Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Medaka Box by NISHIO Ishin and AKATSUKI Akira

Ajimu looks cute in the new outfit and she only has one screw left 0_o. Ajimu said the manga was going to end before the anime, but it looks like she was wrong since there is no way(I hope) the manga can end in 4 chapters.

---------- Post added March 02, 2012 at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was February 26, 2012 at 02:01 PM ----------

Looks like I was wrong in saying that in couldn't end in 4 chapters if we start on the election next chapter and also, what was with Zenkichi's ominous narraton at the end?
    Last edited by masgrande; February 26, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
    please click on them to help them grow.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not necessarily bad. It could be that after the Student Council elections, Medaka has to leave or transfer, so Zenkichi has to part with her and they never get to play music together.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 138 is out.
    We finally know what Devil Style is!!! It really is the perfect counter for Medaka, but now is making it really hard to see who is going to win the election.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Devil style! Finally a nullification type skill! Its game breaking for hero's and good guys and fan favorite character's. You can apply it to any nearly any manga and see how devastating the results would be.

A skill that could stop Goku from becoming a super sayian on Namek.

A skill that kept Naruto from conveniently getting a Kyuubi power up in a pinch.

A skill that stopped Ichigo from being hollowfied after having a hole blown through his chest.

A skill that would have prevented Kumagawa's All fiction from returning to him after being killed. (good thing Zen's skill didn't exist at that time^^)

Its actually a pretty scary abnormality

Every undeserved and boringly cliche random save or power up goes directly out the window. Leaving the hero to reply only on what they have at present. its humorous to think about just how many Shounen story lines would have simply ended without these plot devices to push them ahead.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the chapter is the conclusion of the election or the manga?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably the election, they still have to deal with Ajimu, she's only got one screw left and i can't imagine her letting things end while she's still partially sealed. There may actually be another final arc after this.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Devil Style is outstanding. An ability which points out how every shounen manga tends to fall back on those miracle moments to help the characters pull through.

And the Naked Apron Alliance was also shining. I loved how they pointed out how messed up their school really is, and how people shouldn't just be going along with it like it isn't a big deal. How many manga just seem to get more and more over the top, only for people to act like it is normal? Prince of Tennis comes to mind. There were some middle school students who were doing some ridiculous things, and nobody thought it was really that outrageous.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, I think Devil Style is the perfect way to end this manga. Because it nullifies all coincidences - most importantly, story-creating coincidences. So what would be the coincidence in this election? Zenkichi winning seems unlikely already for the reasons Naze mentioned (but oh so "well said"). Medaka just might not be popular. But the Naked Apron Alliance has a good chance because they do connect to the other students for the reason that they are almost normal students compared to Medaka or Zenkichi.

Regardless, it seems that this manga can end soon.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Devil style won't end the manga because progression is not coincidence. When a character is shown learning, training or preparing for something those actions to not qualify in the miracle catagory no matter how powerful said character becomes, even if that growth is somewhat imbalanced. Natural parameters and talent is not affected by Devil style either.

The miracle would be for example "You meet a friendly grandmaster of the combat months before your big match, who seeks a student to pass on his knowledge to." This is something Devil style would prevent from happening

It doesn't qualify against hard work or talent so "You go to a boxing gym and training your a$$ off for months before the match." is still valid and but only the results of your efforts are going to play any role.

All your gains and efforts are still usable (unless your ability is probability related ^^)) as are any abilities learned under non-miracle conditions. So Ajimu for example is not going to be affected as her plans aren't revolving around or dependent on any luck factors, meaning that she is still quite capable of being a huge threat for a later arc. The Not equals still serve as quite a big threat and there may still be more coming. I can see this manga still going on for another arc or two.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

There is something I'm been wondering, does Devil Style also affect does around him?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me that it probably acts only on situations in which Zen is involved in directly and or indirectly (as of now). Devil style effectively influenced which of those idols would show up for the festival but those idols were indirectly involved in Zen's own fate as he was a member of the student council and later directly involved in his fate due to the battle of the bands. I doubt Devil style will effect those who have nothing to do with Zen at all otherwise the skill would me much more like a luck/miracle eating minus.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Found spoilers for chapter 140:

Spoiler show

Interesting developments I'd say:

Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    I don't know, I think Devil Style is the perfect way to end this manga. Because it nullifies all coincidences - most importantly, story-creating coincidences. So what would be the coincidence in this election? Zenkichi winning seems unlikely already for the reasons Naze mentioned (but oh so "well said"). Medaka just might not be popular. But the Naked Apron Alliance has a good chance because they do connect to the other students for the reason that they are almost normal students compared to Medaka or Zenkichi.

Regardless, it seems that this manga can end soon.
    Devil Style is no excuse for lousy writing. Nisio introduces material still in-need of resolution (e.g. what caused Medaka to snap and kill someone 3 years ago) and his response is to pretend it never happened? Nisio would have to pull a Negima since the story still has several lingering plotlines in need of resolution. At the very least he needs to answer the big question between Zenkichi and Medaka: Why do these two really stick around with each other? Heck, two chapters ago Zenkichi narrated that he and Medaka never played on stage together. Furthermore, we had Medaka mysteriously crying and an entire page of Ajimu going "WTF?!" in response to it. What does all this material allude to? If Nisio planned on prematurely dumping everything then there's no point in introducing new material.

The manga needs at least one more arc in order to properly resolve everything. Then it can end.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Negative Syndicate

Is it Medaka Box actually going to end before the anime going to start? Based on looking at the spoiler, it is definitely like Nisio is wrapping up the story.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's actually over. That's the sort of ending that will have his fans in an uproar, like the end of the Saprano's when they cut off in mid sentence. It also leaves the the main villain unaccounted for as well as the future of the flask plan. I know everyone wants to look at Ajimu as the voice of the author, but she herself is actually a form a satire on the genre itself so there's no point in taking her words seriously as pertaining to story events.

That FIN ending is us being trolled by the author. At most he might be moving into a direct sequel series but i doubt this will be all there is to Medaka box.
    Last edited by SaphG1; March 22, 2012 at 01:39 AM.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I really doubt Ajimu will win just like that, there is atleast one more chapter before the anime premieres where they can beat her and save the manga. Is going to be interesting how they manage Ajimu(if she appears) in the anime since they would have to change the whole "end the manga" part of her plot.
    Last edited by masgrande; March 22, 2012 at 03:25 AM.

New Reply
Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast