Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who'll emerge victorious?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Urahara Kisuke

    97 60.63%
  • Kyoraku Shunsui

    63 39.38%
New Reply
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 521

Thread: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

  1. #31
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Quote Originally Posted by juice88 View Post
    also the same attack ulquirra blocked with one hand was able to send wonderwice flying back and he is most likely stronger than stark since him arriving meant aizen was serious

    and also the argument saying that it was a weaker aizen cause it was 100 years ago makes no sense because urahara was 100 years weaker too lol and aizen still saw a need to dodge the attack he knew he couldnt block with one finger

    also if shunsui and ukitake are anywhere near the same level like yama seems to think then he wasnt able to see wonderwice attack either so that right there says urahara has quicker reflexes than him
    The wonderwice that we first saw like he didn't know wth he was doing. I mean he looked surprised when he first fired a bala and he looked like he was after urahara's hat. but when he faced ukitake he went straight for the kill. I feel that he wasn't really going anywhere near his the first time

  2. #32
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    WSJ Pirate Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Quote Originally Posted by savantking View Post
    The wonderwice that we first saw like he didn't know wth he was doing. I mean he looked surprised when he first fired a bala and he looked like he was after urahara's hat. but when he faced ukitake he went straight for the kill. I feel that he wasn't really going anywhere near his the first time
    he still the same retard and he still traveled fast but its just the fact that ukitake didnt notice his presence til the hand was through him but urahara sensed him before he made contact

  3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Posts
    2,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Quote Originally Posted by savantking View Post
    What does it matter if he could cutt luppi? That guys weaker than Grimmjow who is much weaker than Ulquiorra. That doesn't prove anything. Ulquiorra is the 4th espada.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Imo Urahara was holding back because he wouldn't need to use the power he used against Luppi on the 10th Espada. Ulquiorra may of been able to deflect Urahara's attack, but it doesn't prove he's stronger.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; July 18, 2009 at 11:02 PM.

  5. #34
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    I think Urahara was holding back because he wouldn't need to use the power he used against Luppi on the 10th Espada. Ulquiorra may of been able to deflect Urahara's attack, but it doesn't prove he's stronger.
    But neither has Urahara proved he's stronger.

  6. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Quote Originally Posted by savantking View Post
    He seemed awfully surprised that ulquiorra was able to do it. I don't know why he would be if it was SUCH a weak attack. Why would he use a weak attack on an enemy he seemed clearly trying to the very least damage? Besides he even said the name of the attack. Which in Bleach makes the attack more powerful. All the evidence points that it was more likely his fully powered attack rather than it being weak. All that you say is based on complete conjecture. My argument has basis in previous events from Bleach. Again when he attacked Aizen he had a cloak that completely masked his reiastu and he had the element of surprise and yet he didn't really do anything. And again this is Aizen from over 100 years prior to the present so it was hardly aizen at his most powerful. if anything the one shinigami who was closest to actually hurting aizen is technically Soi Fon as she had her sword to his throat and could have easily enough killed him as Yoruichi had him trapped.

    Not at his most powerful?? He blocked a level 88 hado from the Kido Corps Captain with Danku. Aizen was also able to bring Tousen to his knees with just his reiatsu. And Urahara still sneaked up on Aizen. Aizen has probably been hiding his power all this time. Theres no reason to think he was weaker 100 years ago.You don't have to be able to sense reiatsu to sense someones sneaking up on you. And Aizen holds Urahara in high regard, coming from Aizen thats a compliment. And that thing with Ulquiorra should not be considered at all, THEY DIDNT FIGHT. Ulquiorra blocked a Benihime projectile. Thats it.Kubo never cared about showing which was stronger, Ulquiorra was Ichigo's opponent. Shunsui from what we've seen has no projectiles, and hasn't been able to scratch the Primera. Swinging a sword at the enemy and firing a projectile is different, we can't reach a conclusion from that.

    It just comes down to speculation and personal opinion, because we've seen not too much from Urahara, and just a few weeks ago we saw Shunsui fight for the first time in Bleach pretty much. And we barely saw anything. I think Urahara is stronger than Kyoraku, simply because Urahara is more important to this story's plot than Kyoraku, and it's possible Kubo will have him fight Aizen at some point in the manga.

    And kio's right, Urahara and Yoruichi did not anticipate them being that strong. And Ulquiorra >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>unreleased Yammi. Yammi's weak as hell unreleased, compared to captain level characters, and that attack was meant for Yammi.
    Last edited by exacta; July 19, 2009 at 12:26 AM.

  7. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Nations
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Theres also the fact that a Benihime attack did blast WW away and WW seems to be stronger than Starrk. It doesnt matter if he wasnt going in for the kill if you're that strong you wont be blown away by something that is weak. If the attack was weak it would have done nothing to WW. The difference between then and b4 is that in the Yami bit Urahara was trying to discipline a gnat(Yami) while in teh second fight hed realised the level that the Espada were at.

    Also when it comes to him getting the drop on Aizen and not landing a hit-it doesnt matter that he used a cloak-he at least managed to get himself in the position TO get the drop on him. No one else has ever managed to surprise Aizen and I doubt shunsui could. His Shunpo is probably as good as Aizen's but he doesnt have the smarts to plan ahead in quite the same way as Urahara does.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig



    Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

  8. #37
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    Theres also the fact that a Benihime attack did blast WW away and WW seems to be stronger than Starrk. It doesnt matter if he wasnt going in for the kill if you're that strong you wont be blown away by something that is weak. If the attack was weak it would have done nothing to WW. The difference between then and b4 is that in the Yami bit Urahara was trying to discipline a gnat(Yami) while in teh second fight hed realised the level that the Espada were at.

    Also when it comes to him getting the drop on Aizen and not landing a hit-it doesnt matter that he used a cloak-he at least managed to get himself in the position TO get the drop on him. No one else has ever managed to surprise Aizen and I doubt shunsui could. His Shunpo is probably as good as Aizen's but he doesnt have the smarts to plan ahead in quite the same way as Urahara does.
    Of course it matters that it matters that he used the cloak. the cloak makes using it impossible to sense his reiatsu. So Aizen wouldn't have been able to sense his reiatsu coming and he didn't see him coming either. So that at the very least means Urahara's sneaking skills weren't all that good. It'd be like if I had shoes that completely took away sound from my footsteps and i sneaked behind you and still couldn't hit you in a surprise attack as you were talking to someone else. That shows weakness if anything. Honestly any decent captain should be able to do the same if the conditions were the same.

  9. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Nations
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Quote Originally Posted by savantking View Post
    Of course it matters that it matters that he used the cloak. the cloak makes using it impossible to sense his reiatsu. So Aizen wouldn't have been able to sense his reiatsu coming and he didn't see him coming either. So that at the very least means Urahara's sneaking skills weren't all that good. It'd be like if I had shoes that completely took away sound from my footsteps and i sneaked behind you and still couldn't hit you in a surprise attack as you were talking to someone else. That shows weakness if anything. Honestly any decent captain should be able to do the same if the conditions were the same.
    but they werent the same because no one else was smart enough to fashion themselves the opportunity. Besides you underestimate shinigami-you dnt HAVE to rely on reiatsu sensing to see someone coming-they do have other senses as well-How does Kenpachi not get blindsided all the time? Aizen might not sense urahara's reiatsu but he would see out of the corner of his eye that something is flying at him-he just had the reflexes to react.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig



    Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

  10. #39
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Kyoraku- he was able to fight on par with Starrk, the 1st Espada, up until he released his zanpakuto.
    Meanwhile, Ulquiorra said that Urahara and Yoruichi could defeat him together, but not separately. It is not clear if he meant to say that while including his Segunda Etapa state. Urahara could not have fought Ulquiorra single-handed.

  11. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Where does Ulquiorra ever say that? These are the only words Ulquiorra has said to Urahara and Yoruichi:
    Spoiler show


    All he says, is that even with Yoruichi and Urahara defending Ichigo, Orihime, and Chad, he'd still be able to kill them (Ichigo and co. not Yoruichi and Urahara). Speaks nothing about how he would fair against either Yoruichi or Urahara.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

  12. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Nations
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    Where does Ulquiorra ever say that? These are the only words Ulquiorra has said to Urahara and Yoruichi:
    Spoiler show


    All he says, is that even with Yoruichi and Urahara defending Ichigo, Orihime, and Chad, he'd still be able to kill them (Ichigo and co. not Yoruichi and Urahara). Speaks nothing about how he would fair against either Yoruichi or Urahara.
    Exactly, there is also the fact that he still ran away. he knew if he killed the "trash" Urahara and yoruichi would be free to fight all out. Lets not forget he has the 0 espada with him and he still didnt feel confident. He was acting out like typical Ulquiorra but if he really thought he could win he would have stayed.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig



    Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

  13. #42
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    I see it even more simply.......Ulquiorra fighting "Urahara+Yoruichi" = difficult outcoming,IMO the two would rape him,excluding segunda etapa......Ulquiorra fighting them while they defend/try to heal Chad,/Ichigo/Orihime near....easy win fo r Ulqui!u can't fight/attack all out if u have to defend someone that can die :-P!

    Shunsui VS Urahara.......I gotta give it to Urahara....just him saying that Ichigo has more talent then him,IMO hints that he is one of the more talented shinigami ever alongside Hitsu,Aizen and Gin.
    Except young Hitsu,what these guyse achieved in 100 years took Shunsui 1000/2000 :-P

    But also,Urahara like Aizen but n a different manner,researched all the way to improve shinigami abilities,which leads to say that they r not only hollowification...
    I wouldn't be suprised if he did something to his zanpakoutou or he invented new huber powerful technique like Yoruichi Shunkou....

    Not talking about the Bazooka seen back then......he probably has more powerful tool then only his zanpakotou...

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Nations
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Quote Originally Posted by Yans86 View Post
    I see it even more simply.......Ulquiorra fighting "Urahara+Yoruichi" = difficult outcoming,IMO the two would rape him,excluding segunda etapa......Ulquiorra fighting them while they defend/try to heal Chad,/Ichigo/Orihime near....easy win fo r Ulqui!u can't fight/attack all out if u have to defend someone that can die :-P!

    Shunsui VS Urahara.......I gotta give it to Urahara....just him saying that Ichigo has more talent then him,IMO hints that he is one of the more talented shinigami ever alongside Hitsu,Aizen and Gin.
    Except young Hitsu,what these guyse achieved in 100 years took Shunsui 1000/2000 :-P

    But also,Urahara like Aizen but n a different manner,researched all the way to improve shinigami abilities,which leads to say that they r not only hollowification...
    I wouldn't be suprised if he did something to his zanpakoutou or he invented new huber powerful technique like Yoruichi Shunkou....

    Not talking about the Bazooka seen back then......he probably has more powerful tool then only his zanpakotou...
    Thats exactly what I'm thinking. we cant know for sure but I would bet Urahara has a load of freaky techniques and abilities up his sleeve.

    There is also another thing. Aizen said to use the Hogyoku to its full potential you need twice the reiatsu of an average captain, which obviously Aizen has. Question is:

    do you really think Urahara would make something he could not use to its full potential? If it works best like that, then I would at least assume that its creator also has twice the reiatsu of a standard captain.

    Also in terms of plot it is clear that Urahara is a more pivotal character and as a whole, those tend to be stronger. Thats just speculation though.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig



    Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

  16. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Well, it doesn't matter whether Urahara has the twice the power of a captain. THat only applies for a non-fully awakened Hogyoku. Aizen can use his 2x captain power+ to momentarily use Hogyoku as if it was in the fully released state, so it only applies when the Hogyoku is not awakened.

    THat said, I would not be surprised if Urahara has twice the power of a captain, since it's been hyped/foreshadowed.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

  17. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Nations
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kyoraku Shunsui

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    Well, it doesn't matter whether Urahara has the twice the power of a captain. THat only applies for a non-fully awakened Hogyoku. Aizen can use his 2x captain power+ to momentarily use Hogyoku as if it was in the fully released state, so it only applies when the Hogyoku is not awakened.

    THat said, I would not be surprised if Urahara has twice the power of a captain, since it's been hyped/foreshadowed.
    yh i'm positive KT keeps indicating Urahara will be epic. I dont know if he will be better than shunsui but shunsui actually needs to go and show us something good instead of living on his laurels. I like shunsui but he is annoying me because he is one of the top fighters in his army and he is taking the war as a joke while say each time Urahara came out to help he actively engaged the enemy. And he isnt even in the Gotei13 anymore-yh sure he has an agenda but what i mean is he isnt even a soldier and hes taking the war more seriously.

    I think it matters that you can temporarily awaken the hogyoku with 2xCaptain reiatsu because its all part of its properties which Urahara is responsible for...I could be wrong but this seems to indicate he has that same 2x captain reiatsu which is obviously relevant here.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig



    Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

New Reply
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts