/hang out. This is why I say the break-up was kind of unnecessary, but it gave us some drama so oh well.
    Last edited by Teeba; March 15, 2013 at 10:58 AM.

5. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I really want them to end up together , I kind of like the way they broke up. Zenkichi worked too hard to get his own life separate from Medaka to just throw it away because she wants him to and Medaka looks like she really likes where her life is going to just abandon it.
    please click on them to help them grow.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Under normal circumstances I'd say this is going to be the final arc... But with that author you never know...

Well but's it is a cool way to say good bye... But still I get a little melancholical... I don't want Medaka to leave... =/

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This ridiculous going away party, and yet I was nodding as Zenkichi was explaining "of course it is this, it couldn't be anything else". Medaka Box the story that is entertaining despite making the amateur "mistake" of being centered on too obvious of a Mary Sue

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

ecch, mary-sue, what a misused term. It's basically just twisted to 'I don't like this character'.

Like sure, Medaka is hyper-capable to a ridiculous extent, but she's anything but generic or vapid. It just doesn't apply.

But yeah, still super bummed-out by that break-up, but I can't help but hope it leads to this arc being amazing.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Linkzerx9's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

An early spoiler:
    Spoiler show

The chapter will take a long to come out in English with all the text that will be.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    ecch, mary-sue, what a misused term. It's basically just twisted to 'I don't like this character'.

Like sure, Medaka is hyper-capable to a ridiculous extent, but she's anything but generic or vapid. It just doesn't apply.

But yeah, still super bummed-out by that break-up, but I can't help but hope it leads to this arc being amazing.
    Disagree. Mary Sue isn't about generic or vapid but is about an OP wish fulfillment character. Instead of avoiding a deus ex machina like any decent author, making a thinly veiled god the main character.

But since Medaka is a Mary Sue the author eventually brought in rival, more obvious, gods for her to triumph over in the form of Ajimu and Iihiko.

This latest ch. 189 is Medaka just really basking in her Mary Sue-ness. Overcoming in a single panel, and sometimes not even that much, every single person she has ever faced, excepting of course Kumagawa. The next chapter is hopefully when the author miraculously makes Medaka entertaining again, as this chapter was more of a quick retrospective and not much fun.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I never was trolled by a Manga that much... This story never ceases to amaze me... XD

Can't wait for the next arc!

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by world is wide View Post
    Disagree. Mary Sue isn't about generic or vapid but is about an OP wish fulfillment character. Instead of avoiding a deus ex machina like any decent author, making a thinly veiled god the main character.

But since Medaka is a Mary Sue the author eventually brought in rival, more obvious, gods for her to triumph over in the form of Ajimu and Iihiko.

This latest ch. 189 is Medaka just really basking in her Mary Sue-ness. Overcoming in a single panel, and sometimes not even that much, every single person she has ever faced, excepting of course Kumagawa. The next chapter is hopefully when the author miraculously makes Medaka entertaining again, as this chapter was more of a quick retrospective and not much fun.
    Hey now, Nisio IS a decent author. He loves word play, he love satire, he loves twisting things to the point of absurdity. Have a "Mary Sue" for a protagonist fits his style, and even more so, having Medaka be of any other personality totally ruins the plot. So in my opinion, her being "perfect" works in favor of making her interesting. She is so ridiculously over the top in being "perfect" that there are always people who hate her and want to get rid of her. Even though she's really dependable, people hate how abnormally dependable she is. She even said it herself, if it weren't for her friends she's be the most unhuman monster ever. Every other character has been massively jealous of her, at one point or the other. Her being so perfect is why Kumagawa is such a fan favorite, he's the Anti-Sue to her God Sue.

As for the new chapter, I still can't help but think the manga is concluding itself. Though I think its funny that now Medaka is a chairman. Her relationship with Zenkichi is definitely off-limits until he graduates.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by world is wide View Post

Okay, if we use mary sue as an OP protagonist then I got news for you: That's the joke

Medaka Box is satire. You may remember she beat up the moon and off-handedly mentioned a ridiculous adventure with an alien race recently. Her being over-powered isn't being a mary-sue by those terms, it's a commentary on battle manga, much like... most of the manga, save the bits that were satire on other genres.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Hey now, Nisio IS a decent author.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    Okay, if we use mary sue as an OP protagonist then I got news for you: That's the joke
    Yes yes that is what my original comment was saying. That Nisio has really pulled off the joke exceptionally well. Zenkichi's explanation of the contest had made me appreciate the absurdity of the manga all over over again

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

So it all is going to come to an end now. I'll keep up to my initial thought. I hope Hideyoshi and Medaka ends up together. Hopefully there won't be any crap like Medaka is going out with Kumagawa instead or something like that.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, all through the manga Medaka's one flaw she never overcame was dealing with animals.

I hoped it could go on forever, but I hope it at least ends well

New Reply
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 LastLast