Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Choose which outcomes you believe would occur

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ulquiorra defeats Yammy

    29 45.31%
  • Yammy defeats Ulquiorra

    16 25.00%
  • Ulquiorra defeats Starrk

    15 23.44%
  • Starrk defeats Ulquiorra

    39 60.94%
  • Ulquiorra defeats Barragan

    13 20.31%
  • Barragan defeats Ulquiorra

    34 53.13%
  • Ulquiorra defeats Harribel

    32 50.00%
  • Harribel defeats Ulquiorra

    15 23.44%
  • It is too inconclusive to draw any conclusions

    5 7.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 255

Thread: Ulquiorra vs either the Cero, Primera, Segunda, Tercera Espada

  1. #1
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Ulquiorra vs either the Cero, Primera, Segunda, Tercera Espada

    I created this thread to discuss how ulquiorra would fare in a fight against the espada above him.

    Ulquiorra vs released Yammi cero espada( 0 is before 1, deal with it).

    Ulquiorra vs primera espada stark

    Ulquiorra vs segunda espada barragan

    Ulquiorra vs Tercera espada Halibel


    The reason for which I think this would actualy be a decent discussion is the apparent fact that ulquiorra has a second stage to his release which no other espada seems to have. Ulquiorra also mentioned even aizen had not seen him in that stage which would be a reasonably safe ground to actually assume aizen did not consider that in his ranks.

    Another important factor to consider here would be what resurreccion segunda etapa means. A zampakuto release is a shinigami based power arrancar gain from shinigamification. If we consider that, it would be reasonable to assume it has two stages of release and segunda resurreccion would be an equivalent to bankai.

    Now, the fight takes place over the dome of las noches.

    Ulquiorra fights one espada and in case he survives, he moves on to fight the next one at full strength.

    Every starting fight begins with every espada at 100% and in their base form.

    I will add a pool once the power of all espada is revealed....

    edit:
    http://mangahut.com/manga/Bleach/348/pg9
    Here is one reason for which I think segunda etapa is an equivalent to bankai. Ulquiorra does not refer to it as a form (like byakuya reffered to the true form his bankai or gigio vega to the fighting form of his resurreccion) of his resurreccion but as an actual stage. A form refers to the different shapes and powers a zampakuto can have in a single stage while stage usually has referred to different levels of release a zampakuto has.

    Also, resurreccion segunda etapa would actually follow the regular pattern bankai's usually exhibit in shinigamis. bankais so far have been shown to be better, improved and overall more powerful versions of shikai. Usually bankai includes:
    - Bigger version of power exhibit by shikai.
    - Increased reiatsu and consumption of it.

    And ulquiorra clearly exhibited this things in his second stage.
    Here is ulquiorras released attack, some form of energy spear or sword.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/345/16/
    Here is his second stage attack; a bigger more baddass version than before:
    http://mangahut.com/manga/Bleach/351/pg6
    http://mangahut.com/manga/Bleach/351/pg8

    And reiatsu, which actually was a more dramatic example than lanza del relampago
    http://mangahut.com/manga/Bleach/348/pg8

    BTW, I am aware that even if segunda etapa is an equivalent to bakai, ulquiorra would not nesesarily be stronger than those above him(renji with bankai did not land a hit on byakuya without bankai) but I do think that it would be weird that even with such a transformation ulquiorra cannot match up or even surpass those above him.
    Last edited by kkck; May 16, 2009 at 06:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Aonsaithya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Here
    Country
    United Nations
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    Somehow Ulquiorra's second release looks much more badass, not to mention stronger, than Halibel's release. She looks like just another run-of-the-mill arrancar.
    http://img43.onemanga.com/mangas/000...7052/18-19.jpg
    http://img43.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0166252/16.jpg
    http://img.onemanga.com/mangas/00000...7862/19-20.jpg

    Ulquiorra's regeneration might also help against Barragan, but if Barragan rots his innards, it's game over anyway.
    Disbelief, Despair & Hatred.

  3. #3
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where there's hockey & poutine...
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    Well Yammi is technically the only Espada who changes number after he releases, but we still have no confirmation he's the strongest among them when everyone is released (that mean that Ichigo's friends are going to be the actual ones fighting the strongest Espada lol ).

    That being said, if Ulquiorra hid some of his powers from Aizen, did he hide them from the other Espada?

  4. #4
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    Well Yammi is technically the only Espada who changes number after he releases, but we still have no confirmation he's the strongest among them when everyone is released (that mean that Ichigo's friends are going to be the actual ones fighting the strongest Espada lol ).

    That being said, if Ulquiorra hid some of his powers from Aizen, did he hide them from the other Espada?
    I don't see why kubo would go through the whole "espada numbers go from 0 to 9" and yammi is cero espada when he releases(he actually introduced himself in a similar fashion to other espada) if yammi really was not the strongest espada. I do think there are conditions for yammi's power though, I doubt he actually is the top espada at all times when he releases.

    What would be the difference if ulquiorra hid his power from the other espada?

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #5
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ren Boy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't see why kubo would go through the whole "espada numbers go from 0 to 9" and yammi is cero espada when he releases(he actually introduced himself in a similar fashion to other espada) if yammi really was not the strongest espada. I do think there are conditions for yammi's power though, I doubt he actually is the top espada at all times when he releases.

    What would be the difference if ulquiorra hid his power from the other espada?
    I Was Reading A Site And Yammy Introduced Himself As Arrance Yammy...

    So Theroetically There Is 10 Espadas Fiting 10 Ranks...Not 11

  7. #6
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anbu RenBoy View Post
    I Was Reading A Site And Yammy Introduced Himself As Arrance Yammy...
    Yammi has introduced himself twice:
    The first as arrancar 10
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/230/14/
    The second one as cero espada
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/354/17/

    The first time he introduced himself, he did it in a similar fashion to what grimmjows fraccion did. The second one he did it as an espada.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anbu RenBoy View Post
    So Theroetically There Is 10 Espadas Fiting 10 Ranks...Not 11
    I never said there were 11 espada. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

  8. #7
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member stevenash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    Singapore
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    Why are we taling about Yammy?...anyway...people find it easy to accept that Yammy is No. 0....strongest espada...well...at least some...but why does people find it hard to accept that Ulq is 4th Espada...and thus weaker than 0,1,2,3 Espada?......

    He never said nobody knows about his ability...it's just that Aizen never sees it...just like how Aizen never sees Yammy's tattoo turns into 0....but that tattoo was given by Aizen...and knowing Aizen....he's fully aware of his minions powers and abilities...

  9. #8
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where there's hockey & poutine...
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't see why kubo would go through the whole "espada numbers go from 0 to 9" and yammi is cero espada when he releases(he actually introduced himself in a similar fashion to other espada) if yammi really was not the strongest espada. I do think there are conditions for yammi's power though, I doubt he actually is the top espada at all times when he releases.
    Well, I guess you could look at it this way...

    Yammi's tattoo changes number when he releases. If indeed that reflects the power level of him being the strongest, that means that the tattoo somehow magically knows he jumped in power gap right?

    Well your reason for mnaking this thread is because you think Ulquiorra's 2nd release gives him the possibility to hold up to stronger Espada right? Well if that was the case, why doesn't Ulquiorra's tattoo(which just plain vanishes when he releases) reflect a change in power gap if he is indeed on "another level of power"?

    there's also my 2nd point...

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    What would be the difference if ulquiorra hid his power from the other espada?
    Well if Ulquiorra hides some of his powers from Aizen & the other Espada, what's to tell us the other Espada aren't doing the same?

  10. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member WaveBossa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    Lol, Yammy has hijacked this thread...

    But i'm kinda confused KcKK, why even ask this question?

    Unless you think that Aizen not knowing is the only reason why Ulq's second release doesn't change his number. If thats the case, then he has a chance.

    But if he is still a 4 after segunda Etapa, then i really dont get the question.

  11. #10
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    Well if Ulquiorra hides some of his powers from Aizen & the other Espada, what's to tell us the other Espada aren't doing the same?
    Well, I obviously made the thread assuming that what ulquiorra said was true and he was the only espada capable of that. If segunda resurreccion is not what I think it is or the other espada are capable of that, then there is no discussion whatsoever and the thread should be pretty much deleted.


    Quote Quote:
    Lol, Yammy has hijacked this thread...

    But i'm kinda confused KcKK, why even ask this question?

    Unless you think that Aizen not knowing is the only reason why Ulq's second release doesn't change his number. If thats the case, then he has a chance.

    But if he is still a 4 after segunda Etapa, then i really dont get the question.
    I haven't though about ulquiorra's number changing.... I do doubt aizen would make his number change if he had not seen the form though(it is also posible he did not know about it altogether although it would be kinda hard considering he has the whole "Just as I predicted" thing from deathnote going on).

  12. #11
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Why are we taling about Yammy?...anyway...people find it easy to accept that Yammy is No. 0....strongest espada...well...at least some...but why does people find it hard to accept that Ulq is 4th Espada...and thus weaker than 0,1,2,3 Espada?......

    He never said nobody knows about his ability...it's just that Aizen never sees it...just like how Aizen never sees Yammy's tattoo turns into 0....but that tattoo was given by Aizen...and knowing Aizen....he's fully aware of his minions powers and abilities...
    I think it is clear that Aizen Knew about his second release. However, I about the other Espada knew about it. In line with that, perhaps Aizen assigned a him 4th based on what the other Espada perceived to be true---that he only has one release, and in that state, he is 4th strongest.

    But the ranking is just a number. Aizen knew how strong Ullqui really was. Why do you think he was his number 1 man? and why do you think he was entrusted the safekeeping of Las Noches when Yammi was also there?

  13. #12
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where there's hockey & poutine...
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, I obviously made the thread assuming that what ulquiorra said was true and he was the only espada capable of that. If segunda resurreccion is not what I think it is or the other espada are capable of that, then there is no discussion whatsoever and the thread should be pretty much deleted.
    Well that's why I asked if Ulquiorra would've hidden his powers from the other Espada which would imply that maybe they did the same. Of course, to date, I believe Ulquiorra is the only Espada who's hidden his powers to Aizen.

    Also, Segunda Ressurecion wasn't really explained all that well. If we are to believe these words, he is the only one able to achieve this stage so I'm assuming others can achieve it as well otherwise he would've said "I am the only one with this ability". The translator's choice of words implies that this is a universal ability only he has unlocked.

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I haven't though about ulquiorra's number changing.... I do doubt aizen would make his number change if he had not seen the form though(it is also posible he did not know about it altogether although it would be kinda hard considering he has the whole "Just as I predicted" thing from deathnote going on).
    Wait, you think Aizen was the one who changed Yammi's number? Aizen was in Karakura town though

    I was under the impression the tattoo itself was what changed when he released so it recognized a change in Yammi's power as overwhelming to another level.

    Yammi says in the manga "I am the only Espada whose number changes when I reach my full strength". This implies like Ulquiorra's statement that the number changing is a possibility within others, but only he has achieved this property. Of course I may be analyzing semantics too deeply(considering these are fan-made translations), but hey, what are 2 year's worth of literary analysis?

    Ok well on a more "nutshell" level, I don't see why Aizen would've put a special tattoo on only Yammi. I say he must've put the same kind of tattoo on everyone, but Yammi's tattoo is the only one who changes his rank because Yammi is the only one with the potential to literally jump power calibers when he releases.

    Ok well anyways, the thread is kinda moot until we see the other Espada's full powers.

  14. #13
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member stevenash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    Singapore
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    This thread would also only be useful if we assume that segunda estapa brings Ulq absolute powers into higher than Halibel...which is kind of doubtful considering that he gives up power for high-speed regeneration...though if he gives up power for high-speed regeneration but still powerful than Halibel...then he's just badass then....I wonder how powerful he'll be if he does takes power over hi-speed regeration...

    Quote Originally Posted by faisfa1 View Post
    I think it is clear that Aizen Knew about his second release. However, I about the other Espada knew about it. In line with that, perhaps Aizen assigned a him 4th based on what the other Espada perceived to be true---that he only has one release, and in that state, he is 4th strongest.

    But the ranking is just a number. Aizen knew how strong Ullqui really was. Why do you think he was his number 1 man? and why do you think he was entrusted the safekeeping of Las Noches when Yammi was also there?
    Just because Ulq does a lot of job for Aizen...doesn't mean that he is the strongest...it's because Aizen trust that Ulq will be loyal to him...and I think Ulq should've been lower in ranking as he has to run around doing jobs for Aizen in the real world while other gets to sit in Hueco Mundo relaxing..

    Ulq was in no doubt strong...but he was left in Hueco Mundo as he and Yammy was the only low level Espada left...well at least before Yammy went 0....and considering we have Old man Yama, Shunsui, Ukitake in FKT...leaving Stark, Barragan or Halibel would greatly weakens their fighting power...

    Aizen leadership over Espada are absolute...so IMO there's no need for him to put Ulq as No.4 just because other Espada doesn't know about his segunda estapa...it's not like Stark and other Espada would question his decisions......well...other than Grimmjow...

  15. #14
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    Quote Quote:
    Wait, you think Aizen was the one who changed Yammi's number? Aizen was in Karakura town though

    I was under the impression the tattoo itself was what changed when he released so it recognized a change in Yammi's power as overwhelming to another level.

    Yammi says in the manga "I am the only Espada whose number changes when I reach my full strength". This implies like Ulquiorra's statement that the number changing is a possibility within others, but only he has achieved this property. Of course I may be analyzing semantics too deeply(considering these are fan-made translations), but hey, what are 2 year's worth of literary analysis?

    Ok well on a more "nutshell" level, I don't see why Aizen would've put a special tattoo on only Yammi. I say he must've put the same kind of tattoo on everyone, but Yammi's tattoo is the only one who changes his rank because Yammi is the only one with the potential to literally jump power calibers when he releases.

    Ok well anyways, the thread is kinda moot until we see the other Espada's full powers.
    Actually I did think aizen had something to do with the whole number changing thing. The espada aren't an inherent group in the arrancar, they are a group of arrancar selected and ranked by aizen. If aizen was not behind the idea of yammi changing his number when he reaches full power and it simply changes because of yammi's angry rant then yammi saying he is cero espada holds as much value as nnoitora saying he is the strongest espada.

  16. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ulquiorra runs the gauntlet!

    I definitely think that Aizen is the one that changed his number. It's not like just all around the hollow world, random arrancars have numbers which magically change to show their power rankings. Aizen must have done it, or Yammi must have done it to himself (for ego purposes).

    I mean, look at Grimmjow, when his arm was cut off by Tousen, did you magically see a six disappear? No, Aizen scratched it out to indicate Luppi was the new 6th (although his actual plan was to use Grimmjow as a test for Orihime's powers). I don't think numbers magically change to show power levels, hence I believe that Ulquiora MIGHT be stronger than some of the espada above him.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts