Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: The How I Met Your Mother Thread

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The How I Met Your Mother Thread

Thread Bump!

A First Look at Season 8's Premiere episode:

Quote Quote:
    Here’s what we know for sure: The episode will contain what executive producer Craig Thomas has billed as “the deepest flashfoward into that monumental future wedding day of Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) and Robin (Cobie Smulders)” that fans have ever seen. Additionally: “We’re going to show the fans a glimpse of something that we hope will blow their minds,” he told EW.
    Well, if Barney left Robin at the altar, that would certainly blow my mind — but I don’t think it’s what Thomas is referencing. In fact, it can’t be. Because it would break my heart too much. Also, they wouldn’t give it away in a photo. And Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lily (Alyson Hannigan) would totally be able to stop him. And… I need to stop rationalizing. We’ll just have to see for ourselves in the season opener, airing Sept. 24.

Definitely very curious about the "mind blowing" part and "deepest flashforward" but considering how much trolling that normally happens during the flashforward and the waiting time we have to go through, I'm pessimistic. Could end up being a solid season if Barney and Robin's relationship is handled right and we start seeing some progress with Ted regarding the mother.
    Last edited by goldb; August 28, 2012 at 03:03 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting this, Bob. I hadn't heard anything about the upcoming season before this. I'm wondering if the "blow your mind" part is related to the mother, since we already know they meet at Barney and Robin's wedding. That would be my guess, but who knows.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Bob. I hadn't heard anything about the upcoming season before this. I'm wondering if the "blow your mind" part is related to the mother, since we already know they meet at Barney and Robin's wedding. That would be my guess, but who knows.
    It's the only thing I can think of too. I also wonder if the "mind blowing" and "flashforward" are 2 separate stories or relate in some way. Not too long to go now, so we'll find out soon.

Casting news:

Quote Quote:
    EW has learned exclusively that exiting Saturday Night Live cast member Abby Elliott has scored an arc on the upcoming season of HIMYM, which kicks off Monday, September 24.

Craig Thomas(series screenwriter) says : "We're thrilled to have the hilarious Abby Elliot joining us in an arc as Janeane, the craziest girl the HIMYM gang has ever encountered. And the strange, inexplicable phenomenon is : the crazier Janeane gets, the more attractive one of the gang finds her. It doesn't end well".

Abby Elliott’s father, Chris Elliott, also recurs on HIMYM, playing Lily's father, Mickey Aldrin.

Abby Elliott's first episode will air sometime in the new year.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buffynut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought I'd try to revive this thread because I really love this show, even if it's kind of putt-putting along lately...

First of all, I'm one of the few that really like the Barney & Robin relationship and have since the beginning. When she wore a suit and was Barney's "bro" I knew there was something there with these characters. And I can understand why other viewers aren't as into the pairing. Ted's story has almost taken a backseat for the past year or so, but the writers are pretty talented and I think they know what they are doing.

That's what I like most about the show, the writers and their ability to bring everything back around at one point or the other.

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8