Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Shunsui defeated primera with his shikai, Soifon failed against segunda even after using her bankai, what else do we need to prove Shunsui is stronger? I believe Shunsui can restrict Barragan's options with his shikai and it's safe to assume Barragan is no match for Shunsui's bankai. Barragan would be forced to play by Shunsui's rules, if Barragan is free to act as he wishes, what exactly does Shunsui's zanpakuto enforce on people?
If you don't agree with the official espada ranking, if you think Soifon is possibly stronger than Shunsui, then there's no point in having a discussion because then the result of any fight is random. I can visualize any fight in my mind and make my character win.
- Shunsui never stated his shikai takes away abilities. Also there's no guarantee he will get Iro oni.
- A > B > C logic usually doesn't work in bleach.
-Assuming Iro oni does take away abilities, who's to say Barragan won't kill him first with Respira?
2. Every game has rules. If you have walked yu yu hakusho, the psychics are able to create an area where everyone follows the rules. If they don't they could lose their could and die. This situation is similar IMO
Fight proceeds until...
Shunsui: "My zanpakuto, Katen Kyoukotsu turns children's games into reality..."
Urahara: "Oh? That's interesting!"
Urahara: (His released zanpakuto crossed together look like scissors... then...)
Shunsui's eyes widen as he takes a moderate cut on his arm. The wound instantly increases, spewing a large amount of blood.
Shunsui: "Well well... that's right, rock beats scissors... I never thought you would catch on to the rules so quickly... I guess that's what I should expect of the former captain of the science division."
Shunsui: "Alright, now it's your turn."
Urahara: "I'd really rather not, I mean this hardly seems fair!"
Shunsui: "Well I sure as hell am not going first again..."
Shunsui: "Hey, Urahara, a quick question, what's your favorite type of music?"
Urahara: "I dunno, probably rock... oh shit..."
I do agree in that kyoraku seems mostly superior to kisuke though. In terms of speed, strength and reiatsu I am inclined to believe kyoraku is the stronger one(the difference in reaitsu might not be that great though). In terms of underhanded techniques I think both are equally prone to using them. Urahara might be a tad more versatile in it due to his gadgets and stuff. His time in the 2 squad would give him an edge though. When comparin shikai's, I am inclined to believe shunsui is far more versatile and sneakier. Urahara's abilities are very balanced but far to straightforward. Seriously, he uses a shield and a long range GT like attack. Not bad at all how he has a great attack and defense in it though. Kyoraku on the other hand has a very sneaky ability. As long as he keeps the enemy on the dark about the rules of his games he has a great advantage. He loses a great deal of advantage as the rules are revealed, which would be a specially big deal against someone as urahara lol, but that does not mean he loses instantly.
got naruto on my brain haha
I like urahara. The reason most people like him is b/c he is so chill but can get down and serious when needs to. He is also funny and unpredictable. But just b/c he created hokyoku and trained ichigo, it does not mean he is incredibly strong.
I think the reason most people think Urahara is really strong, is because of his large potential.
Last edited by En Yang Ji; November 30, 2009 at 04:25 PM.
Urahara has a unique combination of skills and talents.
- He has the intelligence of Aizen and he's a genius with a lot of raw talent
- Over a 100 years of experience as a captain
- Made some invention(s) that could increase his growth rate and combat capabilities
- Has Mayuri's skills at making inventions, but is actually a decent fighter unlike Mayuri.
- He has a decent shikai. It isn't as great as Shunsui's with the abilities shown so far, but at least it's better than Ichigo's
Last edited by En Yang Ji; November 30, 2009 at 11:30 PM.
It is very clear aizen hid his own strength at his own convenience. Urahara was a captain over a hundred years ago but aizen has had the capacity to be one for god knows how long. On top of that, he has had SS under his control for over 100 years now.
Then comes the strategic intelligence. It defines how good a leader you are because the leader is responsible from developing a strategy for his team. Consequently Aizen and Yamamoto are the guys who lead the others in this field.
We also have battle intelligence. This one is very important in battle because it determines how efficiently you fight. Stark is prime example for this because he was shown to be very perceptive.
And there is the 'genius' term. It is used for people who improve themselves much faster than others, and Hitsugaya and Gin are the prominent examples. Since Byakuya is the same age as Gin and they became captains at around the same time, it seems Byakuya has the same natural talent Gin has. Of course, being the youngest captain in history and being remarked by Shunsui to surpass him in 100 years, Hitsugaya is in a class of his own.
Urahara is good at coming up with strategies and seeing through his opponent in battle.
- Urahara seems to be on Aizen's level as far as strategies is concerned.
He figured out Aizen was the one who experimented on the vizards. He came up with a good plan to hide the hogyoku and he would of stopped Orihime from being caught by Aizen if he didn't consider her feelings.
Even if Aizen is better at coming up with strategies than Urahara, I don't see him being far better.
- Urahara's battle with Yammy showed how good he was at quickly analyzing the opponent's skills in battle.
- Hitsugaya may be a very quick learner, but I don't think he's that far above all the other genius's. Urahara and Gin may not of been captains at his age simply because there were no vacancies at the time.
Another thing is, Kubo may have made Shunsui make that comment to foreshadow the strength of the other genius's, Urahara and Gin. I would find it kind of weird of if that was not the case. The time it would take for Hitsugaya to become stronger than Shunsui is almost the exact amount of time that passed between the Pendulum arc and present time in Bleach.
If that's not enough, both Gin and Urahara could be vizards. Urahara may have other possible power-ups using his inventions.
- Urahara was able to accomplish something no other shinigami except Ichigo has accomplished before, achieve bankai in 3 days. Yoruichi probably wouldn't have said this if no one else tried it and there's no reason why anyone trying to achieve bankai shouldn't have tried using this method.
Last edited by En Yang Ji; December 01, 2009 at 02:22 PM.